Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest League in the World 2024 [new thread available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Good win for us tonight. 3 points closer to European football next year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Dundalk looked a sorry bunch Duffy and Stanton aside. Very much going through the motions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Fantastic win for Waterford tonight. Thought they showed bohs ar too much respect the other night. What a massive game now in Oriel on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Great win for Waterford. While Bohs made 7 changes from Friday, we'd love to have their squad depth. Tyreke Wilson in particular should be looking for a move - the best left back in the league last year.

We had a great third choice keeper to come in tonight, but we also had to throw in a 20 year debutant who was recently signed from a club in the Bahamas. We're heavily reliant on a small number of players.

Before Bircham arrived in the summer very few people would have thought it possible that Bohs would be just four points ahead of Waterford after 31 games played. He should get manager of the season if we stay up.

Dundalk fans - what happened with the three members of the backroom staff leaving over the weekend? Massive game for both clubs on Fri night.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

The trick with Bohs is just sit back and contain them, they won't be able to break you down. Then just hit them on the break, they won't be able to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Magilton on a 4 year contract while the likes of Shields, Duffy ,McEleney, Hoban etc are out of contract was madness

to make it worse Vinny and Magilton didn’t get on. By all accounts Vinney is leavin now anyway. I wouldn’t be stunned to see Leahy? Kelly etc at Shels next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Does anybody know when the tickets for the FAI Cup final will be on sale? And where they can be picked up? Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

He already works another non football role with ClubForce, his Shels salary wouldn't have been huge by any stretch at all.

Been rumours for months Duff was being lined up for the role, be surprised if it isn't him. Reynolds also leaving due to his gig with the FAI supposedly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Don't know when but it will likely be e-tickets. Both clubs will sell their allocations and there'll be some available from the FAI. Likely everything will be through Ticketmaster.

• Advertisement

From experience, the clubs get the worst tickets and the better tickets are released later (through the web)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The clubs are usually behind the goal No? Depends how you classify worst I suppose. For me the worst places in the ground are the premium level and upper tiers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Whats wrong with premium level seats, was behind the goal for the Rovers v Dundalk final and thought the view was great, along with bar access. Was at Rovers v Sligo final and had a seat about 6 from the front in the lower tier and watched most of the game on the big screen.

Wouldn't like upper tier ok as don't like heights.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

No atmosphere on premium level. Yeah the view is fine but so is the view on the TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Was in the Premium section for Rovers vs Dundalk in 2019 too, and the atmosphere was great.

Must have been a different section to me. I was at that match in premium level and atmosphere was crap.

Just remembering how cold it was that night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Yeah, thought it was brilliant atmosphere behind the goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭deisedude

How were the prawn sandwiches in the premium section lads? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I go premium as often as I can in the Aviva. Often you need a few pints in you to stomach the football on show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Bringing the youngfella's friend to his first ever Rovers match tonight with us.

Could be some night for your first ever match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Always go to the Premium Level as a neutral (2011 against Sligo & 2015 for the Women's were the exceptions) I usually have an Ireland ST to use... is it the same this year that Ireland STs get in complimentary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

No news on that yet. Last FAI ST were issued for 2019/20 which covered the 2019 Rovers/Dundalk final so hard to tell if ST holders will get in free for this one. ST holders have been getting discounts and pre-sales for recent Ireland games so I'd hope at minimum there will be discount for premium as it suits the FAI to keep the lower tiers segregated for the majority of both sets of home fans

The clubs ‘usually’ get behind the goals including the corners but the best seats are online

maybe it’s just me, but the premium area is really good. Behind the goals is alright - if you get the South stand, otherwise I would wait a few weeks. There will always be tickets available.

No one has a season ticket so I can't see being let in free. Might get a presale although I doubt they will bother considering it is not going (or at least very unlikely) to sell out.

Hopefully no restrictions are reimposed before then

Premium Level is great when you're a neutral. I had Premium Level seats for the 2018 final I enjoyed the match and the atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Pretty big news for us RE: re-signing Bolger. Wasn't expecting it as he said a while ago he wanted to try playing somewhere outside the LOI before retiring. Compeltely different team when he's on the pitch.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/sligochampion/sport/soccer/bolger-hopes-rovers-can-continue-to-progress-as-he-commits-for-2022-40994693.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

The Watch LOI stream for the Harps game is really poor tonight, is it the same on RTE?

Probably one of the least convincing 4-1 wins you'd see but it's three points and another step towards 2nd place and European Football. Great to see Smith get a hat trick, the first goal was super skill from Forrester to set up a sweet volley.

No, it's excellent quality. Have you tried the RTE Player for Rte's coverage? (Bit late now I know(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Whenever WatchLOI do show a game which is also being broadcast on RTE they use the AI camera the opposite side of the pitch because RTE need the gantry for their own camera, so that's why it isn't very good. Not sure why they can't get permission to use the RTE feed.

Haven't tried RTE Player in a long time as its historically terrible. Stream improved in the second half, unfortunately the comeback didn't materialise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Bohs adding to my grey hair collection this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lenny palmer

Shocking end to the game tonight. But uts been going on all season. Its not like its only new. No one to blame but the management. They have all season to train for it. And don't get me started on the use (or lack of) substitutions.

Bohs have surrendered a huge amount of points lately. 1-0 up twice v Derry, 1-0 up against 10 man Rovers, 1-0 up against Waterford, three points from the twelve available and could've easily been just the one.

Wasn't hugely sure of the win last night before the game, but it felt good in the end...

First: well done to Rovers. By far and away the best team in the league this year.

and well done to Shels too.

the playoff spot is clearcut.

waterford have 3 at home

finn Harps have 3 at home

dundalk have 2 out of 3 at home

waterford have to play c

finn Harps have to play longford

Dundalk have to play longford

the two McLoughlin referees displayed consistency last night. consistantly

bad that is. Pau McLoughlin gave a Rovers a corner for what was a stonewall penalty. While his namesake gave a free out for the Waterford goalie pulling Kelly down.

ita mad I know but if it wasn’t for the linesman’s decision Dundalk would now be ahead of Bohs

The playoff spot Isn’t clear

wartserford have to play longford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,935 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Feel bad for the team who finishes 2nd in the First Division. Bloody 3 games (maybe more if games are 2 legs) to get to the Premier Division

As a Waterford supporter really hoping to miss the playoffs as there dangerous to be in

I would be very surprised if 2 teams came up from the first division

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Was at longford v st pats friday night. Ref missed a definite penalty for Longford.id say longford will be happy to get back to the first division. I was very impressed with James Abankwah, hard to believe he is only 17. He will play at a higher level than LOI.

Post edited by pgj2015 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Depends who ends up in it. We (GUFC) can be very good and hard to beat on our day. We would be very disappointed not to end up in the playoff final too, we are better than the other 3 involved in the First. The 3 teams involved at the bottom of the Prem are there for a reason. No matter who ends up in it though the Premier division side will have the advantage and be quite strong favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ya we've played both UCD and Bray recently in EDP. We walloped UCD who were really poor on the night and just got past Bray in a fairly even game. It would be a failure for management if we don't make the playoff final, I think most would be understanding if we don't win it at that point. Not sure any of our fans have a team they'd rather play in a final if we did get there either. All three have their strengths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Shocking game in Finn Park.

The only relief is trying to make out what the commentator is saying. Brad Pitt in Snatch was easier to understand.

its been a real dogfight, conditions look desperate. Now Drogheda down to 10

Super game in Inchicore tonight, show that match to people considering going to the FAI cup Final and we'll have a huge crowd. We probably should have won with the amount of chances we created in the first half but if Tierney's fantastic strike been a few inches lower we could have lost that. Forrester was fantastic for the first 60 minutes, faded a little after that but he was excellent in general. Tierney is a cracking player for Bohs, never stops working and his pressing was excellent, took his goal well after a mistake by Barrett.

2 points dropped for Harps which is disappointing. Boyd getting stupidly sent off for reacting after the free kick was already won for Harps. Stopped any momentum they had in the closing stages, but even then, they missed a great chance to win it late on. A forgettable match in awful conditions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Poor game in Finn Park but happy with an away point.

The pitch is awful which makes it ha4d for both teams. McNamee was the standout player.

It's a missed chance for Harps. Games are running out for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That late goal for Sligo was a real kick in the teeth for the teams chasing 3rd.

Worst 45/60 I've seen from Bohs in a long long time. But when we scored we had Pat's on the ropes and should have finished it off. Pity the shed is gone.

Pats Bohs was an entertaining second half. Another two red cards in a Neil Doyle reffed game.

He's really stepped up to the plate. I'd wondered why Long had kept him on last season and beyond as from what I'd seen I wasn't impressed, he's still very young though and if he pushes on he could be a viable replacement for Georgie.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

His finishing can be very poor, but if he improves that he has everything in his locker to be a very good player at this level.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement