Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT UK Takeover: Dublin - Show finally cancelled

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Have we seen this sort of setup on tv before? Just wondering how it will look with the ring at the top of the arena rather than the middle like usual

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have we seen this sort of setup on tv before? Just wondering how it will look with the ring at the top of the arena rather than the middle like usual

Its going to be interesting but feel the seating chart maybe wrong and the hard cam maybe be at the back of seating area B or D. Gorilla could be there or in a room backstage. You will be surprised how well the arena will look with the way wwe will configure there cameras. If they can make the royal Albert hall and Emrpess ballroom work than a modernish Arena like the 3arena will work

The hydro is Glasgow is of a similar shape to the 3arena and it looked amazing for the TV tapings a few years back.

selling well it seems, low availabilty on the TM page atm

sadly i think
    Walter vs Finn
    will be at tampa takeover instead of here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

PTH2009 wrote: »
    selling well it seems, low availabilty on the TM page atm

sadly i think
    Walter vs Finn
    will be at tampa takeover instead of here

Wouldnt shock me if it was both, some kind of interference at Tampa

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Wouldnt shock me if it was both, some kind of interference at Tampa

A new balor club vs all of Imperium in Dublin

Is this weeks episode that aired the last of the Jan's York tapings and next weeks is the first of this weekends Coventry tapings ?

• Advertisement

A new balor club vs all of Imperium in Dublin

Is this weeks episode that aired the last of the Jan's York tapings and next weeks is the first of this weekends Coventry tapings ?

Yup. We’ll start getting build next week

Yup. We’ll start getting build next week

Deadly its actually a decent brand

Is it better for us just getting the takeover event or are we missing out somehow not getting TV tapings after it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Deadly its actually a decent brand

incredible what announcing a Dublin show does to opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

It's kinda like NXT proper on downers. It's good, there's usually some good wrestling, everything is pretty functional and makes sense, it's just all pretty slow, a bit lifeless and dull. I'm going to the Takeover, I'm looking forward to it, but you'll have a tough job convincing people to watch what is essentially a soulless ripoff of a once thriving UK scene.

Looks like they’ll put a ban on events of 5000 or more.
    This should be fine

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This should be fine

I'd say this would fall foul of numbers.

I would personally hope/believe the ban won't last till the end of April though.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd say this would fall foul of numbers.

I would personally hope/believe the ban won't last till the end of April though.

With just the lower tier open would it be 5000?

You’d hope we’d be fine by April tho yes!

It's all a big pain in the whole this virus stuff

https://3arena.ie/new-page/important-customer-information

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Kinda looks like this for taped MMA

0_inpho_00978960.jpg

That's how it was for the TNA show and WWA back in the day too. I think that's how it was setup for at least one of the WWE shows I went to years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭SteM

This should be fine

Has this been confirmed or are you speculating?

SteM wrote: »
    Has this been confirmed or are you speculating?

Was in the indo and times today. Seemed to be planned but not fully announced .

Face off between
    Tyler Bate and Finn
    last night at the first night Coventry taping.

That could be our match; which would be a stormer!

They came together backstage at Worlds Collide earlier this year, so makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Face off between
    Tyler Bate and Finn
    last night at the first night Coventry taping.

I would hope to jaysus Finn goes over, they're finally doing him justice so way too early for him to be jobbing to the upstart jigolo of the company.

Ilja Dragunov won a NxT uk championship no1 contender match. So looks like he’ll take on winner of Walter/Finn depending on Tampa (which could well happen there)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Ilja Dragunov won a NxT uk championship no1 contender match. So looks like he’ll take on winner of Walter/Finn depending on Tampa (which could well happen there)

I had originally thought before all the Walter/Balor stuff that we'd get Devlin vs Walter & Finn Balor vs Tyler Bate as our main events.

They must not see Devlin in that role and may give Balor the big home coming and Devlin beat someone in a strong showing for cruiser weight title.

showpony1 wrote: »
    I had originally thought before all the Walter/Balor stuff that we'd get Devlin vs Walter & Finn Balor vs Tyler Bate as our main events.

They must not see Devlin in that role and may give Balor the big home coming and Devlin beat someone in a strong showing for cruiser weight title.

So did I, but Ilja deserves this shot. Wouldnt shock me in Walter lost to Finn at Tampa, then we get Ilja Balor, Walter/Tyler against Devlin

All the matches for Dublin will prob be announced on social media if they already taped TV episodes

Just under 6 weeks til this and the biggest battle of all the world vs Coronavirus could stand in the way

I'm just imagining Ticketmaster keeping the charges if there's a refund, can't imagine we get the full amount back

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

This is now looking very unlikely to go ahead. We will know on Friday.

This is now looking very unlikely to go ahead. We will know on Friday.

Nothing postponed that far out anywhere yet

Start of April seems to be what most countries have planned until so far.

May well not go ahead. But too early to say yet

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nothing postponed that far out anywhere yet

Start of April seems to be what most countries have planned until so far.

May well not go ahead. But too early to say yet

E3 was meant to be in June, and thats cancelled.

I'd be very surprised if this goes ahead, but I think they'll post-pone stuff in blocks. So, we'll know soon that everything is cancelled up to, say, April 5th, but won't hear about this till 3 weeks out.

I havent been really interested in any of the house show stuff that's come around in recent years even the good ones like NXT with Nakamura and Joe I believe a couple years back

I jumped on this when announced, the first time WWE will be live from Ireland albeit the D show really it's still a spectacle and it'll be disappointing when it's cancelled

• Advertisement

Whole situation is frustrating

You want to plan ahead and be excited for things but feel you're going to be very disappointed. Even going to the pub to drown the sorrows might not be an option ha

Have a concert this day week in the 3arena but still none the wiser wtf will happen

Advertisement