Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT UK Takeover: Dublin - Show finally cancelled

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Have a concert this day week in the 3arena but still none the wiser wtf will happen

well you know now - that's postponed!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

well you know now - that's postponed!

Yeah

Wait and see for this I suppose

Hopefully the current actions help and we will be back to normality in about a month

Hopefully it will get rescheduled for after the summer

Could see this happening in the UK performance centre

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Too early to worry yet lads, let’s see how this current plan works.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Fair to say it won't be on in April. There is no vaccine, therefore it won't be over in a month.

Might get the show in October when all the marathons are getting reset for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

DM_7 wrote: »
    Fair to say it won't be on in April. There is no vaccine, therefore it won't be over in a month.

Might get the show in October when all the marathons are getting reset for.

Actually with the Spanish Flu (I believe) and the arrival of a warmer climate, it naturally dissipated once April arrived. Now it later returned when the colder weather returned in autumn as they still didn’t have a vaccine in place, but there’s precedent for things stabilising naturally in a pandemic.

Truth is none of us have a clue how this will play out and trying to speculate is an exercise in futility. Experts themselves are giving educated assessments on how to best contain things and slow down the spread, that’s where we’re at.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

leggo wrote: »
    Actually with the Spanish Flu (I believe) and the arrival of a warmer climate, it naturally dissipated once April arrived. Now it later returned when the colder weather returned in autumn as they still didn’t have a vaccine in place, but there’s precedent for things stabilising naturally in a pandemic.

Truth is none of us have a clue how this will play out and trying to speculate is an exercise in futility. Experts themselves are giving educated assessments on how to best contain things and slow down the spread, that’s where we’re at.

Did they have many indoor events like this during that Flu?

I just see no way an indoor event like this can take place as soon as april.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

If it's rescheduled for a later date with same tickets i won't mind - i got great seats so don't want to go through the process again.

Sadly this is inevitability going to be cancelled/postponed

very much love if i was postponed for later in the year

Stay save everyone and keep the heads up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Takover Florida is cancelled - hopefully a chance to get some bigger matches including Balor/Walter on this card.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

showpony1 wrote: »
    Takover Florida is cancelled - hopefully a chance to get some bigger matches including Balor/Walter on this card.

Except there isn’t a chance takeover Dublin is still gonna go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

Postponing this is absolute best case.
    I had good tickets which I'd love to hold on to but this is not going to go ahead in April.

Ringside tickets seem to be available now

This hopefully might get rescheduled in place of what could be Takeover Cardiff II (which was held August 31st last year)

Ott postponing there April events

Hard to see this not being cancelled/postponed

Shame really but this situation around the world at the moment was so unprecedented

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

Its going to be months until things are back to normal, there's not a hope it'll go ahead. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if almost everything, gigs, sporting events etc are cancelled until Sept at the earliest.

xtal191 wrote: »
    Its going to be months until things are back to normal, there's not a hope it'll go ahead. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if almost everything, gigs, sporting events etc are cancelled until Sept at the earliest.

Really hope that Sep timeline will not be right and see some sort of sport for the summer months

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Really hope that Sep timeline will not be right and see some sort of sport for the summer months

Look at Italy and Spain...... its gonns get a whole lot worse here before it gets better. The experts are all guessing timelines, no one knows. **** gigs, entertainment, sport...... just pray your loved ones and those close to you sre here come Sept.

It’s alright for people to hope and look forward to things to be fair, even if they are unimportant in the grand scheme. Better to focus on random stuff like NXT Dublin and have a bit of hope than to be up the walls permanently about something we all have minimal control over where people we know might die. When AEW was good last week, or when Tom Brady left the Patriots, I was delighted to have something a bit ‘normal’ to focus on for a while.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

leggo wrote: »
    It’s alright for people to hope and look forward to things to be fair, even if they are unimportant in the grand scheme. Better to focus on random stuff like NXT Dublin and have a bit of hope than to be up the walls permanently about something we all have minimal control over where people we know might die. When AEW was good last week, or when Tom Brady left the Patriots, I was delighted to have something a bit ‘normal’ to focus on for a while.

Yeap, fully agree.

One of the most damaging aspects of all this, at least for me, is it’s stripped pretty much everything away that I was looking forward too.

And don’t get me wrong, it’s the priority. I don’t resent why it’s happened. But it doesn’t mean I’m not upset either. Human beings need short and long term goals, things they can look forward to and escape, even if only temporarily, in to.

Not having a single discernible thing in life to look forward to is rough. Even worse when you’re sitting at home, waiting for the inevitable sickness to hit :/

A little bit of escapism is absolutely needed every now and again,

• Advertisement

The guy on the cultoholic podcast saying 'he hopes takeover Dublin happens and kick starts everything again'

Bit of optimism is nice and if it does go ahead it will be an electric atmosphere

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The guy on the cultoholic podcast saying 'he hopes takeover Dublin happens and kick starts everything again'

Bit of optimism is nice and if it does go ahead it will be an electric atmosphere

Judging by today’s number and yesterday’s actions it definitely won’t be going ahead.

If people stayed home from the get go this could have been curtailed in weeks now it’ll be months.

Loughc wrote: »
    Judging by today’s number and yesterday’s actions it definitely won’t be going ahead.

If people stayed home from the get go this could have been curtailed in weeks now it’ll be months.

While I agree it won’t go ahead, today’s numbers aren’t bad at all.
    There’s always going to be increase

bennyl10 wrote: »
    While I agree it won’t go ahead, today’s numbers aren’t bad at all.
    There’s always going to be increase

Sorry how is over 200 new cases and 2 new deaths not bad at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think he means it could be worse. Our country's effort to flatten the curve has slowed down the outbreak. While uts rising I expected it to rise quicker.

That said I believe a huge spike is on rhe horizon.

Yeah none of this is anything to celebrate, but our rate of increase in a similar timescale is in a different league to the likes of the UK and Italy, and the low mortality rate so far is a credit to the heroic actions of those working in healthcare. Though some of the scenes from yesterday were infuriating and will no doubt have dire consequences in the not too distant future sadly.

I know it’s hard not to but it really is crazy to speculate with any degree of certainty what the situation will be in late April. The Paddy’s Day address was a week ago and feels like around a month at this stage, this is a day-to-day situation. You can point to other countries and their timelines, but that’s to forget that we can gain from progress they’ve made and research they’ve accrued. Nobody knows anything about what will happen yet and that’s the scariest part really.

Whether the show happens in April or another time, this would be awesome

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Fqlu4J-K6/?igshid=pablblrmeovm

Saw that, I really hope they don’t do that match tbh. They did that exact match with a storyline here already, give us something new.

As said below, it isn’t the 30% increase.
    It isn’t near as bad as predicted.

If you think 200 new cases is bad you’re in for a huge shock in the coming days.

Finn Walter is what I really want at this when/if this goes ahead..
    Can’t see it tho..

If this is WWEs first live show since the lockdown and stuff happened Finn Seamus really wouldn’t surprise me.. it’s a very wwe move

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

We're now four weeks away from this.

I just can't see it happening at all.

In the best scenarios, Italy is two weeks ahead of everyone. So they are a good indicator of where the world will be in two weeks time. You've got Boris doing lock downs for three weeks, America talking about multi-month payments to people to stay at home.

Unless there's a miracle cure, the reality is the best we can hope for in 4 weeks time is a slight relaxing on closed businesses, but still maintaining a high level of social distancing. Large gatherings of 1000+ people will be the last thing to come back, so you're probably looking at least mid if not late summer.

Advertisement