Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"None of our children on the list are getting these houses"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Nope, he's appealing that also, so hasn't got anything.

Exactly, 'orders' are akin to polite requests.

He’s in prison. He’s not going to win his appeal. He’s under enforced deportation.

The orders are orders - nothing voluntary about them.

Glad I bought my house second hand in an established area with no 20% rule TBH. But then again I am a snob obviously to some, I don't really care.

Would never buy new with that 20% rule extant. Sorry now, my money, my choice.

You’re entitled to buy or not buy whatever you like. But there’s plenty will be only too happy to buy those homes.

Ah sure it's just life in a big city like their Mayor said.
    Loads of social housing given to non English look how that worked out.

It’s worked out fine. Lived there for years and can’t say it was ever anything but a great city to live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

alastair wrote: »
    He’s in prison. He’s not going to win his appeal. He’s under enforced deportation.
    Psychic?
    Or maybe you still didn't read the article yet?
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/5055250/asylum-seeker-gay-death-threats-fathered-children-court/

He's on his 2nd appeal of sorts...
    The State is still unable to boot him out due to the ongoing court challenge
    The orders are orders - nothing voluntary about them.
    Some people are handed 'orders' e.g. parking tickets fines (after supplying a false name, age and address). Once they're out of sight, the 'order to pay' gets crumpled and voluntary thrown like a mini basketball into the nearest wastepaper bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

It’s worked out fine. Lived there for years and can’t say it was ever anything but a great city to live in.

Yes sounds like a dream alright.
    Number of homicides in London climbs to 10-year high
    The number of homicides in London has hit a 10-year high and there has been a surge in knife and gang-related killings since 2014, figures show.

The Metropolitan police recorded 149 homicides in 2019 up to 30 December. In five years the homicide rate has increased by more than 50%, from 94 cases in 2014.
    Do you attend the Nothing Hill Carnival a great spectacle of culture
    The weekend saw the largest number of police officers deployed at the event in six years

A man was stabbed on the final night of Notting Hill Carnival, with a total of 373 people arrested over the course of the weekend, police have confirmed.

• Advertisement

Perhaps, but you could also end up with zombie knifes or samurai swords instead, have you seen the recent knife stats for (multi-cultural) London recently?

What utter tosh yes one or two minor problems but just think of all the benefits food from every corner of the world on your doorstep.:D

Psychic?
    Or maybe you still didn't read the article yet?
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/5055250/asylum-seeker-gay-death-threats-fathered-children-court/

He's on his 2nd appeal of sorts...

Some people are handed 'orders' e.g. parking tickets fines (after supplying a false name, age and address). Once they're out of sight, the 'order to pay' gets crumpled and voluntary thrown like a mini basketball into the nearest wastepaper bin.

Everyone going through the asylum application is entitled to appeal their rejection. So he’s not going to have had a deportation order without an appeal.
    He’s no case, which is why he’ll lose this appeal. You don’t need to be psychic to understand that.

And no - no deportation orders are ‘thrown into a wastebasket’. If there’s any indication that they haven’t been adhered to, the enforced deportation process kicks in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

He’s no case, which is why he’ll lose this appeal. You don’t need to be psychic to understand that..
    I'll again quote the article on the (ongoing) court challenge
    The State is still unable to boot him out due to the ongoing court challenge
    His defence is claiming the (gay) man wants to bring up his (seperated from) kids in Ireland, there's a good chance he'll stay, regardless of what you (not the law) think.
    And no - no deportation orders are ‘thrown into a wastebasket’. If there’s any indication that they haven’t been adhered to, the enforced deportation process kicks in.
    Any indication???
    Lol! This lad offered a false name, false alias, false age, false country of origin, and best of all false sex orientation. How much of an indication would you require?

His order was certainly not enforced. It was issued in 2015, he 'ignored it' and went AWOL for 5yrs, and guess what he's now challenging the 2nd order.
    Maybe come back in 2025 for an update, eh?

His order was certainly not enforced. It was issued in 2015, he 'ignored it' and went AWOL for 5yrs, and guess what he's now challenging the 2nd order.
    Maybe come back in 2025 for an update, eh?
    Don't count on it hate speech laws to the rescue.

Can't win a debate just declare anything to the counter as a hate speech crime.

Would not be surprised if he gets a free house.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Thatsthejob

Most people use their house as a home, not a speculation prospect. And having local authority tenants beside vs private tenants would make no difference to your property value in any

People do have to sell there houses and move for many reasons not just speculators.

So do you seriously believe your last sentence or are you saying it just to sound nice and PC. I live in Limerick and I can tell you what you said is complete BS weather you realise it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

kravmaga wrote: »
    Link, can you prove that, most new builds in Fingal will have up to 30% social housing, they cant all be non nationals getting the 30% now

Some people see colour and see asylum seeker. When the reality is that person is probably earning more money than them in the IT or finance sectors and paid for the house just like they did.

Often spoofs are just that

Most people use their house as a home, not a speculation prospect. And having local authority tenants beside vs private tenants would make no difference to your property value in any

People do have to sell there houses and move for many reasons not just speculators.

So do you seriously believe your last sentence or are you saying it just to sound nice and PC. I live in Limerick and I can tell you what you said is complete BS weather you realise it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Oh look another thread to bash people in social housing, well i never....

Two things you wont see in Ireland are

1. A black homeless person and 2. A Chinese man on the dole!

BanditLuke wrote: »

I have no issue with social housing but don't believe they should be housed for free in estates where neighbours have spent small fortunes to buy the there houses

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

Social housing should be built around existing jails, that way the residents wont have far to travel to visit relatives or family.

Social housing should be NEVER built in areas with owner occupiers. And yes we need to stigmatise these freeloaders into contributing to society.

Or better still built internment camps in rural Ireland and house them there.

I have no issue with social housing but don't believe they should be housed for free in estates where neighbours have spent small fortunes to buy the there houses

Agreed. Affordable housing my ass. Some of them have been placed in houses worth more than mine, and I've been paying a mortgage/taxes for over twenty years.

They really should be building low quality places somewhere, and just plonking them in there. Provide education services to bring up their skills for employment (not minimum wages jobs), along with financial planning, and don't give them anything further until they've shown that they're trying to improve their lives.

These affordable housing schemes are a massive middle finger to everyone who struggled through the banking crash with paying their mortgage and government taxes. Sure, some people are deserving of help, and we should be helping them.... but they would be an extreme minority. Anyone refusing a place because it's not near their family "supports" should be given the price of a plane ticket (as a loan), and told to earn some money abroad, like the rest of us did.

Social housing should be built around existing jails, that way the residents wont have far to travel to visit relatives or family.

Social housing should be NEVER built in areas with owner occupiers. And yes we need to stigmatise these freeloaders into contributing to society.

Boards.ie hatred of the working class in full view here.

This site is becoming ever more irrelevant.

Quite deserving though. And the threads will keep being created and discussed until the problem is fixed. Shocking, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bill 2.0

You have to have a job to be working class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I think that should be the Entitled Class TBH. The rest of us just get on with it painfully.

Bill 2.0 wrote: »

I am living in a working class area I work my neighbours on either side of me work so you are just posting uninformed ****e.

There are a lot of unemployed in the area true but MOST work why should I show you any respect?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Bill 2.0 wrote: »

the greatest trick the 'gimme gimme gimme' welfare class ever pulled was to have themselves lumped in with the working class. We really need to seperate them.

Not one single person here, serious, trolling or otherwise would say a single bad thing about social housing if it was a bunch of cleaners and deli workers and waitresses going to be moving in next to you.

Every poster is well aware that all of the negative comments are only directed towards the 62% of social housing applicants who derive absolutely no income from work.

Seems to me that in Ireland, while there is a "working class", they're a minority now. The middle class has spread outwards on both sides. lower middle class and upper middle class.

And then we have the working class which has shrunk to include its traditional types, but unfortunately, for them, they're lumped in with the dickheads with entitlement issues who refuse to seek to better themselves. Working class people were honest about who they were.. this whole group of people entitled to everything.. are not working class. They're not any class. They're just leeches.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

banie01 wrote: »
    Ultra late term abortion ;)

It’s never too late

Non working class you mean

And what’s wrong with bashing them ! We pay for the privilege ! They still get there dole , clog up every doctors rosta with there flu like symptoms , still get there free houses or rent money !
    Bashing bring it on , it’s only starting just wait till people get sick of holding this country to ransom for building free houses for people that won’t even mind or appreciate them after !
    The election said it all if government have any sense they’ll forget looking and supporting them for a vote that will never come !

Non working class you mean

Serious genuine question are you stupid?

I just said I worked and the people either side of me worked.

You try turning that attitude towards any other group and see how you get on.

Posts here saying we should be housed nexts to prisons I have no relatives with any criminal records stupid and uniformed jibes.

I should be interned away from the capital all go under the radar here and yet I have a moderator chomping on the bit to ban me.

Jesus Christ some of you people are just toffy nose snobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

Easiest way to fix the problem is wind back the clock 200 years and create workhouses.

Workhouses are a great way to encourage those to better themselves.

• Advertisement

Would u please put ur name forward for election next time ! We’ll even make u president !

Advertisement