Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod not even handed.

Options
  • 18-02-2020 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have an issue with a decision of Mod in Donegal forum, on the election 2020 thread, he has stopped further discussion between myself and another user, but has done so after the other user very nearly libeled me, when he claimed the xenophobic, racist, religious nutjob candidate 'was one of mine'. I've been been left with no opportunity to rebut what was posted without risk of being sanctioned, if the mod had removed the other user's post prior to ending our disagreement I'd have no issue, however he has left it there and will not remove it.

Thread is here, https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058046145&page=8

Mod is Muffler.

Cheers

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This forum deals with cards and forum bans. Forum complaints are dealt with in the Help Desk and I'll move the thread over there

Have you discussed this with the mod directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Aye, messaged him about it, he basically said he couldn't be arsed and gave me a link to this forum.

Anyone about?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hi this has just been brought to my attention.
    Is it the case that you're upset that you cant make a riposte to someone else's comment?
    I cant see how the mod is obliged to remove a post the 'nearly' libelled you - if you can show a clear libel that's different but I see nothing much in this.

Well if someone posted that you belonged to the same gang 'one of yours' as someone who is blatantly racist and xenophobic you may take offence at that. Is that Libel? Dunno but I think it's close, and I'd have appreciated the mod removed that post or to have chance to put up the figures on the transfers that show how wrong the other guy was in his statement; but once the bold writing came in I couldn't do that without getting a ban, and just think it's a bit sh*tty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hi, I've looked through the thread & the spat between yourself & another user.
    The mid was right to nip the spat in the bud, it is of no consequence who got the last salvo in, neither of you should have been engaging in that rubbish. Move on and try to moderate your posting style to prevent this from happening again.

What's wrong with my posting style? Someone posts something that is obviously wrong, I pointed out the error; what 'style' factors are you referring to?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement