Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT UK Takeover: Dublin - Show finally cancelled

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Balor taking to the Mirror about Edge challenging.

“I would like to address that situation right now, Edge was saying he wanted to face Finn Balor at Takeover so if we could do it at Takeover Dublin all the better," Balor told Irish Mirror. "An absolute legend in the the ring, but what an absolute gent and a true pro outside the ring. I've always said it to both him and Christian that when they retired, I met them at a couple of media appearances and I said: 'lads, you two are like how I'd look to transition out of wrestling - to carry yourself with such professionalism - and to see him (Edge) back is fantastic. Getting the chance to wrestle with him would be even better."

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Balor taking to the Mirror about Edge challenging.

“I would like to address that situation right now, Edge was saying he wanted to face Finn Balor at Takeover so if we could do it at Takeover Dublin all the better," Balor told Irish Mirror. "An absolute legend in the the ring, but what an absolute gent and a true pro outside the ring. I've always said it to both him and Christian that when they retired, I met them at a couple of media appearances and I said: 'lads, you two are like how I'd look to transition out of wrestling - to carry yourself with such professionalism - and to see him (Edge) back is fantastic. Getting the chance to wrestle with him would be even better."

That would be a great match and if it happened in Dublin it would sell a lot more tickets. Although id say this show may not even happen

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

That would be a great match and if it happened in Dublin it would sell a lot more tickets. Although id say this show may not even happen

Vince isnt risking Edge on a C show network special.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,449 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Edge would help sell tickets no doubt but hes injured and we also have the uncertainty of the show/brand Government regulations also, A half empty PPV would make WWE very unhappy

Look id love if it happened this year, it would be a huge boost after the last ****ty few months. If its not to be than hopefully a return in 2021

Zero chance it happens in 2020. I'm at a stage I'd be shocked if schools even open pre-November.

But in mid-2021, when (hopefully) the vacinne is being distributed after a successful Oxford development? Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

A year is a long time and chances are the brand wont survive until then.

Rocked by a virus which resulted in no shows, hit by a scandel that will surely hurt the brand long term. If Im a betting man, Idd say the curtain will eventually drop on NXT UK.

Wrestling viewship is in the toliet, WWE is in decline Brit Wrestling is suffering big thanks to said pandemic and scandel..... I just cant see it being around when normality returns.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Edge would help sell tickets no doubt but hes injured and we also have the uncertainty of the show/brand Government regulations also, A half empty PPV would make WWE very unhappy

Look id love if it happened this year, it would be a huge boost after the last ****ty few months. If its not to be than hopefully a return in 2021

Edge would help tickets sales but Vince could give two ****s about NXT, ket alone its UK arm. Hes not handing over his arguably most over face in the company to NXT UK, especially when said performer is IMO more prone than others to injury considering his age and injury history.

Not a hope.

Really wish WWE would make there mind up about this and Cancel it if needs be

Hard to see it happening with the situation here and nobody knows what it will be like come October

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It's not happening, even if they didn't have a pandemic, they don't have a roster anymore....

WWE are going to habitually push the date back, to ensure they don't have to refund anyone yet.

When the world around us improves, they may reevalute it. Sure they still have Walter, Balor, Toni Storm, Ilja Dragunov and Devlin (who appears to be kept on by WWE), Im sure they could rustle up a show. Its just not happening anytime in the next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,709 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Edge vs. Finn in Dublin would be awesome especially if Christian was on commentary at ringside

Jimmy Havoc to join NXT UK ?

Jimmy Havoc to join NXT UK ?

Why on earth would they sign him?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Why on earth would they sign him?

he's English and could fit into that landscape

More than likely they have rebuild the roster

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

But aew sacked him for being a piss head who was emotionally abusive to his ex partner and weaponising mental health. He also looks like a bag of ****e and isn't very good......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Ya but Havoc want released because the contract expired or anything?

Havoc was released because he's been abusive towards partners and an addict

He shouldn't be welcome in any major promotion

hynesie08 wrote: »
    But aew sacked him for being a piss head who was emotionally abusive to his ex partner and weaponising mental health. He also looks like a bag of ****e and isn't very good......

didn't know that

**** him then douchebag

Even if hes was the nicest guy in the world, hes just not a wrestler I enjoyed seeing.

https://www.explica.co/nxt-uk-returns-on-september-17/

The brand itself is returning on the 17th September

Could we see an empty 3Arena show for takeover ?, it been rescheduled once again for sometime in 2021 would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say there'll be a Takeover but in the same venue as the weekly shows as they do with NXT. No point doing it in the empty 3Arena. Be a waste of time and money flying wrestlers and equipment to Dublin and setting it up. Not forgetting they would need to quarantine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Ya but Havoc want released because the contract expired or anything?

Havoc was released because he's been abusive towards partners and an addict

He shouldn't be welcome in any major promotion

Yeah. You can take one look at Jimmy Havoc and know he likes to party to put it nicely.
    I know what do I know but always got the impression from him that he's the sort you'd see in Fibbers on a Saturday night off his head. Not from beer or shots either!

I like Havoc tho. Dunno why. But don't mind watching him. With that said he doesnt work out and does a lot of death match style of wrestling. Two traits that WWE do not look for.

Add in the scandal he sadly has no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Havoc had a tryout match years ago with WWE, obvs got it via Progress, didn't go anyway do.

Intresting that NXT UK TV is coming back, it would seem to suggest they could build to a PPV, but Ireland seems no where close to an event like that going ahead. I wish they just cancel it so I can get the refund.

jface187 wrote: »
    Havoc had a tryout match years ago with WWE, obvs got it via Progress, didn't go anyway do.

Intresting that NXT UK TV is coming back, it would seem to suggest they could build to a PPV, but Ireland seems no where close to an event like that going ahead. I wish they just cancel it so I can get the refund.

They wint be touring for a while.

And they wont cancel..... they will habitually kick the can down the road to avoid it.

jface187 wrote: »
    I wish they just cancel it so I can get the refund.

You're entitled to a refund regardless. You're ticket was for a show that never happened, so they are obligated to give you a refund if you want one.

Now, they won't make it easy to get in touch with them, but you are legally protected here. At worst, you can go to your bank to get a charge back onto whatever card you used.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You're entitled to a refund regardless. You're ticket was for a show that never happened, so they are obligated to give you a refund if you want one.

Now, they won't make it easy to get in touch with them, but you are legally protected here. At worst, you can go to your bank to get a charge back onto whatever card you used.

I tried about 2 weeks after it was ‘cancelled’ cause i thought they wouldnt be as bombarded then, and i opened a ticket and after 3 days where i didnt hear from them it was automatically resolved by the system. Tried again a week later, same thing after 3 days

Id love to hear how anyone managed to get their refund from ticketbaâstard

I had similar with tickets to Trevor Noah.

First ticket was closed automatically. Sent a second in crying bloody murder. Told them I would do a charge back in two weeks if I didn't get a refund.

Never got a response. But the money went into my back account within the two week window.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Just gave it another go there

Don't have the charge back option though since it's nearly 6 months and the max is 120 with BOI

Here's hoping to be sorted soon

wwe just cancel/reschedule this

No way in hell will the country be ready to allow large indoor gatherings by October and esp the October Bank holiday weekend

Any status on this going ahead here

• Advertisement

Any status on this going ahead here

Like, obviously its not.

We can't have more than a half dozen people in a house currently. And numbers are getting massively worse in Dublin day on day.

Unless a miracle cure happens, there's zero chance this doesn't get delayed again. :(

Advertisement