Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest League in the World 2024 [new thread available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Story Sham? Quite an acceptable greeting. Using terms like Rovers,United or City is meaningless in a loi context. Calling them the team with half a league title would resonate more with people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

fatbhoy wrote: »
    It's a bit pathetic this referring to Shamrock Rovers as Shams: a petty and bitter phenomenon. I've never once heard any of the other LOI teams being referred to in a derogatory manner. Grow up.

Maybe you should look in the mirror and grow up yourself if that gets your knickers in a twist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The short name is Rovers, and always has been.

Not sure if you know the meaning of the vernacular, "Shams". Maybe you should look it up.

:-/

Jesus, you seem really offended by this. Imagine calling your team by half of their name and making plural as it's a collective.

Fat is a derogatory term too you know, should be 'adiposelychallengedbhoy'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Corholio wrote: »
    Jesus, you seem really offended by this. Imagine calling your team by half of their name and making plural as it's a collective.

Fat is a derogatory term too you know, should be 'adiposelychallengedbhoy'

I never noticed the bhoy part of his name. If he's also a Celtic fan let's give him a pass this time.

It hasn't been an easy week with Rangers winning the league and arriving at Parkhead yesterday as the champions. He's probably a little on edge :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

Oat23 wrote: »
    I never noticed the bhoy part of his name. If he's also a Celtic fan let's give him a pass this time.

It hasn't been an easy week with Rangers winning the league and arriving at Parkhead yesterday as the champions. He's probably a little on edge :D

Dont tell him Celtic aren't an Irish club or his head will explode

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

LOI TV 79eur for 2nd tier League of Ireland football. That AI company is streaming the Premier Division games too but of course thats not included. Games are all streamed for free on Bet365 (outside of Ire). Thats way too much for the quality of the streams. Madness. A season pass for La Liga with good quality was 35 Eur. Still no highlights of any games at the weekend yet.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I've never once heard any of the other LOI teams being referred to in a derogatory manner.

:pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

wadacrack wrote: »
    LOI TV 79eur for 2nd tier League of Ireland football. That AI company is streaming the Premier Division games too but of course thats not included. Games are all streamed for free on Bet365 (outside of Ire). Thats way too much for the quality of the streams. Madness. A season pass for La Liga with good quality was 35 Eur. Still no highlights of any games at the weekend yet.
    LOI First Division is about as niche as you will get for a online sports streaming product hence the elevated price, sure I get every single NBA game live and replays for about 11 euro a year via my India "address"...

wadacrack wrote: »
    79 euro for all first division games is far from a rip-off.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

You're not comparing like for like, to compare the LOI First Division to La Liga is ridiculous, economies of scale and all that.

It's less than 3 euro a game if you follow your clubs games only, that's not a bad price.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Gameweek 1 Highlights:

Not so much highlights as the goals. The Drogheda Waterford game is three times longer than Sligo Dundalk...

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

joeysoap wrote: »
    Murray, hopefullylly, will make a difference. For the start of the season, dundalk seem have a lot of injuries

We're in a lot of trouble if we're relying on a player that's started 23 of the last 59 league games. Hopefully this Zahibo guy that's supposedly coming in settles quickly - certainly seems to have pedigree - although I see that he's a defensive midfielder - not exactly what's needed most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

We're in a lot of trouble if we're relying on a player that's started 23 of the last 59 league games. Hopefully this Zahibo guy that's supposedly coming in settles quickly - certainly seems to have pedigree - although I see that he's a defensive midfielder - not exactly what's needed most.

The Tea Ladies new tactic....8 behind the ball, 3 up front for good measure. All 6 foot + ..... we might get a goal from a set piece. After hitting google with "italian football formations" this is what I got:
    http://www.footballuser.com/1670484/Italy

Look familiar??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Ah, but he earned us €3M :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Hopefully some of ye can answer this, is this the 1st time that Longford Town have been top of the league?

Hopefully some of ye can answer this, is this the 1st time that Longford Town have been top of the league?

Yes it is. StattoLOI mentioned it on twitter yesterday.

Ah, but he earned us €3M :)

A million a goal is a good return alright! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Are you able to buy single game passes with LOITV? Doesn't seem like it from the website. Just one bulk subscription.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    Are you able to buy single game passes with LOITV? Doesn't seem like it from the website. Just one bulk subscription.

Yup, just clicked into one of the games. €5 for the single event pass.

https://www.loitv.ie/event/6048f355f75b1310db873e6d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

With LOITV, can you use you watch the game on multiple devices? eg share code with friends and watch at the same time.

79 euro for all first division games is far from a rip-off.

If watching lads getting kicked about and horrendous refereeing decisions is your thing.

redmgar wrote: »
    With LOITV, can you use you watch the game on multiple devices? eg share code with friends and watch at the same time.
    You can only log in on one device at a time

Cape Clear wrote: »
    If watching lads getting kicked about and horrendous refereeing decisions is your thing.
    Some of us appreciate watching our clubs no matter who it's against

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭overshoot

So you're giving up following the LOI then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

As if the premier league is top class!

overshoot wrote: »
    So you're giving up following the LOI then?

Absolutely not but let's call a spade a spade.

Imagine complaining about an unattractive style of football when your Italian manager plays a style not seen since James Richardson presented Football Italia with a full head of hair.

If anyone is curious about the Pixellot cameras there's a Regionalliga game on in Germany at the minute and they are all shown using Pixellot. LOITV should be the same.

https://sporttotal.tv/mabb4595c2

• Advertisement

Imagine complaining about an unattractive style of football when your Italian manager plays a style not seen since James Richardson presented Football Italia with a full head of hair.

Which club has an Italian manager ? A :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

If anyone is curious about the Pixellot cameras there's a Regionalliga game on in Germany at the minute and they are all shown using Pixellot. LOITV should be the same.

https://sporttotal.tv/mabb4595c2

I'll be happy if that's what we get.

dan1895 wrote: »
    I'll be happy if that's what we get.

https://aisw.tv/ operated by AISportsWatch, a German company.

The above platform was offered to the FAI a long time ago by someone close to people in both camps and they refused point blank, every story under the sun was offered by Delaneys team for not taking it.

Their free stuff is up their with the best, paid stuff is a tad better. A lot of this has to do with connection / upload speeds at grounds, what clubs add to it. I know a few clubs who have a line just for streaming content...normally TB download and 50+GB upload. BVB U23 used the system and it is more than adequate, attracting a lot of traffic.

Which club has an Italian manager ? A :pac:

Any coincidence in Orielweb going offline (due to update problems) and a certain journalist (and founding member of the forum) getting questioned about his apparent dislike for the club owners and management???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

It's a bit pathetic this referring to Shamrock Rovers as Shams: a petty and bitter phenomenon. I've never once heard any of the other LOI teams being referred to in a derogatory manner. Grow up.

Well, that's me told then :pac:

But I still don't buy that people don't realise that "shams" is a put-down, or that there's an undercurrent when it's used to refer to Rovers.

Anyway, moving on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Well, that's me told then :pac:

But I still don't buy that people don't realise that "shams" is a put-down, or that there's an undercurrent when it's used to refer to Rovers.

Anyway, moving on...
    shamrock so then... im guessing you arent following the league to long if you have never heard shams been referenced as shams so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

shanec1928 wrote: »
    shamrock so then... im guessing you arent following the league to long if you have never heard shams been referenced as shams so

Call them champions

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Call them champions*

Corrected that for you....:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Call them champions

Shampions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

shanec1928 wrote: »

Following in since before you were born probably, 1983. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Looking at his username it looks like he was born well before you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Shiny new away jersey to go along with the tasty home one that was revealed before the start of the season

jersey5.png

romeo123.png

45748CC8-B029-49F4-AC00-298A3CFB065E__84263.1607679002.jpg?c=2

FWIW. That’s one point more than we got off Sligo last year. Also fwiw the last time we drew with Sligo on the first day.....we went on to win the league

Betting people should also note - Dundalk have never retained the cup. 6 finals in a row certainly but never retained.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Quite like those Sligo jerseys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭overshoot

Home one is good but that away one is really nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Out of interest what does the star over Sligo's crest represent? They certainly havent won 10 league titles which to my understanding is the reason behind the other clubs having it. Curious as I dont remember it being there previously.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

DvB wrote: »
    Out of interest what does the star over Sligo's crest represent? They certainly havent won 10 league titles which to my understanding is the reason behind the other clubs having it. Curious as I dont remember it being there previously.

https://twitter.com/keithodwyer/status/832331486267371521

DvB wrote: »

Limerick had 2 stars. I thought it stood for 10 wins too . Limerick didn’t win 20 league titles so it must mean something else to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Limerick had 2 stars. I thought it stood for 10 wins too . Limerick didn’t win 20 league titles so it must mean something else to them.

Theres no rule around it so in theory you can have as many stars as you want.
    AFAIK its only Serie A that has the 10 leagues = 1 star over crest arrangement and a few years back a few of the LOI clubs adopted that, Rovers, Bohs, Dundalk & Shels being the clubs that can claim the honour of having at least 10 league titles, and i think they all have that star on their crests now.

Was just curious as to why Sligo added it recently as it clearly wasn't down to honours won. I Be interesting to see what they'll do if they ever do achieve 10 league titles.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Guffy

Should be part of crest or on another part of jersey.... false impression of ten wins there :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement