Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best restaurants in dublin for a couple

Options
  • 15-02-2020 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi any sugesstions to were my girlfriend and i could go for dinner tonight while were here in dublin somewhere similar to the paddocks or good chinese restaurants?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

M&L Chinese on Cathedral Street just off OConnell Street is an excellent Chinese. The decor isnt the best but the food is top notch and the prices are very reasonable too. A lot of Chinese people eat there, I would ring them for a reservation instead of just showing up as they would be very busy on a Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Rmgblue

The food in the paddocks isn't good so you could literally eat anywhere and enjoy it.

To answer your question tho... Tapas in the market bar is lovely.

I have other restaurant recommendations but again if you like the paddocks you aren't fussy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Muahahaha wrote: »
    M&L Chinese on Cathedral Street just off OConnell Street is an excellent Chinese. The decor isnt the best but the food is top notch and the prices are very reasonable too. A lot of Chinese people eat there, I would ring them for a reservation instead of just showing up as they would be very busy on a Saturday night.

Amen to M&L

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

Rmgblue wrote: »
    The food in the paddocks isn't good so you could literally eat anywhere and enjoy it.

I have other restaurant recommendations but again if you like the paddocks you aren't fussy

I mean as in the theme of what they do as in presentation and a nice looking place and parking

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mod note:I've moved this to the Dublin City forum - it's better suited to here than the Food forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Rmgblue wrote: »

Tapas in the market bar is really really good, reasonably priced food, nice surroundings and ambience but they absolutely kill your wallet with the price of drinks.

Pints :

Heineken 6.30
    Tiger 6.60
    Sierra Nevada 6.80

Just added up three courses and two pints 41 euros a head before tip, maybe some might say bit much for Tapas but it’s delicious and ample portions . Again the food is reasonable but South of France prices for drinks really is a bit of a kick in the bollocks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I know it's too late for the OP, but another vote for M&L here, or it's newest sister restaurant around the corner on Marlborough Street, Kitchen 85, which is more a sweeter Cantonese style rather than Szechuan. Very tasty anyway and not expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

The Port House. Spanish tapas and wine bar. Good food too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

GiftofGab wrote: »
    The Port House. Spanish tapas and wine bar. Good food too.

My wife loves the port house, I can take or leave it but I suspect it’s more tapas that I’m not really into as I have enjoyed the food there but it’s never left me delighted.

Advertisement