Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest League in the World 2024 [new thread available]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

howiya wrote: »
    So only one facility per local authority. What should Pats do?

Does Dublin City Council own that too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

hardybuck wrote: »

What is the population of Dublin out of interest? It’s got to be significantly higher (even divided by 6 if you include UCD as an actual team) than other clubs with a council funded stadium, Waterford for example?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

Not yet. Pats wanted to move to DCC land as part of the rejuvenation of St Michael's Estate.

Either way it wouldnt fit with your franchise football mentality. One team per local authority.

What do we do with surplus teams? Where should we relocate the UCD franchise to?

CSF wrote: »
    What is the population of Dublin out of interest? It’s got to be significantly higher (even divided by 6 if you include UCD as an actual team) than other clubs with a council funded stadium, Waterford for example?

I suppose you'd easily Google the population in each of the Dublin Council areas.

The Regional Sports Ground in Waterford is also an athletics facility, I'm not sure if the other Council owned stadia are also multipurpose.

Not yet. Pats wanted to move to DCC land as part of the rejuvenation of St Michael's Estate.

Either way it wouldnt fit with your franchise football mentality. One team per local authority.

What do we do with surplus teams? Where should we relocate the UCD franchise to?

It's not a franchise football mentality, but ultimately these clubs who don't own a ground have to find a suitable facility to rent and a landlord who wants them.

• Advertisement

I suppose you'd easily Google the population in each of the Dublin Council areas.

The Regional Sports Ground in Waterford is also an athletics facility, I'm not sure if the other Council owned stadia are also multipurpose.

So 2 clubs on the north side of Dublin, representing about 950k population...right?

So 2 clubs on the north side of Dublin, representing about 950k population...right?

And only if they're a certain distance apart

It's not a franchise football mentality, but ultimately these clubs who don't own a ground have to find a suitable facility to rent and a landlord who wants them.

You've literally said that each local authority should have a team. As you said Fingal doesn't have a team but you think they should have one. That is franchise football.

And only if they're a certain distance apart

How? Have you any idea how city planning works? Or do you find it weird that so many of the facilities built in the city centre arent built just to cater for the percentage of the population specifically living in Dublin City centre?

Edit - literally just realised you’re not the person who is arguing nonsense with me

You've literally said that each local authority should have a team. As you said Fingal doesn't have a team but you think they should have one. That is franchise football.

I do absolutely see the benefits of it.

However, to be clear, I'm definitely against Councils owning multiple LOI stadia in close proximity of each other. That's just a waste of resources and it should be avoided.

Keep Tolka Park by all means, but open it up to everyone including Shelbourne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

But opening it up to the wider public is one of the reasons for the campaign.

dan1895 wrote: »
    But opening it up to the wider public is one of the reasons for the campaign.

How much access do the other clubs have access to it right now? Say Na Fianna, Home Farm or St Vincent's as another poster mentioned?

How much access do the other clubs have access to it right now? Say Na Fianna, Home Farm or St Vincent's as another poster mentioned?

Should Shels take this exact same approach to anything that has ever previously received government funding that we haven’t been given permission to use? Honestly, it’s like you’re completely allergic to any form of context.

Little to none I assume.

Why would Na Fianna want access? They have a great facility down on Mobhi Road.

How? Have you any idea how city planning works? Or do you find it weird that so many of the facilities built in the city centre arent built just to cater for the percentage of the population specifically living in Dublin City centre?

Edit - literally just realised you’re not the person who is arguing nonsense with me

Yep was being facetious in response to what has been said on the thread previously

Little to none I assume.

Why would Na Fianna want access? They have a great facility down on Mobhi Road.

I know it's great in fairness to them, but as another poster mentioned they don't have enough space for all their teams.

These aren't things for Shelbourne to worry about, but obviously the owners of the stadium have to think about such matters.

Should Shels take this exact same approach to anything that has ever previously received government funding that we haven’t been given permission to use? Honestly, it’s like you’re completely allergic to any form of context.

Shels can either buy a ground and do whatever they want with it, or try and find a landlord who wants to offer them a facility to play in.

I'll leave it there to avoid derailing the thread.

Shels can either buy a ground and do whatever they want with it, or try and find a landlord who wants to offer them a facility to play in.

Thanks for clearing up our available options. Will run it by yourself in future incase we come up with anymore fanciful ideas above our station.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Comes down to money really. No appropriate facility is available and the club cannot afford to do it themselves. Sad because unlike you and me clubs can take a long view with respect to property ownership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Have Shams ever deservedly lost a game under Bradley? It seems every time they lose or draw a match it's because the other team was lucky :pac:

rq8eMUg.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Rovers allowed 1000 fans tonight

500 from season tícket holders
    And 500 fans

Because they are a fan based club.

I don't know Samantha Librare kept a straight face.

So ticket holders aren't fans. Now you know.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Have Shams ever deservedly lost a game under Bradley? It seems every time they lose or draw a match it's because the other team was lucky :pac:

rq8eMUg.jpg

Probably were robbed in the cup final too 🙄

joeysoap wrote: »
    Rovers allowed 1000 fans tonight

500 from season tícket holders
    And 500 fans

Because they are a fan based club.

I don't know Samantha Librare kept a straight face.

So ticket holders aren't fans. Now you know.

How many season ticket holders do Rovers have? It’d be more than 500 right? Insane if some of them can’t go but non-season ticket holders will get to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

The points made by both Drumcondra and Home Farm was they want to keep all their teams in the Drumcondra area but currently cannot. They don't want to be going to Phibsboro or Santry. The redevelopment of Tolka including a full size hybrid pitch helps both clubs keep their teams in the area.

Good points also being made about the Shelbourne and Bohemians women's teams who have not been factored into the Dalymount move. Shels have a number of internationals who ply their club trade in Tolka. Is the expectation is for athletes of their stature to downgrade their playing environment to the Oscar Treanor or the AUL?

Why can't the womens teams play out of Dalymount as well? Too many games on the pitch is that it?

I'd have though ( in a normal year anyway) well North th of 1,000

6 o'clock news

joeysoap wrote: »
    I'd have though ( in a normal year anyway) well North th of 1,000

6 o'clock news

I suppose we’d need to hear the full situation before launching into criticism.

Well LOITV is working so far at least! Derry just seem to have music on a loop until close to kickoff. Dundalk have a pregame show with Chris Shields.

Hopefully it's stable now.

edit: Couldn't use the chromecast option on my PC. It wouldn't load the stream on my nvidia shield. The chromecast option works if I access loitv.ie from my phone though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Anyone watching the Rovers game on LOITV? Is it almost unwatchable for you too, with the stops and starts of the stream? :mad:

eire4 wrote: »
    Why can't the womens teams play out of Dalymount as well? Too many games on the pitch is that it?

Bohs women currently don't play in Dalymount despite a load of pr last seasoned when they played a game there.

• Advertisement

fatbhoy wrote: »
    Anyone watching the Rovers game on LOITV? Is it almost unwatchable for you too, with the stops and starts of the stream? :mad:

Yeah I've had a few freezes. Dundalk's much lauded stream setup from pre-season is also having some framerate issues. Derry v Bohs has been the only flawless one so far.

Hopefully all the issues are ironed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Bohs women currently don't play in Dalymount despite a load of pr last seasoned when they played a game there.

OK so if Bohemians women played games at Dalymount on a regular basis that would be a step up for them. But again I am assuming given they would obviously be given the same access as the Shelbourne women that the issue if there is one is too many games on the pitch? Thus negatively affecting the pitch?

eire4 wrote: »
    OK so if Bohemians women played games at Dalymount on a regular basis that would be a step up for them. But again I am assuming given they would obviously be given the same access as the Shelbourne women that the issue if there is one is too many games on the pitch? Thus negatively affecting the pitch?

It's been brought up that it is something that has not been given consideration. I don't know the exact details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Yeah I've had a few freezes. Dundalk's much lauded stream setup from pre-season is also having some framerate issues. Derry v Bohs has been the only flawless one so far.

Hopefully all the issues are ironed out.

Yeah it's not so bad now. Hopefully they'll realise the demand and allocate more resources in the future at their end.

Good buzz watching this on the laptop with the Italy Turkey match on the TV in front of me too. Nice opening ceremony too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

fatbhoy wrote: »
    Yeah it's not so bad now. Hopefully they'll realise the demand and allocate more resources in the future at their end.

Good buzz watching this on the laptop with the Italy Turkey match on the TV in front of me too. Nice opening ceremony too.

:D:D I'm doing something similar. The mid-season break really should have been next weekend instead of last weekend.

The fai did what the fai do- namely restart the league on a night the euros start. Clubs should have known better , once a dummy always a dummy.

The Dundalk stream was brutal early on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Not sure how we're not winning here, should have scored right after the restart.

On a side note, I hate Derrys astro pitch. Awful.

Magilton is a bluffer. That’s been found out. Brutal. I could pick a better team. Kelly and Leahy for starters.

Perth is a shoo in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The Rovers stream was stop start until about 18 minutes, but been fine since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Rovers late goal incoming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Great to get a point in injury time tonight.

• Advertisement

Harps could've had a penalty there in injury time. Ball seemed to come off Hoare's hand.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Harps were well worth the draw when they equalised but then invited pressure and added time. Rovers should've won it late on, but it looks like when they look like scoring...they don't. Most of the late goals have come out of nothing...

The ref was the same as the Derry throw-in incident and he was on top of it tonight. There was not a blade of grass to be gained.

Best game I've been to for ages...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Which clubs had replays on LOITV tonight lads?

Yes from Wexford
    Edit:
    Yes from Derry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Yes from Wexford
    Edit:
    Yes from Derry

No in Galway, but the ten second rewind button was handier than the previous setup. The stream was flawless tonight too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No your not right. Nothing has changed. The club's ownership have nothing to do with this and have no comment to make. They are still supporting the move to Dalymount.

This is supporter and community driven.

Dont think I am dude, Shels got the FAI to help with the debts and now the fans are whinging.

best of luck......

Yes from Wexford
    Edit:
    Yes from Derry

Shams & Dundalk both had replays too.

They had a nice transition in Tallaght with the Shams crest going from left to right across the screen before the replay starts.

The player is also nice like Ben said. the +/- 10 second option is a godsend after the nightmare that was the watchloi player.

Magilton until the end of the season is looking increasingly likely unless last night's performance causes Bill to have a change of heart.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/doubts-grow-over-future-of-us-owners-at-dundalk-40529907.html

That Magilton contract will kill Dundalk even if peak6 were to pull out and forgive the debt 'owed' to them. According to McDonnell he's earning 6 figures which is outrageous. 3.5 years left on the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Magilton until the end of the season is looking increasingly likely unless last night's performance causes Bill to have a change of heart.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/doubts-grow-over-future-of-us-owners-at-dundalk-40529907.html

That Magilton contract will kill Dundalk even if peak6 were to pull out and forgive the debt 'owed' to them. According to McDonnell he's earning 6 figures which is outrageous. 3.5 years left on the deal.

Big yawn at this stage. Dundalk p1ss away more cash while playing out of a dump shocker.

Big game tonight for ourselves after Shams drawing last night. Drogheda put it up to us last time and I'd expect more of the same. Be a real test of the forward options without Romeo and I presume Kenny is out doing his leaving cert.
    Haven't been overly impressed with De Vries but likely he'll start.
    Would bite your hand off for a jammy 1-0.

Big yawn at this stage. Dundalk p1ss away more cash while playing out of a dump shocker.

It's like a car crash. I can't look away.
    Big game tonight for ourselves after Shams drawing last night. Drogheda put it up to us last time and I'd expect more of the same. Be a real test of the forward options without Romeo and I presume Kenny is out doing his leaving cert.
    Haven't been overly impressed with De Vries but likely he'll start.
    Would bite your hand off for a jammy 1-0.

I would happily take a point for the reasons you've stated, although Kenny wasn't mentioned as being unavailable in the preview so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Annd9

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dont think I am dude, Shels got the FAI to help with the debts and now the fans are whinging.

best of luck......

Was this a dodgy Delaney thing ? Interested to hear about that if you have more info .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement