Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest League in the World 2024 [new thread available]

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

What's the point in sending Ollie off, he's just there in the empty stand 4 foot away like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Cape Clear wrote: »
    According to urban legend Jim allowed Tom to sleep on his couch more than once. Tom always refered to him as Mr Mc Loughlin.

Obviously don't see him now, but I aw him at home matches last year. Struggling a bit now. Legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Bohs are doing very well.
    Poor side to watch but work very hard & are organised & have pace on both wings.

May do ok in Europe on the counter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Harps officially bottom now. We're 3 points clear and will be level with Derry if Shels beat them later. City are staying up :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Sometimes you have to grind these out. We didn't play well at all but a win is a win.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Neither great there... Feel we have improved since the first games after the restart, defensively at least but just lacking quality and incision in that final third.
    Hard to see us staying up right now

The break definitely didn’t Harps any favours. Dundalk either, flying before the break, limping now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Happy enough with that point for Shels considering it was looking like at a another defeat. Better performance but the final third is a struggle for us and Morris still doesn't know his best starting XI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Happy enough with that point for Shels considering it was looking like at a another defeat. Better performance but the final third is a struggle for us and Morris still doesn't know his best starting XI

Thought they looked more dangerous in second half. Nice free for the goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Wonder can St Pats be the first team to take points off the league leaders. They’ve been dodgy at the back but Dublin Derby at home on a tight pitch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

All Rovers but they just couldn't score. Deserved draw for the 10 men,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Happy with that result after been down to 10 men for most of the second half. The lads dug in superbly and O'Donnell's switch to a five man midfield worked out well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Not a bad result on paper, but not a good performance second half.

Four/Eight points still. Two 0-0s against O'Donnell, the difference between Pats' organisation with ten men compared to Waterford's was considerable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Yes, but a couple of years ago Rovers couldnt get out of Richmond with a point on most visits.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

damemcd wrote: »
    Yes, but a couple of years ago Rovers couldnt get out of Richmond with a point on most visits.....

Was yesterday Rover's cup final?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Ah yeah, thats it now.......Dundalk to win the league by twelve, Bohs second......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

#greatestpubleagueintheworld

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Nice tribute to Harry ( who would have been in Hungary)

https://youtu.be/z4REsUTahag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Looks like matches are going back behind closed doors.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Looks like matches are going back behind closed doors.

Was only Finn Harps let some in anyway was it not?

• Advertisement

Was only Finn Harps let some in anyway was it not?

Galway and Wexford let some in I think also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

sugarman wrote: »
    Think Shels did too going by Soccer Rep last night.

Yep. 50 season ticket holders allowed in v Derry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Lots of teams have been letting in up to 50. Cork, Sligo Rovers and I believe Pats also are another 3.

Rovers haven't yet posted anything on social media about the 50 drawn to attend tonight's game not being allowed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Oat23 wrote: »
    Lots of teams have been letting in up to 50. Cork, Sligo Rovers and I believe Pats also are another 3.

Rovers haven't yet posted anything on social media about the 50 drawn to attend tonight's game not being allowed in.

There’s a Government Press conference expected shortly. Hopefully they’ll have rejected that particular NPHET proposal

Probably won't take effect until midnight anyway so I'd say Rovers wouldn't be bound by it.

eigrod wrote: »
    There’s a Government Press conference expected shortly. Hopefully they’ll have rejected that particular NPHET proposal

I know 2 fans in Mayo whose names were pulled out of the ST lottery to attend tonight :o

They've probably left for Sligo by now since it's an 17:45 kickoff.

edit: Just saw the message above and you're probably right. It's usually a midnight thing when rule changes are announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Really would be doing something for the sake of something that one. Our covid officer did a 2m analysis of Finn Park and you'd have got c850.... And we hardly have the biggest ground... (Not sure was that total or just fans)

At least it's not like any club was making money on the fans in. Was just season ticket draws.

Rte have a little tracker of where cases are coming from in their feed and no sign of sports.... Still the pub that makes you buy a bowl of chicken wings for the table will be ok...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

When they say all sports events, how will this affect games in the local park?

Hopefully its not as drastic as it sounds

Could clubs offer substantial meals to offset the risk of catching the virus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

As someone who got to the Shels game, I’m feeling all the more blessed after them going crazy on that. Surely 200 is not unreasonable?

How did the ref manage to get the placement of this freekick so wrong when he was right there. A freekick for a backpass is awarded where the keeper takes possession of the ball, correct?

b23f6be24edea76421a2ef3ac094ed36.png

c52bd303275bbc76fdbab82599de3b30.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

How did the ref manage to get the placement of this freekick so wrong when he was right there. A freekick for a backpass is awarded where the keeper takes possession of the ball, correct?

b23f6be24edea76421a2ef3ac094ed36.png

c52bd303275bbc76fdbab82599de3b30.png

Where the ball is passed from I thought.

dan1895 wrote: »

If it is then the freekick is even further away as the backpass happened here :D

0f0fe065660f052cdcf179284428471f.png

All rules are based on the assumption of competent officials.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Bray streaming their game vs Rovers 2 on their FB page - kickoff 1945 - https://www.facebook.com/BrayWanderersFC/

dan1895 wrote: »

Should be from where the keeper picks up the ball as that's where the offence is committed.

Shocking first half from Rovers but we were much better in the second.

https://twitter.com/SSEAirtricityLg/status/1295792810982101001

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

You felt the winner was coming. They had 2 great chances in the previous 5 minutes, thought the 'og' was actually in.

• Advertisement

Ronan Coughlan's celebration. #GreatestPubLeagueInTheWorld

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Linfield were unlucky ( I suppose)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Should be from where the keeper picks up the ball as that's where the offence is committed.

That makes sense but always thought it was from where it had been passed from.

On the 6 yard line if it’s in the 6 yard area , otherwise it’s where the goalie handles

Very rare to see it happen, never mind given.

Uefa pretty quick getting this year’s figures out. ( to date, big boys haven’t joined yet)

https://www.football-coefficient.eu/money/#money-club

Linfield guaranteed over €1m once again ( by taking part in the prelim round) even if they are beaten next time out. I know they got a bye but Irish teams should beat the other teams in that round and its extra money if they do,

Dundalk 1 down.
    Had been playing very well but poor from Gartland and Rogers for the goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

That's why gartland hasn't been starting. Always has a mistake in europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I know Dundalk haven't been playing badly but I find it hard to see them scoring, never mind twice, unless it is from a set piece or something. They settled into the game well and the trio of Duffy, Colovic & McEleney are players that could make something happen but they haven't looked like creating too much. Hope I am wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Gartland has been a liability in Europe for years now unfortunately. Rogers not far behind him.

[QUOTE=Ferris_Bueller;114357742]I know Dundalk haven't been playing badly but I find it hard to see them scoring, never mind twice, unless it is from a set piece or something. They settled into the game well and the trio of Duffy, Colovic & McEleney are players that could make something happen but they haven't looked like creating too much. Hope I am wrong.[/QUOTE]

Yeah apart from Duffy not much as happened.

But Dundalk have a strong bench with McMillian,Oduwu & Kelly all who can come on.

Terribly sloppy goal to give away but I'm surprised Gartland started tbh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement