Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration authorities raid places of employment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

One documentary in which they were able to smuggle 8 people from different points all over Europe into the UK, including 1 via Ireland.

Yeah I know, what part of my post confused you?
    Boggles wrote: »
    So you know of one based on an English documentary.

Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

As for "general immigration policy and procedures are tightened".

What do you mean by this, what is loose?

What is loose?
    Where do we start?
    The whole thing is loose!

Applicants for study visas have to prove they have living expenses. How much to survive for 1 year?
    €7,000
    Who can survive on €7k pa.
    Is that not loose?

An Irish citizen looking to bring their family (spouse + unlimited number of kids!) must declare that they will support them and that the family will not be a burden on public finances or resources. They must prove they have sufficient earnings.
    How much?

€40,000 over 3 years - yes according to our “loose” immigration policies and procedures €13,333 is enough to support 2 adults + unlimited kids without assistance from the state.
    Is that loose?

We also don’t do nearly enough compliance check/raids like the ones that have just been reported.

I could go on.........

We are weak and loose and the whole world, except Ireland, knows it.

Pronto63 wrote: »
    What is loose?
    Where do we start?
    The whole thing is loose!

Applicants for study visas have to prove they have living expenses. How much to survive for 1 year?
    €7,000
    Who can survive on €7k pa.
    Is that not loose?

Students can also work. The 7k isn't actually that out of date, but yeah probably would need to bumped up to 10k.
    An Irish citizen looking to bring their family (spouse + unlimited number of kids!) must declare that they will support them and that the family will not be a burden on public finances or resources. They must prove they have sufficient earnings.
    How much?

€40,000 over 3 years - yes according to our “loose” immigration policies and procedures €13,333 is enough to support 2 adults + unlimited kids without assistance from the state.
    Is that loose?

Why would an Irish Citizen have to declare anything? :confused:

A link would be helpful.

I'm not seeing major holes here TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Let's not forget that many non-EU folks (without work permits) often take up 'self-employment' (of sorts),
    News just recently from Louth:
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0221/1116698-moldovan-gang-co-louth-search/

Those Moldovans must have been paying some big taxes (not) on their 'business' (of sorts) income, to still be able to afford to pimp out that house with bling. It even has a tennis court, wads of cash, and (had) an AMG Merc on the driveway.
    Suppose some would call this an 'entrepreneurial mindset', when trying to paint (whitewash) a fake picture of the undocumented and their activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

Here's a fella that got caught providing 6 fake passports to afghans.
    The judge gave him 240 hrs community service!
    He'd probably get more for having 6 plants growing weed. What a deterrent!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-whose-misplaced-loyalty-led-to-his-part-in-human-trafficking-operation-avoids-jail-981100.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Let's not forget that many non-EU folks (without work permits) often take up 'self-employment' (of sorts),
    News just recently from Louth:
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0221/1116698-moldovan-gang-co-louth-search/

Those Moldovans must have been paying some big taxes (not) on their 'business' (of sorts) income, to still be able to afford to pimp out that house with bling. It even has a tennis court, wads of cash, and (had) an AMG Merc on the driveway.
    Suppose some would call this an 'entrepreneurial mindset', when trying to paint (whitewash) a fake picture of the undocumented and their activities.
    I can pretty much tell you that you ain't seen nuttin' yet.
    The rush to diversify Ireland allowed groups into the country that will make 'our' Traveller gangs look like boy scouts in the coming years.
    Wonder why the Albanian, Georgian, Moldovan, Nigerian, and Roma gangs want to come to Ireland in their droves?
    For starters, they will get free homes and welfare almost immediately since many bring kids along for the ride. Then they are free to commit as much crime as they want because there is very little deterrent in this country and hardly no consequences for their criminality.

Things are going to get very nasty here soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

enricoh wrote: »
    Here's a fella that got caught providing 6 fake passports to afghans.
    The judge gave him 240 hrs community service!
    He'd probably get more for having 6 plants growing weed. What a deterrent!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-whose-misplaced-loyalty-led-to-his-part-in-human-trafficking-operation-avoids-jail-981100.html

"Judge Martin Nolan"

I knew it before I even opened the damn article.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Yesterday I read in the IT that the Brazilian father, in a family of five, who had lived in Ireland for over a decade, was due to be deported tomorrow while the mother and eldest daughter (12) were subject to deportation orders which they had received too. It does not mention anything about the other two children who were born in Ireland like the eldest. So Anne Rabbitte, Fianna Fáil TD for Galway East had called and got in touch with Charlie Tanagan to intervene in the situation and demanded that the deportation orders be revoked. Well low and behold; The deportation orders have been revoked.

What is the actual f*ck. Did the large majority of the country not vote in a '04 referendum, in favor to remove the automatic right to citizenship of children born in the country to non-Irish parents. What is the point of this when they are bellends like Flanagan will just revoke them. They've been living and working in Ireland illegally. What was the reason for them to not apply to extend their working visas? It seems to be acceptable to break the law as long as you can go without being detected and have a family in the meantime with the hopes of using it as leverage.

Link

Yesterday I read in the IT that the Brazilian father, in a family of five, who had lived in Ireland for over a decade, was due to be deported tomorrow while the mother and eldest daughter (12) were subject to deportation orders which they had received too. It does not mention anything about the other two children who were born in Ireland like the eldest. So Anne Rabbitte, Fianna Fáil TD for Galway East had called and got in touch with Charlie Tanagan to intervene in the situation and demanded that the deportation orders be revoked. Well low and behold; The deportation orders have been revoked.

What is the actual f*ck. Did the large majority of the country not vote in a '04 referendum, in favor to remove the automatic right to citizenship of children born in the country to non-Irish parents. What is the point of this when they are bellends like Flanagan will just revoke them. They've been living and working in Ireland illegally. What was the reason for them to not apply to extend their working visas? It seems to be acceptable to break the law as long as you can go without being detected and have a family in the meantime with the hopes of using it as leverage.

Link

What damn reason could they possibly have to allow them to stay, this is a complete sham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Link

Saw it on the 9 o clock news earlier. Of course, it was presented as something to celebrate.

Something rotten at the heart of this country, I'm telling you.

• Advertisement

beejee wrote: »
    Saw it on the 9 o clock news earlier. Of course, it was presented as something to celebrate.

Something rotten at the heart of this country, I'm telling you.

Hard working family with young children get temporary stay of deportation to a country the kids have never set foot in.

Yip rotten to the core. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Removalist

What damn reason could they possibly have to allow them to stay, this is a complete sham.

Gaa jerseys and a few words from Frances Black on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,291 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Hard working family with young children get temporary stay of deportation to a country the kids have never set foot in.

Maybe the parents should have considered that before starting a family it was likely they would be deported at some stage if they were not here legally.
    Is there any point in having immigration laws if they're never enforced or enforced selectively depending on how much publicity you can generate?

Maybe the parents should have considered that before starting a family it was likely they would be deported at some stage if they were not here legally.
    Is there any point in having immigration laws if they're never enforced or enforced selectively depending on how much publicity you can generate?

Sure isn't hindsight 20/20. Stuff happens, life is nuanced. All systems should be some way dynamic and compassionate.

They are exactly the type of family that would qualify under Boris Johnsons Amnesty proposal.

They have had a 12 year interview IMO and passed with flying colors, hard working good people, exactly the type we should be giving an amnesty to.

Sure isn't hindsight 20/20. Stuff happens, life is nuanced. All systems should be some way dynamic and compassionate.

They are exactly the type of family that would qualify under Boris Johnsons Amnesty proposal.

They have had a 12 year interview IMO and passed with flying colors, hard working good people, exactly the type we should be giving an amnesty to.

Why is it that when white irish people work hard and avoid tax people go mad, a foreign national does it and its ‘look at how hard working they are’

Why is it that when white irish people work hard and avoid tax people go mad, a foreign national does it and its ‘look at how hard working they are’

They do pay tax.

Many undocumented do, they have PPS numbers.

You will have to shoe in your outrage from a different angle dear boy.

:)

They do pay tax.

Many undocumented do, they have PPS numbers.

You will have to shoe in your outrage from a different angle dear boy.

Read that again...but slower...

Read that again...but slower...
    Many have been with the same employer for several years and, interestingly, many pay income tax and PRSI through their employment.

What can I help you with Eric? We have all ready nailed this down.

The undocumented part refers to a visa or some sort of paper work that legally allows them stay in the state.

In doesn't refer to a PPS number which they would have attained quite legally when they entered the state and hung onto.

So like I said boy, you need to express your outrage, I get it, but the tax evading thing hit a fúcking brick wall pretty sharpish.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Killed

Employers get fined up to 5k for employing these people who work without permission even if they have a PPS number. That's why so many of them work in the black economy.

What can I help you with Eric? We have all ready nailed this down.

The undocumented part refers to a visa or some sort of paper work that legally allows them stay in the state.

In doesn't refer to a PPS number which they would have attained quite legally when they entered the state and hung onto.

So like I said boy, you need to express your outrage, I get it, but the tax evading thing hit a fúcking brick wall pretty sharpish.

Cant be undocumented with a pps number , just a plain old illegal immigrant

• Advertisement

Killed wrote: »
    Employers get fined up to 5k for employing these people who work without permission even if they have a PPS number. That's why so many of them work in the black economy.

The fines should he higher

Cant be undocumented with a pps number , just a plain old illegal immigrant

Of course you can dear boy, like I just explained.

I would know more than a few undocumented in New York and Boston, who pay taxes, pay into pensions, etc.

The world is not black and white, you just choose to view it that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

So would you be in favour of a ban on any Irish family with children emigrating?? Surely that is moving kids to a country they have never set foot in?? Or is this "different".

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

Do we know his work history?

No mention on the news last night.

Do we know his work history?

No mention on the news last night.

Painter and decorator I'm sure I saw.

So would you be in favour of a ban on any Irish family with children emigrating?? Surely that is moving kids to a country they have never set foot in?? Or is this "different".

No
    Painter and decorator I'm sure I saw.

Food processing plant.

The wife works in a hotel

No

Food processing plant.

The wife works in a hotel

So you'd allow Irish children be taken from Ireland to a country they'd never set foot in, but it can't happen to Brazilian children in Ireland. You're talking in riddles.

So you'd allow Irish children be taken from Ireland to a country they'd never set foot in, but it can't happen to Brazilian children in Ireland. You're talking in riddles.

It's not up to me to allow anything lad, what is confusing you?

It's not up to me to allow anything lad, what is confusing you?

You were complaining about kids who had never setting foot in Brazil before, possibly being deported. "with young children get temporary stay of deportation to a country the kids have never set foot in."

Yet you seem happy enough for it to happen to Irish children whose family decide to immigrate.

I'm not confused, just pointing out that you are talking out both side of your mouth.

• Advertisement

Yet you seem happy enough for it to happen to Irish children whose family decide to immigrate.

I highlighted the relevant bit for you. Again and this does seem be confusing you, it is absolutely nothing to do with me.

You are welcome.

Advertisement