Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest League in the World 2024 [new thread available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I'd love to be a fly on the wall of Morris' half-time teamtalk, I'm sure it will be as a inspiring speech as the pre-match team talk reminding the team of the game plan which is....?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

How many legs in the playoff? :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭Beagslife

24 + subs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

Tight match in Inchicore anyway. Bohs had a goal disallowed for handball which judging by the camera looks dubious enough. Gibson then put us on the lead but Grant equalised just before halftime. Still up for grabs both the match and the European spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Agree with that. Thanks Gary, it was great while it lasted, pull the door as you go.
    Still remember ‘that’ goal against Sligo. Should have said goodbye long ago.

Arron , I don’t know how we signed you when we had 2 better, younger keepers aft the club. We’ll give you a good reference ( for all the good it’ll do you )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

pgj2015 wrote: »
    we need to get rid of Rogers and McCarey.

Goalkeeper is one of the most important positions.
    If the defence has no confidence in the keeper then you have serious trouble.
    Dundalk’s keepers have been terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

dan1895 wrote: »
    How many legs in the playoff? :-/

1 and the PD team at home I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I wonder who they will go for, maybe they will get some Italian keeper, the next Buffon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

joeysoap wrote: »
    Agree with that. Thanks Gary, it was great while it lasted, pull the door as you go.
    Still remember ‘that’ goal against Sligo. Should have said goodbye long ago.

Arron , I don’t know how we signed you when we had 2 better, younger keepers aft the club. We’ll give you a good reference ( for all the good it’ll do you )

"Europa League experience"

• Advertisement

"Europa League experience"

:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm losing hair with the stress over here watching the game at Oriel and Finn Park. This is way worse than twitter updates.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Shels don't look like scoring. Match getting very scrappy

Waterford need to put me out of my misery

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

20 left, Shels will surely lose but there's also surely another goal in the other game, could go either way yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Derry equalise in Cork, we didn't clear our lines when given the chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

George Hamilton calling Nathan Oduwa "Junior"...

Has nobody told Dundalk a goal for them will change nothing? They're being mean :(

Just pass the ball around at the back like West Germany v Austria in Gijon.

Nice finish there by Aaron '2 year contract' Dobbs

Jesse Devers with a horrible miskick when he has a glorious chance to make it 2-0

And 5 seconds later Harps almost score a ridiculous own goal.

My nerves are shot. Didn't think we had a chance 2 hours ago and now I'll be gutted if Dundalk or Waterford score.

Harps make it 2-0 but its disallowed.....the tension!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Deegan sent off

Dundalk really enjoy the half way line. Never enjoyed a home defeat as much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Deegan sent off

The tough man who fancies himself as a leader out of the play off now. :rolleyes:

What a miss/block at Finn Park :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Jesus Harps, how did they keep that out

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Switched over to Finn Park, just in time for a goal line clearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

YESSSSSS

What a finish! Keeper comes for the ball misses, shot taken, was going in, off the line......fine margins indeed!

Well done on a Great Escape Harps !!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

COUGHLANNNNN!!!!

That's that.

The shambles that keeps on giving.

Fair play to Harps.

As great escapes go, that's up there with the best of them.

• Advertisement

Bradster off ? Must have said something. Referees are a delicate lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

2 nil to Sligo.
    Dundalk terrible.

If you're in the trenches you would want Ollie Horgan as your manager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Disgusted with the Waterford result, but happy to see Harps stay up.

Gutting to know that a win was enough to guarantee European football, but karma after the owner's behaviour this year, and Sheridan's behaviour as manager.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Zebra3 wrote: »
    The tough man who fancies himself as a leader out of the play off now. :rolleyes:

Don't think it would have made a difference but that is the third or fourth red this year for Shels this year and they were all pointless

Well done Harps. Well deserved

City had a free header 4 yards out with only seconds left, missed , story of our season.

The only glimmer of hope for a City fan in recent weeks, to 'save' our season :rolleyes:, was if Shels could go down with us. It was only a dream, but now it has a chance of actually happening. Great to see excitement on the last day.

Its playoff time!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

Frustrating. The better team but once again we lose due to a poor mistake and the fact that Kelly was our only recognized striker in the squad and he's been terrible. I'll give Gibson credit he's improved as the seasons gone on but Kelly has been a massive disappointment.

Fair play to Harps for getting out of the playoff spot.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Don't think it would have made a difference but that is the third or fourth red this year for Shels this year and they were all pointless

Well done Harps. Well deserved

My point is about our next game, not tonight.

This single act in the 95th minute both saved Harps from the playoff and secured European football for Sligo Rovers. Heart attack inducing stuff at Finn Park.

giphy.gif

Time to get that passport renewed!* :D

*Unless Athlone, Derry or Harps win the cup :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

What an end to the season. From bottom of the league to 4th place and those laughing about having ambitions for Europe :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Balls balls, Fair ****s too Finn Harps and Sligo. Come on Athlone or Derry in the cup

if there was ever a false position Waterford got that this season. We had a few good days beating Dundalk at home and away wins over St Pats and Bohs but we it mattered we werent there

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I wonder who they will go for, maybe they will get some Italian keeper, the next Buffon.

*Buffoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The Italian surely won't be kept on at Dundalk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭Beagslife

Oat23 wrote: »
    This single act in the 95th minute both saved Harps from the playoff and secured European football for Sligo Rovers. Heart attack inducing stuff at Finn Park.

giphy.gif

Would you bet against Harps winning the Cup after that!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Balls balls, Fair ****s too Finn Harps and Sligo. Come on Athlone or Derry in the cup

I feel so sorry for anyone waiting on us to win the cup.;)
    Not. A. Chance.

We are awful.
    I have never been as glad to see a season finish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rovers comfortable enough. Shels spent a lot of energy hustling around 2nd half but I don't think they had a shot on target. Kilduff offered very little. There was a red card simmering in the game for a few minutes before it was given, Burke needed to come off.

Hopefully they beat Longford, delighted for Harps. It would've been very easy to sit back and just prepare for the playoff, but they chased the gap back.
    joeysoap wrote: »
    Bradster off ? Must have said something. Referees are a delicate lot.

Archetypal LOI refereeing. Dead game which had been a little heated at times, but card the bench more than players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭overshoot

Oat23 wrote: »

giphy.gif

Webster was absolutely immense today, whole team was. Wouldn't mind seeing proper highlights, one of the crossbar from Webster too, and disallowed. Still waiting on the heart rate to drop

We were dire after the restart but finally started playing some football and been on European form since! Good crack at shams now to come in Finn Park, potential home semi after! 4th isn't a euro spot yet!

ps. Sligos late goal put ye 2 goals scored ahead of waterford so an equiliser wouldn't have helped them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

overshoot wrote: »
    Webster was absolutely immense today, whole team was. Wouldn't mind seeing proper highlights, one of the crossbar from Webster too, and disallowed. Still waiting on the heart rate to drop

I thought he playing up front, each time I looked over at the game he was having a shot :D

overshoot wrote: »
    ps. Sligos late goal put ye 2 goals scored ahead of waterford so an equiliser wouldn't have helped them.

An equaliser would have put us both on 25 points with -4 GD. I'm assuming next is head to head, or is it goals scored by a team? Goals scored would see us take the tiebreaker by a goal (19 to 18). H2H would have been 1 win each. I've no idea how we sort tiebreakers in the LOI beyond that. Perhaps the FAI haven't thought that far ahead :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭overshoot

I thought he playing up front, each time I looked over at the game he was having a shot :D

He was absolutely everywhere! Dublin supports club poty and more than justified it. Couldn't fault anyone though

Also congrats shams on the unbeaten season. By far the best team in the league. Looking forward to that quarter final!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement