Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest League in the World 2024 [new thread available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭deisedude

Duff isn't the most likeable character. Seems to be constantly going around with a chip on his shoulder. Just shake the other managers hand for god sake and stop acting like a spoilt child

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Duff and Shels are the perfect fit

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

In your head, in your head, Clancy, Clancy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭PGE1970

He did the same with Kevin Doherty last season also.

It seems a rather immature thing to do.

In a 10 team division, he's running out of managers to fall out with!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I would argue that obsessing over handshakes is also not necessarily the most mature activity.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Shels might be in for a difficult season. Friday against Bohs will be an interesting fixture. Hard to see where the home goals are going to come from though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

You could understand being offended by being snubbed for one. If in your life someone refused to shake your hand it wouldn’t be taken well by 99% people.

Yeah we’re not in the best of shape. Under 2.5 is a relative certainty unless things change in a huge way.

He absolutely should have just done it and avoided these conversations.

They obviously don’t like each other and it’s merely a tick box gesture at this point that means literally nothing, but honestly, the last thing we need right now is people talking about us.

And given that people don’t like Duff, it’s going to have a whole different reaction to it, to if Devine and Russell have a bit of a beef and one of them is a bit immature about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

A great read.

Sounds like an absolute legend and gentleman.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Looks like trouble brewing on the ticketing for Shels Bohs on Friday night.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

In what way? A lot of Bohs fans are giving out but we've 2,400 members now and there are only 850 tickets. Anyone who wants a ticket will get one I've found and I haven't seen any of the lads giving out down in Ballybofey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Looks like the Dundalk/Hull discussions are dead. Bullet dodged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Reading that Bohs fans were buying tix in home end and even continued after a 2nd link for Shels season ticket holders came out

Honestly, it’s probably being made into more than it needs to be. Anyone who turns up in colours obviously won’t get let in, and anyone who shows up without colours and is relatively inconspicuous about it, who really gives a f*ck?

• Advertisement

Home tickets have been on sale a while now, if they haven't sold out sure Shels will get the extra revenue. There's always a few Bohs fans in the main stand anyway.

Yeah, I assume everyone has sat in an away end and had to avoid going wild for a goal at some stage.

Obviously if you’ve people trying to get in wearing colours or being vocal about their support in the home end, they’re probably gonna get removed to keep the peace (especially since lots of our fans are agitated about the situation), but otherwise who gives a f*ck really.

Personally I wouldn't enjoy sitting in the wrong end. I'm there to get excited. If I hadn't got a ticket I had gone to watch in the bar in Dalymount .

Hopefully it's policed appropriately and there's no issues like last time (no crowd trouble but was at Tolka 30 mins early and still missed kick off due to queues getting in)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Been in the wrong end a few times. It's really not an enjoyable experience, unless you are a passive type of fan. I'm rather vocal, hence why it wasn't enjoyable and not something I will be doing again if I'm honest.

Yeah, it’s not the best, but people know what they’re signing up to when they buy the ticket etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

It's a growing issue in this fixture, Bohs fans in the home end. Shels fans starting to get annoyed with it. Bohs fans have kept quite enough so far in the home end, when Shels fans going bar and that, but it won't take much for trouble to kick off if they do act up imo. Rivalry definitely starting to get bitter again since Shels re-emergence and the games last year, can feel it in the ground.

I think Bohs will win it though. Shels still not clinical enough. They'll huff and puff and bring the game to Bohs, but will be hit on the break by an improved Bohs. I hope I'm wrong, but Shels didn't put in the investment to kick on from last year. Can see a lot of missed chances from Shels, who once again come out the wrong side of a result they should of got something from.

This should of, could of and nearly stuff is frustrating from a Shels point of view, but will continue to happen as we lack that bit of quality to execute the gameplan and vision. Money is there from various sponsors and money from America, but the club have chosen long-term stability which is understandable. Will need to invest though to push on!

Most happy with being back, but still hard to swallow watching others win the league and challenge knowing that's our rightful place though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

ive sat besides ‘away’ supporters of Bray, Sligo, Bohs and Derry over the years ( in the supposed allocated seat section 🙄) and had many conversations with them. The Derry supporters even wore Derry colours!! But I also remember a Monaghan supporter causing a row because he insisted in sitting in someone’s seat! It’s funny what you find out. The Sligo supporters didn’t know Benson, the Bohs supporters were cheering on Akinade, and the Derry supporters wondered how much we were paying Kenny. Every time Bray got the ball the supporters got excited.

ive also seen sponsors abused because they told to sit anywhere.On European nights my seat was always ‘gone’ when I went to it- this despite the club saying it would always be kept for a certain time(I think it was 7.30) on those nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Looks like the only ones that though the Hull deal was on was……………………….. Hull

Think you are right on who will win on Friday and I fear a relegation battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭trashcan

Shels rightful place 😀😀😀😀😀. That would be the first division !

Ticket issues with Dundalk Pat's game aswell. Online sales suspended. If you want a ticket you need to goto Oriel

Assume this is because away was sold out and Pat's fan trying to buy home?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,610 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Is Rovers v Derry on TV or just the LOI TV site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

We're only on Week 3, and the LoI is already delivering the kind of nonsense we all love.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Over 7200 tickets sold , top two teams going at it in first big game and rte have no interest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah, not surprised.

But did I read rte are showing rugby tomorrow night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭deisedude

They are showing the Munster game which if we are honest about it will get more viewers even if the 2 matches were on RTE1 and 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

Dan McDonnell made a good point about this in his weekly preview on independent.ie. It would already have been known when the fixtures were announced that RTE were showing the rugby tonight. Maybe Rovers v Derry could have been fixed for a different night when RTE were available. His point was that if you're only getting 18 games a season on TV get the best 18 games on. I'd slightly disagree with that because you'd want all teams to get some exposure and a bit of regional balance etc but I see his point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

If the point of showing LOI games on TV is as an advertisement for the league then you consistently get the big games with packed stadiums on TV. If it's a community games approach of everyone gets a look in then you throw on any game whenever which is what's happening now and no one seems happy with it. The first approach has the most chance of eventually leading to TV deals and increased TV coverage. The current approach maintains the status quo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

It’s heating up at Tolka , come on shels

Trouble delaying kick off! WTF is wrong with those idiots!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

City 2 up at the break - we might get off the mark with a few points tonight!

Cracking first goal - around 35 yards out at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

One of the commentators for Harps is gas, constantly saying OH for every little thing harps do in bray half.

Lovely equaliser just now

There was a load of Shels fans standing in the part of the stand where normally you'd have a few Bohs fans when I walked in to the away end. Kicked off just before KO. Apparently our President and COO were kicked out of the ground. Great hospitality.

Shels fans baiting the head off each other again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Unbelievably bad performance from us. Lewis and Odumosu were particularly toxic but everyone was terrible.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

One of the worst red cards I've ever seen given, and that's saying something.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Just want to post about the absolutely beautiful symmetry for Cork City tonight.

Healy scores, assisted by Crowley.

Crowley then scores, assisted by Keating.

Keating then scores, assisted by Varian.

Varian then scores, assisted by Healy to take it full circle and close the loop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Think he said it for both teams! Had a few repeat sayings.

Was a young lad, may have a bit to go on commentary training. Probably nervous on his first game too

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement