Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Bank of Ireland statements

Options
  • 17-02-2020 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I switched banks 3.5 years ago when I bought a new house.
    I need to get a bank statements going back the two years prior to this.

Is it possible to request these electronically or in person, in a branch?
    Is there any charge? What information do I need to provide apart from the account number?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi ColinS65,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

You can certainly request these statements from ourselves. This can be done by calling our Customer Service Team on 0818 365 365. The team are available 8am - 12am Monday to Friday and 9am-6pm Saturday to Sunday. Alternatively, you can request these statements by popping in to your local branch with photo ID.

The statements will then be issued out to you by post.

I have attached a link here to our branch locator, this may help in finding a branch most convenient to you.

Thanks, Aisling.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭second74

Hi,

How would I get an old bank statement from 2009?  I am no longer with Bank of Ireland.

Regards,

Noreen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

second74 wrote: »
    Hi,

How would I get an old bank statement from 2009?  I am no longer with Bank of Ireland.

Regards,

Noreen
    Thanks for the post Noreen.

I'm afraid we only hold statements on accounts for the last 7 years. Sorry, understand this may be disappointing for you. 

Many thanks, 
    Alison 

• Registered Users Posts: 8 diago3211

Hi BOI Team,

Can I ask if you only hold statements for 7 years is this the same as account information?

I had a BOI account in 2011 which was closed due to inactivity and wonder if I go to a branch would they have any info on my old account at all? I understand from reading your Data protection form that accounts information is usually deleted after 7 years of no activity (or 12 years if you had a deed in place)

So just wondering in my case there would be 0 history on my account due to no activity in that time? Therefore I would be a brand new user as if I never held an account before?

Thank you for any advice 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

diago3211 wrote: »
    Hi BOI Team,

Can I ask if you only hold statements for 7 years is this the same as account information?

I had a BOI account in 2011 which was closed due to inactivity and wonder if I go to a branch would they have any info on my old account at all? I understand from reading your Data protection form that accounts information is usually deleted after 7 years of no activity (or 12 years if you had a deed in place)

So just wondering in my case there would be 0 history on my account due to no activity in that time? Therefore I would be a brand new user as if I never held an account before?

Thank you for any advice 
    Hi diago3211

It really depends on the type of account, product etc you would have with us as to how far we can go back or keep information. 

For statements on a current account, it's 7 years. It's very likely the same for account information on a current account if it was simply closed to inactivity.  In certain circumstances it can be for longer periods, subject to some conditions outlined here on page 10 and 11. 

Hoping this information helps, 

Many thanks,
    Alison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 diago3211

Thanks very much, this makes sense.

Appreciate the quick reply

Advertisement