Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"None of our children on the list are getting these houses"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Gatling wrote: »
    There you go again with no infrastructure .

There is plenty of infrastructure all over the country your denying any infrastructure is tallaght , saggart and citywest , when there is plenty of infrastructure no empty fields but everything anyone could need ,

But according to you there is not -delusional

You, Gatling, are reading what you want to read.

Again, I never said there was no infrastructure. I said there was I N S U F F I C I E N T infrastructure, maybe spelling it out for you in capitals will make it sink in.

Infrastructure to support thousands of homes take years to develop. In the case of Tallaght, Saggart and Citywest, it took over 40 years and still work to be done. If you can't see that, well, there is no point continuing.

Its true, you just can't argue with stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

AulWan wrote: »

Again, I never said there was no infrastructure. I said there was
    I N S U F F I C I E N T infrastructure, maybe spelling it out for you in capitals will make it sink in.

Infrastructure to support thousands of homes take years to develop. In the case of Tallaght, Saggart and Citywest, it took over 40 years and still work to be done. If you can't see that, well, there is no point continuing. Its true, you just can't argue with stupid.

there are 1000 homes going up in citywest, lets just deal with that right here. What exactly does citywest need in order to adequatly service the 2-3000 people who will occupy those homes, what specifically should have gone in first. Very specifically just citywest and just for those 1000 homes.

You can't calculate that in isolation on top of the already thousands of new homes developed in the area over the last few years.

But hey, don't let that stop you.

You can't calculate that in isolation on top of the already thousands of new homes developed in the area over the last few years.

But hey, don't let that stop you.

ok so aside from shifting those goalposts, even before these 1000 new homes, what is citywest lacking currently to serve its residents and precisely in a broken down format, what needs to be done for the people of citywest before these houses are even on the table ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Infrastructure to support thousands of homes take years to develop. In the case of Tallaght, Saggart and Citywest,

It's there in black and white.

There is plenty of infrastructure between citywest , saggart and tallaght .

• Advertisement

ok so aside from shifting those goalposts, even before these 1000 new homes, what is citywest lacking currently to serve its residents and precisely in a broken down format, what needs to be done for the people of citywest before these houses are even on the table ?

Not shifting any goalposts. What is needed is obvious to anyone with half a brain, and also the fact that those needs need to be be met in a reasonable time frame, and that is not in 5,10, or 40 years time.

But one that is not needed is more pubs and restaurants, (not that I can think of any new pubs in Citywest or any restaurant that doesn't serve it's food in a paper bag). I agree there are plenty of those, if thats your thing.

Then there are the knock on effects. As mentioned those a little further down the Luas line have given up trying to use it at peak morning commute times. But I guess they don't count.

As mentioned those a little further down the Luas line have given up trying to use it at peak morning commute times.

As a user of three Luas stops totally disagree ,
    The same applies to the 4 bus routes in the area 5 if you count the 27 around the corner

Not shifting any goalposts. What is needed is obvious to anyone with half a brain, and also the fact that those needs need to be be met in a reasonable time frame, and that is not in 5,10, or 40 years time.

But one that is not needed is more pubs and restaurants, (not that I can think of any new pubs in Citywest or any restaurant that doesn't serve it's food in a paper bag). I agree there are plenty of those, if thats your thing.

Then there are the knock on effects. As mentioned those a little further down the Luas line have given up trying to use it at peak morning commute times. But I guess they don't count.

that entire paragraph wasnt an answer at all, "it doesnt need more pubs or restaurants" , you cant think of anything because there is no deficiency for the people of citywest, its a very well serviced area and doesn't need anything else for its current populous, adding a few more thousand people will add the buying momentum required to run another spar and build another primary school in under 10 years which is quite reasonable.

As a user of three Luas stops totally disagree ,
    The applies to the 4 bus routes in the area 5 if you count the 27 around the corner

You can disagree all you like, it doesn't make my family member's experience any less true.

You'd wonder why the Luas is full when there are so many accessible bus routes.

Maybe you should take the bus, Gatling, leave a bit more room for those a couple of stops further down the line who don't have five bus routes to choose from like you do.

You can disagree all you like, it doesn't make my family member's experience any less

So antidotal speaking .

Suprise suprise

• Advertisement

that entire paragraph wasnt an answer at all, "it doesnt need more pubs or restaurants" , you cant think of anything because there is no deficiency for the people of citywest, its a very well serviced area and doesn't need anything else for its current populous, adding a few more thousand people will add the buying momentum required to run another spar and build another primary school in under 10 years which is quite reasonable.

LOL, a spar and a primary school in ten years. Fantastic.

You can disagree all you like, it doesn't make my family member's experience any less true.

You'd wonder why the Luas is full when there are so many accessible bus routes.

Maybe you should take the bus, Gatling, leave a bit more room for those a couple of stops further down the line who don't have five bus routes to choose from like you do.

so what is this luas stop people arent using anymore, is your entire argument against them building more houses in citywest is that a luas running near your council house might be full ?

LOL, a spar and a primary school in ten years. Fantastic.

well I dont know what else it needs, youre the expert on it but refused to tell me what else citywest needs, I just know now that it doesnt need another pub.

So antidotal speaking .

Suprise suprise

What you are posting is also anecdotal, you could be in Japan for all I know.

And frankly, I think your bull****ting about living in the area, but I was too polite to say it. :)

so what is this luas stop people arent using anymore, is your entire argument against them building more houses in citywest is that a luas running near your council house might be full ?

I don't live in a council house any more Eric, or commute by Luas, pay attention.

I don't live in a council house any more Eric, or commute by Luas, pay attention.

yet again deflecting but anyway, which luas stop is full and when, do you take the bus instead because the luas is full ?

I drive. But this is not about one person, much as you'd like to make it about me.

And I'm not interesting in continuing your tit for tat bull****.

You want to believe cramming more and more houses rapidly in an already over-developed area is good for anyone? Go right ahead.

If you want to go on believing the answer to the housing crisis is to dump all new and existing social tenant into empty rural spaces outside of Dublin is a viable option, then you go right ahead too.

Have at it.

What you are posting is also anecdotal, you could be in Japan for all I know.

And frankly, I think your bull****ting about living in the area, but I was too polite to say it. :)

Lol

You know whenever someone is caught out they get a little abusive nothing new unfortunately.
    Considering I know more about the area I live in Vs some one repeating no infrastructure ,not enough infrastructure, denying what infrastructure is there ,

Seems odd .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

When I read articles like the OP posted, I think about the settled travellers family who go to our school.

10 children in the family, living in a rural house provided by the council
    Both parents can barely read or write.

But by feck they have put all their kids through the school, excellent attendance and behaviour and every one of them went onto seconday school, did exams and are out doing apprenticeships, further training or working.
    Still a few of them in primary btw

They are a credit to their parents.

Spongers will be spongers

Lol

You know whenever someone is caught out they get a little abusive nothing new unfortunately.
    Considering I know more about the area I live in Vs some one repeating no infrastructure ,not enough infrastructure, denying what infrastructure is there ,

Seems odd .

I could say the same about you, Gatling. For someone who claims to live in Citywest, (first time I've ever seen you mention it) you're either clueless or just pretty oblivious to what is going on around you.

I've posted many times about growing up in West Tallaght, and have seen Citywest develop from empty fields to what it is now, so you can believe whatever the like, while I will continue to believe the one spoofing here, is you.

Have a nice evening.

• Advertisement

I could say the same about you, Gatling. For someone who claims to live in Citywest, (first time I've ever seen you mention it) you're either clueless or just pretty oblivious to what is going on around you.

I've posted many times about growing up in West Tallaght, and have seen Citywest develop from empty fields

There you go again .

Empty fields 40 years, and yet I know more about living here and the infrastructure here than someone claiming to be here 40 years .

Again you can't tell us what infrastructure is missing or not enough of you don't seem to know alot about the area at all.

There you go again .

Empty fields 40 years, and yet I know more about living here and the infrastructure here than someone claiming to be here 40 years .

Again you can't tell us what infrastructure is missing or not enough of you don't seem to know alot about the area at all.

You're repeating yourself now.

If you're living in the area as you claim, and won't acknowledge the problems with pressure on school places that already exists (even before another 1000 homes are added) or the fact that you can't get a GP appointment for a week, (thats if you can find one who will take on your family) or the fact that the Luas is packed and the roads already heavily congested, because you'll lose face on an internet forum, then thats not my problem, and it doesn;t make a liar, which you are trying to imply.

You're repeating yourself now.

If you're living in the area as you claim, and won't acknowledge the problems with pressure on school places that already exists (even before another 1000 homes are added) or the fact that you can't get a GP appointment for a week, (thats if you can find one who will take on your family) or the fact that the Luas is packed and the roads already heavily congested, because you'll lose face on an internet forum, then thats not my problem, and it doesn;t make a liar, which you are trying to imply.

the 1000 houses are going in to citywest, you were giving out about the luas being full in tallaght, which area has these problems at the moment ?

I'd like to make an official complaint -

I can't find a working phonebox

I can find Gps

A hospital

Multiple hotels

Libraries

Retailers

A university/college

Football stadium

A luas line

Schools including primary , secondary,Gael scoils ,educate together,

Buses

Shopping centre

Convention center

Theater

Pubs

Cafes

Restaurants

Out of hours clinics

Private clinics

But Joe now Joe this is actually serious I can not find a phone box ........

"Gatling" yes joe ? it's 2020 we all phones in our pockets and even your kids have them .......

Thanks Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I drive. But this is not about one person, much as you'd like to make it about me.

And I'm not interesting in continuing your tit for tat bull****.

You want to believe cramming more and more houses rapidly in an already over-developed area is good for anyone? Go right ahead.

If you want to go on believing the answer to the housing crisis is to dump all new and existing social tenant into empty rural spaces outside of Dublin is a viable option, then you go right ahead too.

Have at it.

where do you want to put these people though? you have to be realistic, this is Ireland, its appalling planned and run. Putting these people into these areas , at least they have services. Or do you put them in greenfields served by boreens? Its bloody idiocy though on one front though, our transport infrastructure is a disgrace and they should be housing far more in the city centre, docklands in particular, at least that would mean they could walk or cycle a few minutes to the major employment centre and destination. But this place is a joke, "don't build high rise" "don't do this" "don't do that" … In the likes of Sandyford etc " no high rise" why? in case they have to see a building a few hundred meters away from their bedroom window?

The amount of social housing in central areas of Dublin, then these people paying for it all, should commute from miles out on **** transport, paying extortionate rent? Many of those old social housing blocks should be demolished and replaced at far greater density...

I actually lost a family member due to there being no phone lines installed when the houses were built in Tallaght. Maybe if the services needed had been put in place when the houses were being built instead of "planned" for several years down the road - then they would have survived. But as it was, by the time someone ran to Tallaght Garda station (in the village, ironically where the funeral home is now) to find a phone to call an ambulance, and they made it out to the house, he was dead.

So what was meant as a flippant comment from you, Gatling, hits a little too close to home for me.

I'm glad you think Citywest is perfectly ready for 1000 new homes overnight, including no shortage of creches, preschool, primary and secondary school places for every child, enough GPs and medical facilities for everyone, shops, restaurants and bars galore, and that it will not put any additional pressure on the Luas line or the traffic congestion or the surrounding areas. What I'm hearing from friends and family who live there, is it is not ready, and "planned" services are needed now.

May it keep fine for you. I'm out. Thread unfollowed.

I actually lost a family member due to there being no phone lines installed when the houses were built in Tallaght. Maybe if the services needed had been put in place when the houses were being built instead of "planned" for several years down the road - then they would have survived. But as it was, by the time someone ran to Tallaght Garda station (in the village, ironically where the funeral home is now) to find a phone to call an ambulance, and they made it out to the house, he was dead.

So what was meant as a flippant comment from you, Gatling, hits a little too close to home for me.

I'm glad you think Citywest is perfectly ready for 1000 new homes overnight, including no shortage of creches, preschool, primary and secondary school places for every child, enough GPs and medical facilities for everyone, shops, restaurants and bars galore, and that it will not put any additional pressure on the Luas line or the traffic congestion or the surrounding areas. What I'm hearing from friends and family who live there, is it is not ready, and "planned" services are needed now.

starts with a story about over 30 years ago which has no baring, anecdotal words from family members about whats needed in citywest but can't convey it here.... yet again the LUAS congestion .....

Where would you put the houses ?

Maybe you should direct your questions to this group.

"Overwhelming Concerns over Citywest Fasttracking".

Unless, of course, you think they're all liars and making stuff up too. According to the article, published November 2019.

“This group was formed due to the overwhelming concern from Citywest residents about the number of applications for residential developments,” the group spokesperson said.

“It is imperative that the infrastructure to cater for existing residents is in place prior to any further permissions being granted for more residential dwellings in this area.

“We have no secondary school, no community centre, no sports clubs or facilities, no library, no Garda station, no public house, no youth facilities, no village area or amenities.

“We have one underdeveloped park, which is not fit for purpose for the number of residents.

There is also a pretty comprehensive letter outlining their issues including shortages of school places, and the Luas, on their facebook page.

???? yet, no shortage or lack of infrastructure in Citywest, according to Gatling.

And 500 more apartments approved since the article was published.

@Idbatterim - if you read the thread you will see I am not anti development. I am against OVER development in already saturated areas. This whole thing went of an a tangent because posters kept arguing that any new social housing should be in green fields outside of Dublin and I pointed out that estates in green fields need infrastructure that take years to develop. But apparantly that is beyond the limited comprehension of some.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

You lost a family member years ago because there was no phone??

There was no mobile phones years ago.

I think I'll have a rant about my aunt who died 29 years ago because there was no phones.

Ah I give up.

• Advertisement

“We have no secondary school, no community centre, no sports clubs or facilities, no library, no Garda station, no public house, no youth facilities, no village area or amenities.

the chances of the government opening any new garda stations are almost 0 , theyll just expand the remit of existing ones.

no pub - unlikely to show up unless insurance rules change and planning gets easier.

Advertisement