Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"None of our children on the list are getting these houses"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MakingMovies2

Imagine your child looking at their birth cert and asking " why isnt my dads name on it?"

Cretins.

So you think women are incapable of raising families on their own? I think most families are better off this way it removes angst and the kids turn out better without the toxic influence

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Aww another sad entitled whiny white male crying at his evaporating privilege. There's these things called jobs. Go get one and stop crying on the internet.

Christ almighty. Do you really feel so bad that you've to take that attitude with someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Aww another sad entitled whiny white male crying at his evaporating privilege. There's these things called jobs. Go get one and stop crying on the internet.

Toxic post from a toxic person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Where a stupid and moronic post where did he say he was unemployed?

And? What's wrong with that? They're entitled to come to Ireland and start new lives. Or are only white Irish people allowed to live here?

People like you are the problem in this country.

Turning areas as in Citywest and Jobstown into no go areas and never working is starting a new life is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Men who live with parents are one of the most hated groups in society, I never noticed this until i became an adult living with parents myself. You often notice the jibes on tv and the Internet about basement dwellers. Society hates on us but never shows empathy for our poverty or mental health difficulties. Society has shown me nothing but contempt for being a failed man so I show it nothing but contempt.

That's not what basement dweller means if we're into discussing American terminology. You can live with your parents but if you don't post hateful tripe online you're not a basement dweller.

People like you are the problem in this country.

I think you'll find the scummy slack jawed racists going on about the foreigners taking our jobs and women are the real scourge

I'm starting to tire of boards immensely.there seems to be a real darkness after coming into it in the last year or two.the hatred I'm seeing here is worse than twitter and on par with the daily mail comments section.i do not want to be in an echo chamber and I do love challenging views that make me think differently but some of the stuff in here is just pure hatred.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Toxic post from a toxic person.

At least I contribute to society unlike some sad white male crying on a forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Give them a place down the country. What gives anyone a right to a house for nothing. It makes a mockery of the rest of us, renting, saving for a house or paying a mortgage.

The sense of entitlement in this country is sickening.

• Advertisement

Buddy what's your problem? On some of your posts you're taking of Africans and eastern Europeans in a negative manner and others you talk or whinging white males. Do you just hate everyone or you trolling?

smurgen wrote: »
    I'm starting to tire of boards immensely.there seems to be a real darkness after coming into it in the last year or two.the hatred I'm seeing here is worse than twitter and on par with the daily mail comments section.i do not want to be in an echo chamber and I do love challenging views that make me think differently but some of the stuff in here is just pure hatred.

Big time. Some of the posts and attitudes on here since the election was called have been outright bile.

Running down white males your the racist and your toxic and nasty.

It is white males who do all the real work.

Building sites
    Warehouse work
    Security on the frontline

I don't see feminists Africans or libtards lining up to do any real work.

Importing half of Eastern Europe to slash wages and destroyed the working class.

AdrianII wrote: »
    Give them a place down the country. What gives anyone a right to a house for nothing. It makes a mockery of the rest of us, renting, saving for a house or paying a mortgage.

The sense of entitlement in this country is sickening.

As someone who supports social housing I would support this. We should have adequate housing for people.not luxury.

Buddy what's your problem? On some of your posts you're taking of Africans and eastern Europeans in a negative manner and others you talk or whinging white males. Do you just hate everyone or you trolling?

I've never spoken of Africans or Eastern Europeans badly. Maybe lay off the poitin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Yurt! wrote: »
    One thing is for certain, housing has become the most toxic political and social issue in the country, and brings out the very worst in people when it gets brought up.

I have my own pet theories why it went so badly wrong and the possible road out of the hole we're in, but someone would probably fly off the handle if I introduced them.

Until the Irish people are ready to sit down and seriously discuss the layers of problems leaving their emotions aside, it will I predict get worse. Then there are those would deny there is any problem at all - and I honestly think those people should leave the debate and get on with their lives if they feel so strongly that there isn't an issue here.

I would be interested to hear your theories and road out, as I have similar thoughts myself...

Running down white males your the racist and your toxic and nasty.

It is white males who do all the real work.

Building sites
    Warehouse work
    Security on the frontline

I don't see feminists Africans or libtards lining up to do any real work.

Importing half of Eastern Europe to slash wages and destroyed the working class.

You just went the whole white mans burden there. It's probably the most pathetic thing I've ever read. Also the use of libtard sums up your intellect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

NIMAN wrote: »
    Perhaps its time grown adults started to live the lives that suits their means?

If you are on the waiting list 5 years, 10 years, stop churning out kids.
    Maybe say "its time I upskilled and try to work my way out of this mess I'm in"

I also notice a lack of fathers being mentioned in a lot of these stories. Its always "mum with X children". Its time people started to look after the kids they produce. Its not the taxpayers job.

If you rely on handouts all your life, your lot isn't going to improve much.
    The State can only do so much. It can never house everyone who wants housed, especially if its in a location they won't move away from.

People aren't realistic.

I know lots of people who are doing just as you suggest. They can’t get a mortgage after working and saving for years. Unfortunately at the present time your suggestions are just not realistic for the majority of people.

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I would be interested to hear your theories and road out, as I have similar thoughts myself...

It's exhausting posting about housing so I'll decline for now. A large minority of people just want to shut down conversation and fling insults.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

As someone who supports social housing I would support this. We should have adequate housing for people.not luxury.

A house is a house. I think people are afraid to leave the area they know, lots of good places down the country and in my opinion a better quality of life.

If someone would rather stay in a house with 10 others or a house of there own, a bus or train ride away then they are nuts.

• Advertisement

I've never spoken of Africans or Eastern Europeans badly. Maybe lay off the poitin

What you're doing on this site will not make you happy.go out and get some fresh air into your lungs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Idbatterim wrote: »

How do you know they’re similar if you don’t know what they are? 🤔

You just went the whole white mans burden there. It's probably the most pathetic thing I've ever read. Also the use of libtard sums up your intellect.

Go outside for a walk. You've turned an already heated thread into a 3am brawl outside a nightclub with your nonsense.

What you're doing on this site will not make you happy.go out and get some fresh air into your lungs.

So you completely ignore the accusation you made against me and give me sage advice? You're full of rubbish

Who is going to work in the low paying jobs that keep the shops stocked and the roads maintained.

These jobs no longer pay enough to support a mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

alastair wrote: »
    How do you know they’re similar if you don’t know what they are? 🤔

I meant I have similar thoughts about fixing the issues and what I think is required...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Thatsthejob

Why should there be any social housing in new estates. So one family pay 250k plus for the house and there neighbour is given 1 for free??

Would anybody here be happy if that happened them. Imagine getting up for work every morning and the lad next door laughing at you as your paying for your own house but also his!

How is this right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭mcgragger

And? What's wrong with that? They're entitled to come to Ireland and start new lives. Or are only white Irish people allowed to live here?

Why are they entitled to come here and take handouts when genuine Irish workers are not able to house themselves? Genuine Question!

If people come to work and add to society then I dont care where they are from but if they come to be a part of the social problem then no. We should be looking after our own and enabling a pathway from work to getting a house.

Social housing needs to be about some sort of payback, not just here you go, pay a tenner a month.

Why cant the general operative jobs in the civil service be done by people that get houses on the social? Here is a house and the dole - you must work 40 hours a week for it like everyone else. There is alot of work to be done.

Only people with genuine reasons of disability etc should be "entitled" to be getting free housing.

Who is going to work in the low paying jobs that keep the shops stocked and the roads maintained.

These jobs no longer pay enough to support a mortgage.

That's because mortgages cost more.the more expensive housing costs the more people need to get paid. As a manager I've heard it from employees on several occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,660 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Would be interested to hear any ideas that you might think would help.

Would you not share?

Advertisement