Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest League in the World 2024 [new thread available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Drumpot wrote: »
    Shame to see Tolka so empty. Was there any indication of when LOi teams might be able to have a few fans back?

I’d love to get a game in this year if possible,

Anybody else having sound interruptions on the web for the shels game?
    Government Phase 4 whenever/if that ever happens, max 500 including players/coaching staff/referees/TV crews etc

And yes sound being lost intermittently in the Shels game

I see the 5 month layoff hasn't changed a thing still giving away stupid embarrassing goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Ohmeha wrote: »
    I see the 5 month layoff hasn't changed a thing still giving away stupid embarrassing goals

Was a messy goal, Waterford look more likely to add to their lead, they look better on the ball and comfortable with a quick counter.

Has to be a straight red for Griffin

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Has to be a straight red for Griffin

Looked like a two footed challange. Hard to make out sometime with limited angles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

How is the stream and coverage? Out and about atm, so can't watch it.

Glad to have some action back at Tolka anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jesus, we have not played a minutes football there. Huge changes needed at the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The Ballybough end would look so much better if they just ripped out the rest of the rotten seats. Any reason it hasn't been done? The end is condemned so they can't be used anyway.

1f9a43c6f95de93d9818a463efeb8c5b.png

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jay1988

CSF wrote: »
    Jesus, we have not played a minutes football there. Huge changes needed at the break.

Awful, we look way off the pace, some of the lads look like its the first time they've ever met the others.

Absolutely ecstatic Shels are only 1-0 down at H/T, that first half performance was like going back in a time-machine to 2013

Sheppard, Dobbs, McManus, Cetiner need to be subbed, I can forgive the latter two because they are only kids and shouldn't have been put on the pitch in the first place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jay1988

Oat23 wrote: »
    The Ballybough end would look so much better if they just ripped out the rest of the rotten seats. Any reason it hasn't been done? The end is condemned so they can't be used anyway.

1f9a43c6f95de93d9818a463efeb8c5b.png

I'd be afraid if they started pulling anything else up out of it the whole thing would collapse underneath them :pac:

jay1988 wrote: »
    Awful, we look way off the pace, some of the lads look like its the first time they've ever met the others.

It’s my first time watching this team play and I don’t see an awful lot to be excited about. Is this just an off day or is this the general level they have been playing. Waterford look so much better on the ball and there’s not an awful lot of creativity in the shels team, very much looks like when they get the ball there’s no real cohesive structure or plan to their attacks.

jay1988 wrote: »
    I'd be afraid if they started pulling anything else up out of it the whole thing would collapse underneath them :pac:

Can’t believe tolka is still pretty much the way it was when I used to goto games! Take the stand away from the left end and it’s identical to what it was like in the 90s

That’s much better from Shels, bit more about them. Done more in this 10 then anything in the first half.

Waterford look more likely to score. Shels gone back into themselves the last 10
    Minutes.

Too little too late from shels. They don’t deserve a point, score is a fair reflection of game.

6 mins of injury time.

Lots of huffing and puffing from Shels but no real bite. Waterford looked better on the ball and more dangerous in the final third. 1-0 was a well deserved result for Waterford.

There's no going back to betting streams after this. It's too good. Even a lower cost version of WatchLOI next season with one camera and remote commentary done from RTE's studios would be fine.

I will miss the arguments on here though whenever something controversial happens like a red card or a dive for a penalty. It would happen Friday night and arguments wouldn't end until Monday night when MNS is on.

No idea what the gameplan was there. Truly horrendous football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Karl Sheppard is stealing a living. Said it last year when he played for us, and I say it again.

• Advertisement

5% better from Shels in the 2nd half with the inevitable changes that had to be made, otherwise Waterford just about deserved the 3 points as they were the marginally better of two absolute sh-yte football teams.

I remember a good few months back some on here arguing the declining average goals per game in LOI was due to "quality defenses on show", hilarious stuff, textbook example today of the attacking/creative crap that wouldn't have been good enough in the First Division 10 years ago

Otherwise on a positive note WatchLOI was mostly solid and will only improve

No idea what the gameplan was there. Truly horrendous football.

So it wasn’t just me, looked kind of clueless at times, retain possession at the back and then lump a ball up or across field. For long periods of time there was No obvious trained tactical patterns of play, just kind of like it was “go out there and wing it lads”.

Some poor GK distribution at times. Kicking too long or kicking quickly when there was only one or two Shels players in the Waterford half.

If you just watched the 90 mins (like me), you’d think Waterford were favourites, the better team, coached much better with a more identifiable tactic. They were far better on the ball and their attacks looked more purposeful.

We looked like a team who were trying not to score. I do not actually believe that was the case, but that’s how bad it was.

Watching that style of football on a stream in an empty stadium is not gonna be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

2-0 Rovers, Jack Byrne bossing the game so far. Finn Harps looking poor it could get embarrassing for them.

First time using the streaming service , I'm very happy with the quality so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Enjoyed that even if second half was mediocre at best.......worth the money.On last nights viewing I think Pats will definitely be taking points points of us, they will be there for a Europe spot at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Cant fault the quality of LOI watch. Very good production but I think most realize that we dont necessarily follow the league for the standard of football.Theirs obviously leagues with far better teams technically. The LOI needs fans back pretty quickly. Its a far far greater experience attending games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭Underground

Have to say very impressed with the quality of the WatchLOI product so far. Hope it gets the take up from fans it deserves as the league has needed it for a while. I'll certainly be keeping it next season for the away games.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

damemcd wrote: »
    Enjoyed that even if second half was mediocre at best.......worth the money.On last nights viewing I think Pats will definitely be taking points points of us, they will be there for a Europe spot at least.

Went well for Rovers. Most important lesson from the Derry/Dundalk games was the slow starts and playing in first gear.

Rovers pressured early, got goals and then they can see out the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Have to say very impressed with the quality of the WatchLOI product so far. Hope it gets the take up from fans it deserves as the league has needed it for a while. I'll certainly be keeping it next season for the away games.

I've been living abroad for many years and this is the first opportunity I've had to stream games (RTE Player, you're having a laugh). I think its a great service, and hopefully its here to stay even after life goes back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

I've been living abroad for many years and this is the first opportunity I've had to stream games (RTE Player, you're having a laugh). I think its a great service, and hopefully its here to stay even after life goes back to normal.

I totally agree. Hopefully this is something that is here to stay. Indeed hopefully the packages are expanded to offer a good range of options. I must admit I prefer just one for Bohemians and I am sure there would be others like me who would just want a package for their own teams games. There could be of course the league wide package as is. Then maybe other levels that would include cup games and or first division games.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Poor stuff from Derry last night. Think the penalty was harsh but we didn't look like scoring anyway. Hopefully the new signings will show a bit more promise.

On a funny note, enjoyed seeing one of our more enterprising fans making sure he got to see the match.

20200801-231245.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

For the package that lets you stream the games RTE and Eir Sport are showing, I'm assuming you'd need a VPN as they'd be blocked to Irish based viewers in the Republic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

We looked like a team who were trying not to score. I do not actually believe that was the case, but that’s how bad it was.

Watching that style of football on a stream in an empty stadium is not gonna be fun.

As someone who's not a fan of either team I went from watching it, to having it on in the background, to just turning it off. Waterford weren't great, but jesus Shels were brutal !

If they continue to perform like that, they'll be relegated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,253 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Big Ears wrote: »
    As someone who's not a fan of either team I went from watching it, to having it on in the background, to just turning it off. Waterford weren't great, but jesus Shels were brutal !

Bottom 5 are in danger really. Depends on who picks up a bit of of form and the head to head games will be huge. City tomorrow will be fun, rarely been so confident of losing a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Very very bad. The starting 11 was bonkers too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Anyone find that the picture a bit dark on the Watch LOI when casted?

Also is Talbot injured for bohs

Poor start from Cork, or McNulty in particular.
    c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Anyone find that the picture a bit dark on the Watch LOI when casted?

Also is Talbot injured for bohs

Casting to my Nvidia shield and video looks fine for me. Not dark at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Oat23 wrote: »
    Poor start from Cork, or McNulty in particular.

Casting to my Nvidia shield and video looks fine for me. Not dark at all.

Casting from the phone will try the laptop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Dreadful performance from Shels yesterday.

Waterford never looked in trouble.

Awful goal to give away.

Streaming was excellent, even on a big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Home teams 1 ( and in reaity it was never in doubt empty stadium or not)

Away teams 3

Sums up empty stadiums for me anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

joeysoap wrote: »
    Home teams 1 ( and in reaity it was never in doubt empty stadium or not)

Away teams 3

Sums up empty stadiums for me anyway

It's a bit early to conclude that yet. The teams who played much better than the others won or should've. If the roles are reversed next week or Derry and Pats tomorrow, then maybe..

Rovers II had a great chance to get a win over Drogheda today, 2-0 up against ten men and drew 2-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Delighted with Bohs win down in Cork. McGuinness is every bit as competent as Talbot imo and should feel justified to be in the starting XI, regardless of knocks. Great stuff from Bohemians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Omackeral wrote: »
    Delighted with Bohs win down in Cork. McGuinness is every bit as competent as Talbot imo and should feel justified to be in the starting XI, regardless of knocks. Great stuff from Bohemians.

Will be very interesting to see how the game goes Friday against Dundalk. Dundalk will know their league hopes are on the line so they will be as motivated and up for the game as it gets while for Bohs it will be a real tell tale marker as to how close to the top 2 Bohs are or can get this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/Quinner61/status/1290222290953740288

bad news conisdering not many cases in ireland atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The only thing that might save us (Derry City) this season is the fact that Cork & Harps are around.

Can't see us getting anything out of our trip to Pats today. Not having seen the 2 games on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

MD1990 wrote: »

As long as it's an isolated case and not spread to teammates it's not that big a deal. Test the rest of the team, if they're negative let them continue to play, and it'll have only meant postponing the game a couple of days.
    Not enough fans allowed in for it to be an inconvenience to them.

MD1990 wrote: »

Rovers have announced that the game has been postponed now.

https://twitter.com/sligorovers/status/1290231911999127552

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

As long as it's an isolated case and not spread to teammates it's not that big a deal. Test the rest of the team, if they're negative let them continue to play, and it'll have only meant postponing the game a couple of days.
    Not enough fans allowed in for it to be an inconvenience to them.

The Waterford player may not have the virus. He has not been tested yet.

If he is positive it could be a problem if they travelled on a bus to the game with a positive case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Harps v Shels could be called off too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Speculation around the place that he doesn't actually have any symptoms, but he's newly signed and came from abroad, so they've postponed the match (under the guise of suspected covid) until he can play.

Very bad form if so. Hope it's not true, because it would be a sh!tty move. I also hope he doesn't have it though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement