Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Ombudsman

Options
  • 18-02-2020 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭

I was talking to friend at weekend, they said they have exhausted all avenues with ongoing problem and was thinking of making a complaint.
    I told him i never heard of it.
    Does anyone here know of such a body and if it works?
    I did find their website but easier ask than read all that tripe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I was talking to friend at weekend, they said they have exhausted all avenues with ongoing problem and was thinking of making a complaint.

You want to make a complaint but won't take the time to read how to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

You want to make a complaint but won't take the time to read how to?

It's not me as i never knew there was such a body. It seems a bit OTT to me and i thought i ask...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

It's not me as i never knew there was such a body. It seems a bit OTT to me and i thought i ask...

It's only used to make complaints against the EU Institutions as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

It's only used to make complaints against the EU Institutions as far as I know.

correct
    The European Ombudsman works to promote good administration at EU level. The Ombudsman investigates complaints about maladministration by EU institutions and bodies, as well as proactively looking into broader systemic issues

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

In my fairly recent experience, making a complaint to any Ombudsman is a sophisticated and long drawn out method of banging your head against a brick wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

I guess it depends on the issue...care to add some context of your friends issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

This persons favourite pass-time is banging said head against wall.
    I will not say as i do not want to have conversation about others persons business.
    Not that they would mind but not my way.
    I just asked as i was wondering what view be here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

This persons favourite pass-time is banging said head against wall.
    I will not say as i do not want to have conversation about others persons business.
    Not that they would mind but not my way.
    I just asked as i was wondering what view be here.

Lots of views... Be here.

Advertisement