Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Mobile Broadband Opinions

• 18-02-2020 12:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Sorry if this question is the wrong place. Please move it if necessary.

I am sick to the teeth of Imagine, so I'm looking at moving to Vodafone Mobile Broadband.

Can anyone give me a steer as to what their tech support is like ?
    Or if the performance is awful for streaming ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cillian_c

I’m not someone for writing reviews but this experience is something I have to share with everyone.
    If you are thinking on signing up to Vodafone broadband I really strongly suggest that you don’t go near them.
    I first joined Vodafone broadband 5 years ago , I can’t fully remember the full story after I joined but one thing I do remember is they over charged me for my first 4 bills. I eventually got this sorted and was given credit in my future bills and one thing I will firstly say is the broadban service itself was good.

So here is where my problems starts. After 5 years me and my partner decided to move back home in to my mothers. We decided we would move home in January 2020 and start saving for a mortgage. In December I contacted Vodafone to arrange a home move from our rented house . I arranged it so that I would have my internet the day we move back home which was the 8th of jan. So that was fine all sorted ,first thing that I noticed I was told I would be paying the same as what I was paying before 47 euro a month, I asked the person who was dealing with me to confirm the price. It was going to be the same as before €47. I repeatedly asked the salesman was it going to be the same price which he agreed. So I agreed to the contract as I was happy to pay 47 euro a month then having been sent out the contract in the post it states that my bill will rise to 60 after 12months. I was not told this At any stage on the phone. Not once was I told this and only for i read the document contract that was sent out I noticed. Having discussed with my girlfriend we stupidly decided to not mention this and to go ahead with the contract given. Stupid me I am way to easy going.

Anyway ...

It gets worse , we had our internet installed on the 8th an engineer came out to the house installed it And we where up and running that evening ,all good can’t complain about the broadband itself really good.
    For 3 weeks we where using the internet not a bother watching movies everything else etc , and on Sunday last ,it just stopped working. I decided to ring Vodafone and see what the story was. I was put on hold for 40m on Sunday and the lady I was talking to was absolutely no help what so ever. She was rude , cheeky and clearly not qualified as she hadn’t a clue why I was cut off. So I rang back on Monday morning, I was placed on hold for 2hours and 25m I have screenshots of the phonecalls to show the times I was placed on hold. This is the best part.
    I was told that I never had an account at my new address ..that an account didn’t exist. just let that sink in for a second , I was using internet for 3 weeks but yet I kept being told I had no account.after me arranging a home move in advance , an engineer coming out to install my internet getting the modem using the internet for 3 week they told me we didn’t have an account it doesn’t exist.
    I kept getting transferred over and back to different departments because not one of them where able to tell me what was the problem. 2 hours of being placed on hold which has added 50 euros on to my monthly phone bill but that’s not the point.

So I eventually had enough and just came to the conclusion I personally will never get involved with Vodafone ever again , from day one problem after problem and to think they can get away with this is beyond me. People working on the helplines are clearly not qualified , don’t get me wrong there where 2 people I talked to over the past 3 days that where nice and tried to help but Most are not qualified.
    To tell me that I had no account even tho I was using the internet for 3 weeks+ after an engineer came to install and the rest baffles me.

So the reason I wrote this review I really hope people read it and decide against signing up with Vodafone. Because an experience like this could well happen to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vidapura

That sounds like a terrible nightmare alright.
    You have my complete sympathy.

Am I right in saying this is this is their fixed line broadband as opposed to the mobile broadband yeah?

We'd still be dealing with the same terrible support tho anyway I suppose.

Hi
    Yeah this is the fixed broadband I’m on about. Basically everyone I talked to on the phone just didn’t seem qualified. Awful experience won’t ever go near them again I’m still baffled by the whole experience at how ridiculous it is

Tech support awful. The broadband service itself is good don’t get me wrong but when having to deal with them I highly highly recommend you don’t sign with Vodafone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

Hi OP,

Looks like your query is in relation to vodafone mobile broadband and not their fixed line service.

Ive only recently switched to vodafone 4G mobile broadband coming from Imagine they have been a dream to deal with in comparison to imagine, but I wont got there.

My advice is get a router on trial for the 3 days they allow and try it out if it works ok then go for it. Their 300GB per month for 40 euro looks good however the Huawei B528 is currently out of stock every where in Ireland at the moment due to supply issues related to the coronavirus in china. I'm told its due to come back into stock early next month.

Id wait for this router as the 300GB package looks like their best detail also you could add an external antenna to this router to improve the signal quality/download/upload speeds.

Something like this: https://www.connextech.co.uk/smp-4g-mimo-5m---lte-4g--mimo-directional-panel-antenna-2-x-5m-cables-1155-p.asp

For me moving from imagine to vodafone was the right thing, however as coverage can vary you should try it out for the 3 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vidapura

Thanks very much @Galway_guy_33.

Not only am I also moving from Imagine.. but I'm in galway too... outside oranmore there.

I think I'll try the 3 day thing alright.. over a weekend.
    Sick to the back teeth of Imagine speeds on a friday/saturday .. ridiculous.
    I know they are all advertising "Up To" speeds.. but there really should be some penalty for not meeting even 10% of your advertised.
    I mean they sell it as 70mbps broadband and they don't even manage 4mbps at peak times...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jimmy2020

Hi sorry to hear of your issues with vodafone regarding the fixed line broadband.

Our story is we have just built in Mayo and we did think the fibre optic roll out would be in our area the first qtr of this year, stupidly so.

Anyway we need a good source of wireless broadband as we both will be working from home and we hope to run the tv of the Wi-Fi for this to work properly it needs approx 20mbs to add to this both of us will be drawing of the internet so it needs to be good.

From your experiences is Vodafone mobile broadband good? if you have any pros and cons that would be great.

Thanks

Jimmy

Advertisement