Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career in counselling/psychotherapy?

Options
  • 18-02-2020 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Good Morning all!

I am a professional who is currently looking for a career change. I have always wanted to become a physician but I find myself being forced to reconsider this due to my own health and financial constraints. I have often thought I might like to consider a career as a counselor or therapist and I find myself coming back to this again.

I want a career in which I feel I can truly make a difference and I believe that I am a good listener with a history of dealing with my own difficult issues. I feel this would be of benefit to me in this career.

My concern would be finding full-time work that could sustain me in life. Could anyone with experience in this area give me some advice on this? Is it difficult to find full-time work?

Any insights or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Advertisement