Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can One light, two switches be done with a SPST switch?

Options
  • 16-02-2020 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

I know how to wire this setup with a pair of SPDT switches, but is it possible to do it with a SPST switch at one end?
    The wiring route for one switch is not very accessible so I'm trying to avoid having to cut holes in the wall etc. to lay the extra cable.

Comments

26-11-2019, 19:00 #26
    Bruthal

There is another wiring method I used a few times. Makes wiring from an existing single way (which is changed to a 2 way) to a new 2 way easier. No need to wire the light from the second switch as the standard diagram would show. So just 3 wires and earth needed to loop from switch 1 to switch 2, and that`s it

Feed into L1, and onto second switch L1
    Switch wire into L2, and loop to second switch L2
    Common from first switch just links to common of second.

Seen this method posted by user Bruthal before.Might help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Just going to post this. We were taught this in the 80s as the way to add 2 way switching to a single gang switch with one cable back to the switch.

Advertisement