Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal move within a company being blocked

Options
  • 15-02-2020 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I'm working with a financial firm and we're being told that there's a big adjustment in the cost base in the pipeline. Voluntary redundancies, etc.

I have been looking to move teams in work anyway and pursue a new area of work. I had some I initial conversations (with permission of my boss) with other managers and a move seemed to be on the horizon.

I'm now been told that "resources in our area are very stretched" and when I asked why an internal move wouldn't be supported then I was given a spiel about having to "look after our own cost centre here"...

This strikes me as bull to be honest. Surely, it's a better use of resources overall for the company to support the move instead of risking losing me...?

Does anyone have any advice of where I go from here? I'm considering going to HR about it

Advertisement