Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Porto's Marega walks off after getting racial abuse

• 17-02-2020 12:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Some of the most uncomfortable scenes I've seen in football for a good while. Porto striker Moussa Marega scores what turns out to be the winner away at Vitoria de Guimaraes having been subjected to racist abuse from the home fans. He ultimately decides he's heard enough of it and goes to leave the field but his teammates spend ages trying to get him to change his mind. I reckon they should have went with him. You can see the chap is very upset.

https://twitter.com/vsports_pt/status/1229127492889382912

Nobody should have to put up with this in their workplace. He ended up getting booked as well.

https://twitter.com/FutbolBible/status/1229160658702340096

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Yeah seen that earlier,teammates should be ashamed of themselves for not supporting him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What horrible horrible team mates.

They should be ashamed of themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Until the people incharge start to care this will go on. Stop these bull**** fines. Take points off teams, relegate them. Think about the logic, spend too much money 2 year ban from competition, racism a few quid fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

What was the booking for? Unsportsmanlike conduct?

Ridiculous

• Advertisement

• I cannot understand the players around him and their thought process. Surrounding him and pushing him around. Let him walk off ffs

Also, has there been an actual surge of racist chants at games in general now or is this at the same level as it always was only that players have had enough of putting up with this ****?

Hard to gauge across all of Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'd imagine it's always been this bad but the media are interested in it now plus players have an outlet to vent with social media. I'm sure John Barnes could have conjured up many funny tweets in his hey day given the opportunity. In saying that it seems more prevalant than before like the Spurs fan making monkey gestures at Fred.

The ref booking that lad was a mistake he'll rightly pay for that I expect. BBC sacked a presenter yesterday who said something like the young black lads at Derby want to get cop on to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

Like all these things, it will need to be a big name player at a big club to walk off/refuse to play on for proper action to be taken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's always been this bad but the media are interested in it now plus players have an outlet to vent with social media. I'm sure John Barnes could have conjured up many funny tweets in his hey day given the opportunity. In saying that it seems more prevalant than before like the Spurs fan making monkey gestures at Fred.

The ref booking that lad was a mistake he'll rightly pay for that I expect. BBC sacked a presenter yesterday who said something like the young black lads at Derby want to get cop on to themselves.

That was Craig Ramage, former player. Unbelievable what he came out with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

gimli2112 wrote: »

A freelance pundit as opposed to presenter, just for clarity.

• Advertisement

• Some updates on this on SSN now

Meralgas message on Instagram is brilliant

Kick it out backing the striker

Advertisement