Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest League in the World 2024 [new thread available]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Not sure where I read it but I think Kelly to Pats is only a loan deal, so he would probably come back to Dundalk and also wouldn't be eligible to play against them.

joeysoap wrote:
    That makes more sense, Hoban and McMillan not getting any younger. Georgie is a natural striker, bit like Hoban in style, maybe doesn’t work as hard ( Hoban to be fair works his socks off ( and then some). 29 today

Ah, you thought Georgie was leaving for good? It's only a loan. I think it's a good move all round.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Ah, you thought Georgie was leaving for good? It's only a loan. I think it's a good move all round.

Georgies contact is up in November, so hes gone unless he has agreed to an extension (due to everything with poor Harry RIP over the past few days club hasnt said anything)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Georgies contact is up in November, so hes gone unless he has agreed to an extension (due to everything with poor Harry RIP over the past few days club hasnt said anything)

Yeah, that's a fair point.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,253 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Quick question re: the streaming service. Is there any way to watch the matches from a smart TV? I usually like having my laptop open so would rather stream from a TV and not have to screen share from the laptop. Could probably do it from the phone if the matches can be watched via a phone?

I went onto the internet app on my TV, logged into the site no problem. I am hopeful that it should be as simple as clicking on the game when it becomes live or for catching up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can probably Chrome Cast to most Smart TVs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Can probably Chrome Cast to most Smart TVs too.

The whole poit of a smart tv is you don't need anything like chromecast, any tv with a hdmi port will work for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

sugarman wrote: »
    You dont have to screen share.

If you use Chrome browser on the laptop you can just cast the video itself from a tab and carry on as normal using the laptop.

Wow I did not know that! Would make life very handy. Cheers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

wadacrack wrote: »
    The lack of testing is a concern with the prevalence of the virus likely to increase.

What lack of testing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Amirani wrote: »
    What lack of testing?

Covid

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

wadacrack wrote: »
    Covid

There's tonnes of testing capacity at the moment. They literally can't find enough people to test right now. 99.6% of all tests done are negatives now, and they're still doing thousands per day (but well under half of available capacity).

It won't be down to any lack of Covid testing that will be causing issues with League of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Amirani wrote: »
    There's tonnes of testing capacity at the moment. They literally can't find enough people to test right now. 99.6% of all tests done are negatives now, and they're still doing thousands per day (but well under half of available capacity).

It won't be down to any lack of Covid testing that will be causing issues with League of Ireland.

Teams aren't getting tested at the moment. This can spread asymptomatically as I'm sure you are aware by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Anyone know how many subscribers the streaming service have? Must sign myself up... don't have a team anymore thanks Pat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

David McMillan has signed back with Dundalk after a fairly unspectacular time in Scotland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

He definitely stepped up to the plate when Hoban left. But that was then, this is now. Most supporters I know prefer Georgie. He might be back, but I doubt it.

We have loaned out quite a few in recent years. ( Lofeta to longford recently too) and very few returned

On the other hand quite a few have returned from UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

David McMillan has signed back with Dundalk after a fairly unspectacular time in Scotland

Brought in to design the revamped Oriel Park?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Brought in to design the revamped Oriel Park?
    that gave me a good laugh:D

shanec1928 wrote: »
    that gave me a good laugh:D

The thread has gotten very boring since Keane & Vieira were sent off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Any other season ticket holders waiting for the watch LoI code from Rovers?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Pretty much all of them. Due out today or tomorrow or so I've been informed.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

DvB wrote: »

Thanks, I was worried it was just me

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

The thread has gotten very boring since Keane & Vieira were sent off.

Or since city turned to sh##e ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I know Shels mentioned it was a manual process to email out the codes to ST holders and it took a couple of days...

joeysoap wrote: »
    Or since city turned to sh##e ? :)

Still in your heads I see.

Still in your heads I see.

We miss you :)

We miss you :)
    Admitting it is half the battle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

DvB wrote: »

Just got mine

Just got mine

As did I. Happy days.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm giddy that football is back tomorrow. Can't wait.

I know we're probably still sh*te, but 5/1 for a Rovers win at the Brandywell tomorrow seems too good to pass up given the circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

So who can stand outside their stadiums and watch the match?

Derry fans at the graveyard.
    Pats in the playground.
    Bray from the bridge/ gate.

Im sure there will be a few.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Rovers fans in the Wicklow mountains.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

dreamers75 wrote: »
    So who can stand outside their stadiums and watch the match?

Derry fans at the graveyard.
    Pats in the playground.
    Bray from the bridge/ gate.

Im sure there will be a few.

Im led to believe quite a few were planning on watching from behind the town end goal in Oriel over the wall, but the club have been onto the Gardai and they will not be letting anyone back there

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Not sure on the validity but reading tweets that the FAI have told First Division clubs they can’t charge for any streams and product they create by themselves.

Surely it can’t be true?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Not sure on the validity but reading tweets that the FAI have told First Division clubs they can’t charge for any streams and product they create by themselves.

Wouldnt be overly shocked. Dunno if they've done anything to help the FD clubs get through this whatsoever, an afterthought as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

It's true. FD games weren't being covered by watchloi but they still said they'd split the overall income between the 19 clubs. Told if they wanted their games streamed they'd have to set it up themselves which they did and then told them yesterday they can't charge fans for it.

Nothing stopping them selling something which so happens to include a free code to the stream. Limerick did it before by offering a free beer when you bought a burger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

This is unfortunately the level of brain trust you're dealing with when it comes to the LoI.

They don't want First Division clubs 'competing' against the official offering.

Obviously, if First Division clubs were allowed to stream their own matches on PPV, the casuals who would otherwise slap down their hard earned cash for a watchLOI sub would discover the delights of Cabinteely vs Longford Town at ten quid a pop and never look back.

Combine that with the huge cohort of hardcore Wexford FC fans who, in the absence of live coverage of their own side, will now happily rush to purchase a (virtual) front row ticket from the powers that be, so that they can savour the mighty Waterford FC taking on all comers over the remainder of the season.

At least, I assume that's the though process behind the decision...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Bohs fans in the Joy.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

damemcd wrote: »
    Bohs fans in the Joy.....

Dalymountjoy

FAI sent a cease and desist to Pats before COVID for their commentaries, our 11th year :(:mad::(:mad:

Didn’t get my pass yet, but as the match is on d telly not bothered yet, the club have had their hands full with the week that’s in it.

Good luck everybody (except pats and Rovers)

I have a feeling the break did Harps no favours

• Advertisement

Have the same feeling about Rovers. To be fair we were motoring nicely when the break came & confidence was high, now after a 4 month break who knows how we'll play.
    Think Dundalk will win handily enough tonight, Pats will raise their game for the derbies but cant see them being much of a threat to yourselves, especially in oriel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Didn’t get my pass yet, but as the match is on d telly not bothered yet, the club have had their hands full with the week that’s in it.

If you've a Gmail account registered with them make sure to check the promotions tab. Mine was sent there but I didn't get a notification about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Cork City announce the signing of strikers Kit Elliott on loan from Huddersfield Town and Scott Fenwick from Blyth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I got mine yesterday. I'd email the office if you still haven't got it

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Cork City announce the signing of strikers Kit Elliott on loan from Huddersfield Town and Scott Fenwick from Blyth.

This Fenn thing wont end well .

• Advertisement

4 f*cking months and our defenders are still injured.

https://twitter.com/sligorovers/status/1289226252633677824?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Stream quality looks good. It's great to have proper football back. Cans and loi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Ok so far, obviously work in-progress and trialing still going on with the sound/picture

Stream quality looks good. It's great to have proper football back. Cans and loi

Video is great but they have to stop f*cking with the audio. Sounds like they tried pumping in crowd noise from a German stadium at the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Sound has gone once or twice and the odd glitch (could be my internet in fairness), but overall I am very impressed. It feels like watching a game on RTE, I was worried it would be like watching one of those betting streams.

Derry are really struggling to make anything happen in the Sligo half.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement