Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Using Mobile phones during a performance

• 15-02-2020 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Went to a play at the Gaiety Theatre a few nights ago and after the interval an older lady decided that what was on her phone was more interesting than what was happening on the stage.

She sat there scrolling on whatever app she was on with the screen fully lit up. Her seat could not be reached by the Theatre staff and they then spent a few minutes flickering their torches at her and her husband (neither of them noticed..).

Nobody sitting beside or behind the lady asked her to switch it off, but from our seating we could tell that they all noticed the commotion from the Theatre staff.

Even before the staff members noticed, it was so distracting as her face and those around her were completely lit up from her screen.

When the lady finally noticed and switched off her screen, she gave the longest death stare at the staff member, and seemed completely put out by the demand!!

What do you think possesses somebody to think that using their phone during a live performance is okay? :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I have no idea why anyone would go to the theatre if they have so little interest in it! I can only imagine that they have been rbought there under duress with their partner and are accompanying them but have little interest but it is still extremely rude. Theatre staff are usually on the ball but obviously can't get near someone in the middle of a row. I'm surprised no one seated beside or behind her tapped her on the shoulder to tell her the theatre staff were trying to catch her attention, I would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

I don't understand people using their mobiles in cinemas never mind a theatre!

Advertisement