Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A sensible non-pc judge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The NGOs are coming for you, judge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

The usual bleeding hearts will be along to tell us how xenophobic and small-minded we are.

Wait, what's the judge's name again ?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ah it's well known that Judge Zaidan has zero time for BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Fair play to him, not enough of his ilk around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

That stache, he could be on a 80s cop show. Just the man to clean up this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

If this judge can use his common sense & be objective and pass judgement on that basis, why don’t all the others?
    He would be trained to distinguish/separate his personal feelings from a legal point of view wouldn’t he?
    I would imagine this is a professional requirement, so why does it seem so rare, particularly when you read about the high awards for compensation cases?
    I do accept that Law is nittygritty arcane stuff that outsiders are not aware off. By outsiders I mean people who have not had dealings with lawyers and judges.

Is it really possible to live here for years and not pick up enough English for everyday use?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Kewreeuss wrote: »

Is it really possible to live here for years and not pick up enough English for everyday use?

Yes if she lives with her fellow countrymen and does not mix with any people who speak only English, it is very possible. She has no need and no motivation to speak English

I know good things re this Judge from another case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭Damien360

Graces7 wrote: »
    Yes if she lives with her fellow countrymen and does not mix with any people who speak only English, it is very possible. She has no need and no motivation to speak English

I know good things re this Judge from another case.

I met a Polish woman working in a barbers and she said she was here years with no English as she stayed within her own community. It's only when she had a child, and school started that she had to mix and learn. Told me she used to bring her very embarrassed young daughter out of school to the doctor for translation. That was the final motivation to get out and learn.

Perhaps she has no need or motivation.
    But wouldn’t she be interested, or curious?

Ah, I see the second response about the polish lady.
    It’s just so alien a stance to me. I love learning and discovering.
    I understand what you are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Ah it's well known that Judge Zaidan has zero time for BS.

Even before clicking on the link I guessed it would be him - really doesn't put up with any nonsense, hammers those who feels deserve it.

• Advertisement

But why don’t we hear about other judges Making common sense decisions?
    Or are they only common sense decisions because I agree with him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Lord Fairlord

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    But why don’t we hear about other judges Making common sense decisions?
    Or are they only common sense decisions because I agree with him?

There is such a thing as objective morality. We live in an age of moral relativism however, where objective morality isn't recognised; thus what used be common sense isn't very common anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Never thought id agree with zaidan on something but sure here we are now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Illiteracy is common among the Roma. I would imagine it makes learning another language more difficult as you can't write down what you've learned.

Some photos of the place she lives here. I would have some sympathy for people living in these conditions. They really need to learn to read and write, and get some sort of education and proper employment to lift them out of this.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/shocking-photos-show-slum-like-10100163

the Man's an unmerciful cunt.

Doesn't matter how many lads he locks up for trivial road traffic offenses, he will never get the blood off his hands.

What he do, never heard of him before this article?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Cordell

n97 mini wrote: »
    Illiteracy is common among the Roma. I would imagine it makes learning another language more difficult as you can't write down what you've learned.

Some photos of the place she lives here. I would have some sympathy for people living in these conditions. They really need to learn to read and write, and get some sort of education and proper employment to lift them out of this.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/shocking-photos-show-slum-like-10100163

https://www.google.com/search?q=palate+tiganesti&rlz=1C1GCEA_en__843__843&sxsrf=ACYBGNQvgOYg3oeXp9USoESFDBW1V2xFKw:1581956767749&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiA7MOZgNnnAhWLYMAKHWX7Cf0Q_AUoAXoECAwQAw&biw=1420&bih=816

All this is from proceeds of crimes like begging, shoplifting, pocket picking.

Cordell wrote: »

I'm aware of that, back in Romania etc. Being funded by people living in an abandoned factory is just wrong.

There was a documentary on channel 4 about romas travelling to the uk, in his own words (more or less)the main leader" she give me house, she give me money", they were coming to the uk to get benefits to send home and move back when he had enough to build a new house for his family in Romania. I had to admire his open honesty nearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Leinster leader behind a paywall

wept

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Deport after completion of sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

lawred2 wrote: »

wept
    f9 on firefox.

Well, I’ve looked and I can’t find anything dreadful in the judges past. What blood on his hands?
    Lord fair lord, I see. The blindfolded lady holding the balance in her hand has had her powers diluted.
    3D specs provided. Not a good thing, not a bad thing.

lawred2 wrote: »

wept

Right-click, view page source

Advertisement