Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest League in the World 2024 [new thread available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

He did give ye a blatantly offside goal to say sorry though. The first one was arguable but the second couldn't have been more of a penalty. We were poor, so, so poor. Was fairly impressed with ye. Farrell, Brennan, Byrne and Wilson were very good for ye. Took your chances and ye were solid at the back and only offered us a couple of real chances.

The last one you’re talking about was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭rahenyrover

The 200 is generally used up by players, coaches, officials, volunteers etc.

Very disappointing that a team with a billionaire owner and the biggest budget in the league will have the benefit of extra gate receipts weeks ahead of everyone else.

What gate receipts? The 1,000 capacity will be allocated through Members and Season Ticket holders. So the club won’t have any extra gate receipts as the money from those is already banked, regardless of whether fans are allowed back or not. I understand that you’re frustrated that your own club will be limited to 100 in June but if the trials go well then it could mean you can get more than 200 in by July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

The 200 is generally used up by players, coaches, officials, volunteers etc.

Very disappointing that a team with a billionaire owner and the biggest budget in the league will have the benefit of extra gate receipts weeks ahead of everyone else.

That's just not remotely important at all when it comes to trialling something in relation to public health

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

It'll be 200 season ticket holders.

On a side note: we need a keeper ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

joeysoap wrote: »
    It'll be 200 season ticket holders.

On a side note: we need a keeper ASAP.

You can have McGinty for €17.3m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

CSF wrote: »
    The last one you’re talking about was it?

Ya he looked a yard ahead of the cross, made no difference obviously but it looked as blatantly offside as the penalty before looked stonewall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Leaving all that aside. More annoyed that in a league as tight as ours this season. They are going to give one team a huge advantage having extra fans in the ground to push the players on.

Also not quite sure how you have trails for return of fans in counties who have had the highest numbers through out all this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Relegation, demotion, but a(nother) club going to the wall does no good for anyone. You are drooling at the possibility Topman, must have a long 7 or 8 years of watching LoI for you, dislking the club that much!

I've no particular like or dislike for Dundalk. I naively thought for a moment they'd use the Euro success as an opportunity to build structures beyond a gym and some monogramed seats.

Simply put i enjoy the LOI and I'm a rovers fan. The better each clubs facilities are the better it is for the league the better the league my club plays in. Image means everything and it improves the chances of a major sponsor getting behind the league or as decent TV deal.

As it has worked out at Dundalk they are no different to Shels, Cork, Bohs in the real bad days with 2 of those left playing in dumps despite huge outlays. Cork would be still in Bishopstown or a similar substandard ground only for the MFA.
    Dundalk have blown through all the Euro money and Oriel will continue to be a disgrace for the foreseeable future while the likes of Finn Harps have more foresight with a fraction of the means and will be playing out of a better facility.

So while not drooling at the possibility of Dundalk imploding and heading for the First Division I won't shed a tear either or be contributing to their next bucket collection. They've made their bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I've no particular like or dislike for Dundalk. I naively thought for a moment they'd use the Euro success as an opportunity to build structures beyond a gym and some monogramed seats.

Simply put i enjoy the LOI and I'm a rovers fan. The better each clubs facilities are the better it is for the league the better the league my club plays in. Image means everything and it improves the chances of a major sponsor getting behind the league or as decent TV deal.

As it has worked out at Dundalk they are no different to Shels, Cork, Bohs in the real bad days with 2 of those left playing in dumps despite huge outlays. Cork would be still in Bishopstown or a similar substandard ground only for the MFA.
    Dundalk have blown through all the Euro money and Oriel will continue to be a disgrace for the foreseeable future while the likes of Finn Harps have more foresight with a fraction of the means and will be playing out of a better facility.

So while not drooling at the possibility of Dundalk imploding and heading for the First Division I won't shed a tear either or be contributing to their next bucket collection. They've made their bed.

The opportunity should have been taken in 2016. We had €3M in the bank and were owned by two local based businessmen that were fans of the club. Even half that windfall would have built a tidy 1000 seater behind the town end goals. I'll never understand the decision not to do that. I do wonder what would have happened had we got based Legia Warsaw and completely struck it rich in the champions League.

Once Peak6 took over there was no chance of stadium improvements. The gym, TV room, canteen, changing rooms etc. were only done due to the 70% rule on wages I suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

Ya he looked a yard ahead of the cross, made no difference obviously but it looked as blatantly offside as the penalty before looked stonewall.

I thought it looked offside too. In the build up he was always struggling to stay onside and then never looked to get back onside when the cross came in. Hard to be 100% from the camera angle but I was very surprised when the linesman didn't raise his flag.

Speaking of camera angles, where does the top of the main stand disappear to. When the camera is looking straight across the half way line there's a black blob over the centre of the main stand.

I thought Galway could have got a goal or two but still think we'd have won regardless. Their tactics towards the end were very strange. Left themselves very open at the back despite the game being over. Could have been more than 4-0. Very unlike Caulfield and he definitely won't be happy with the goals conceded.

Amateur hour with the stream last night meant missing the last ten minutes. Very different reaction from Shels fans online compared to the Cobh game. Guess winning helps. Different circumstances aswell. Got to see most of game whereas the Cobh stream was unwatchable. Either way it's not good enough.

Our days of watching games this way are hopefully numbered. Had cause to drive past Tolka in the build up to the game last night and was passing at same time as the Galway buses were unloading. Felt like a match night instead of pottering around the gaff waiting to press play.

Overall delighted with how the season is going so far. Someone give Morris another contract extension.

• Advertisement

Remember thinking it was off myself yeah

howiya wrote: »
    I thought it looked offside too. In the build up he was always struggling to stay onside and then never looked to get back onside when the cross came in. Hard to be 100% from the camera angle but I was very surprised when the linesman didn't raise his flag.

Speaking of camera angles, where does the top of the main stand disappear to. When the camera is looking straight across the half way line there's a black blob over the centre of the main stand.

I thought Galway could have got a goal or two but still think we'd have won regardless. Their tactics towards the end were very strange. Left themselves very open at the back despite the game being over. Could have been more than 4-0. Very unlike Caulfield and he definitely won't be happy with the goals conceded.

Amateur hour with the stream last night meant missing the last ten minutes. Very different reaction from Shels fans online compared to the Cobh game. Guess winning helps. Different circumstances aswell. Got to see most of game whereas the Cobh stream was unwatchable. Either way it's not good enough.

Our days of watching games this way are hopefully numbered. Had cause to drive past Tolka in the build up to the game last night and was passing at same time as the Galway buses were unloading. Felt like a match night instead of pottering around the gaff waiting to press play.

Overall delighted with how the season is going so far. Someone give Morris another contract extension.

Very amateur hour with the stream alright, in spite of us getting thumped I'd have still watched the last ten. And you're right we should have scored one if not two but that wouldnt have made any difference to the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bohs dominated Waterford and Rovers with their usual 96th minute winner again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Rovers have only gone and done it again.

96th minute winner.

Still, we desperately need someone creative in midfield.

If you remove stoppage time goals from the table we'd be 9 points clear which is ridiculous.

https://www.transfermarkt.ie/premier-league/tabelleohnenachspielzeit/wettbewerb/IR1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

There was about a year and a half under Fenlon where Rovers hadn't scored a winning goal past the 78th minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Another late hoops goal

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Another late hoops goal

You love to see it ☘️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Fergie time!

Got to hand it to Bradley though, play until the ref blows.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Oat23 wrote: »
    If you remove stoppage time goals from the table we'd be 9 points clear which is ridiculous.

https://www.transfermarkt.ie/premier-league/tabelleohnenachspielzeit/wettbewerb/IR1

Rovers seem to be missing a match in that table though.

• Advertisement

irish_goat wrote: »
    Rovers seem to be missing a match in that table though.

Yes today's match, so add a point and there's a 9 point gap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Remember thinking it was off myself yeah

Was a few yards off but game was dead and buried!

5 points clear at the top, 7 would have been nicer but still plenty more to play for!

For two full time outfits, Cork & Galway are performing absolutely diabolical! Is Pat Dolan on the payroll at Galway too as a scout? Talk about pishing away money!!

5 points clear at the top, 7 would have been nicer but still plenty more to play for!

For two full time outfits, Cork & Galway are performing absolutely diabolical! Is Pat Dolan on the payroll at Galway too as a scout? Talk about pishing away money!!

Haven't heard that, where'd that come from?

What’s the point of this? The game ends at the final whistle and not before.

What’s the point of this? The game ends at the final whistle and not before.

It's a statistic. They are a part of football now and interest a lot of people.

Surely Caulfield in particular has to be on the hotseat? Their wins were against Cobh who had 10 men, a last minute winner against Wexford who are shocking and the other was the walkover against Cabinteely due to COVID. Brutal start. Will the Comers give him more time?

Surely Caulfield in particular has to be on the hotseat? Their wins were against Cobh who had 10 men, a last minute winner against Wexford who are shocking and the other was the walkover against Cabinteely due to COVID. Brutal start. Will the Comers give him more time?

Absolutely will. He's not under big pressure yet. If we don't go up via the playoffs then by all means it'll have to be reviewed but not until then. We're not in a position to be sacking another manager. Needs time but he really needs to sort sh1t out. He doesn't know his best eleven, his best formation or how we should actually play. The decision to not sign an out and out left back is looking worse by the game and the treatment of Stephen Christopher is just bizarre.

It's a statistic. They are a part of football now and interest a lot of people.

honestly can’t see the point of this one 🙄

honestly can’t see the point of this one ��

What's the point of xG? Sure the only thing that matters is the actual score at full time..

• Advertisement

Dolan is JC's agent, end of typical LOI rumour.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Bohs showing a good bit of form the last couple of weeks after a poor start. Hopefully they can get back into the title challenge

honestly can’t see the point of this one ��

There was a tweet doing the rounds yesterday which showed the games in which Shamrock Rovers won their late games. Probably more interesting than the table.

Eg yesterday is the second time Longford conceded a late goal to lose against rovers. If you’re coaching surely that’s interesting and something for the team to work on.

If you’ve an interest in betting on games, backing rovers in play late on to win when they’re not winning can be profitable.

There’s two examples. In short stats can be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Bohs showing a good bit of form the last couple of weeks after a poor start. Hopefully they can get back into the title challenge

Would be great but I think that is probably a bridge too far given how badly those first 8-9 games results were. Even though the back of the net has been hit with regularity in recent games I am still not convinced with the teams ability to score enough goals consistently to challenge for the title. IMHO chasing St Pats down for third is the most realistic goal league wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Dolan is JC's agent, end of typical LOI rumour.

Never knew any LoI managers had agents nor the majority of players.

So agents are official club reps? Wonder what role Galway had him down as on Friday to get him into Tolka! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1398983400711655424?s=19

Some here might be interested in this brief history of Tolka Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Dubs player Philly McMahon joining Bohs back room team

Fitness coach?

https://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/sse-airtricity-premier-division-set-to-launch-on-loitv/id-3737

Confirmation of the Premier Division's switch to LOITV platform. It will be all three leagues on the single platform, with some changes to the back end basically.

I believe the new platform makes it easier for clubs to source their own production (i.e. multi cameras, replays, etc.). In the First Division Athlone and Wexford had made that step on the old system, and I expect more FD/WNL clubs will step up to that on the new system.

Also should be a far more reliable server for video playback, which was always going to be necessary with the big increase of traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Fitness coach?

Mindfulness coach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭deisedude

https://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/sse-airtricity-premier-division-set-to-launch-on-loitv/id-3737

Confirmation of the Premier Division's switch to LOITV platform. It will be all three leagues on the single platform, with some changes to the back end basically.

I believe the new platform makes it easier for clubs to source their own production (i.e. multi cameras, replays, etc.). In the First Division Athlone and Wexford had made that step on the old system, and I expect more FD/WNL clubs will step up to that on the new system.

Also should be a far more reliable server for video playback, which was always going to be necessary with the big increase of traffic.

Are they going to be reliant on the AI cameras or will they be manually operated do you know?

• Advertisement

deisedude wrote: »
    Are they going to be reliant on the AI cameras or will they be manually operated do you know?

It's up to each club to produce their own stream basically. So they'll be bringing in their own manually operated camera, cameraman, production, etc. Whether it be from their own media staff or if they hire a production company, and then streaming that to LOITV.

If they can't do it themselves or hire someone in (or if there's some catastrophic technical issue), then they'll fallback to the AI cameras that were installed. The bottom line is that every game has to be streamed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

yeah the Shels trust have provided some audiovisual equipment to improve the offering from Tolka Park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

A drop in wages, that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

Absolutely will. He's not under big pressure yet. If we don't go up via the playoffs then by all means it'll have to be reviewed but not until then. We're not in a position to be sacking another manager. Needs time but he really needs to sort sh1t out. He doesn't know his best eleven, his best formation or how we should actually play. The decision to not sign an out and out left back is looking worse by the game and the treatment of Stephen Christopher is just bizarre.

Keep hearing that about him not knowing his best 11/formation. The fact that he doesn't at this stage is shocking!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

My update for my LOI Option File for PES 2021 is now available. features 14 teams all with updated kits and squads for the 2021 season. Enjoy!

Link is in decription.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-oW6IoyM7Y

Waterford sold by Lee Power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I am confirming that Waterford FC have sold 100% of its shares to R & S Holding Ltd who are a UK-based company headed up by Richard Forrest. Earlier in the year, Richard purchased 33% of the football club and the remaining shareholding was agreed over the weekend.

I would like to thank all the staff, supporters, and businesses of Waterford that have supported me and the football club throughout my time.

I would also like to think that I have left the club in a much better place than when I purchased it in 2016 when we were in the first division, attracting crowds of 200 and close to going out of business. After a lot of hard work and substantial investment, we managed to get the team back to the Premier League and also qualify for Europe, only for that to be taken away from us.

Ever since that decision was made by UEFA it has left a bitter taste in my mouth and it was difficult for things to stay the same. However, yet again last year it came down to the final game where a victory would have seen us back in Europe but it was not meant to be.

I have managed to steer the club through COVID and cover the substantial losses that came with that and felt that now is the right time for me to move over and let someone else take the club forward.

Me and my family will always continue to support and help the club in any way we can.

Once a Blue always a Blue

Lee Power

Regards

St Rats
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Read the rules Lee. Read them, and understand them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I am a shelbourne season ticket holder and have been able to watch the division 1 games on WatchLOI . But I got an email saying its going and I need to pay to watch remainder of season on loitv? Anybody any info on whats happened ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement