Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut card abroad but using on Google pay in Ireland same time?

• 17-02-2020 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭

My young fella is skiing in Poland and I hid my Revolut card in his case just in case..... He's 18 just didnt get time to order one for him.

I have it on Google pay on my phone which I'm currently using while he's away.

His wallet has been pinched with his AIB card in it so I'm glad he can get funds, BUT if he uses my Revolut in Poland and I use it from the phone in Ireland and I likely to get blocked?

I know its a wierd one and worse case I'll transfer a chunk to it and draw the cash before he uses it.

Anyone any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

My young fella is skiing in Poland and I hid my Revolut card in his case just in case..... He's 18 just didnt get time to order one for him.

His wallet has been pinched with his AIB card in it so I'm glad he can get funds, BUT if he uses my Revolut in Poland and I use it from the phone in Ireland and I likely to get blocked?

I know its a wierd one and worse case I'll transfer a chunk to it and draw the cash before he uses it.

Anyone any thoughts?

turn off the location based security in the app and you should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭testtech05

If you turn off the location based security in the security options for the card, it might allow to be used in both locations.

Johnny: Beat me to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Anyone any thoughts?

My guess would be that you'd get a notification through the app and email before they block the card and you can confirm it's you. But I don't know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭GG21057

In Jan, my wife used the physical card in NZ and I used to tap-to-pay on Google pay on my Samsung. Worked with no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭pah

Same here, gave my 16yr old the card going to Italy skiing with the school while I used it through NFC Google pay etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭beer enigma

pah wrote: »
    Same here, gave my 16yr old the card going to Italy skiing with the school while I used it through NFC Google pay etc

He's skiing as well.... I think Revolut is the least if my issues 😂

Advertisement