Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest League in the World 2024 [new thread available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Link to Rovers match please.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

NIMAN wrote: »
    Irish awful in Europe so far.

We were unbelievable, they were 1/7 at the start, they are 250 places ahead in the ranking, they didn't score from open play and we had chances to win, there was nothing awful about that performance tonight. In normal circumstances we'd be taking an away goal back to Dalymount and only the lottery of penalties was the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Thinks Burke's goal was good but I barely seen it the stream is choppy.

The stream is awful so far. What I feared watchLOI would be like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

We were unbelievable, they were 1/7 at the start, they are 250 places ahead in the ranking, they didn't score from open play and we had chances to win, there was nothing awful about that performance tonight. In normal circumstances we'd be taking an away goal back to Dalymount and only the lottery of penalties was the difference.

Apologies, I didn't see the game, only made my comment based on Irish results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

I'd be very annoyed if I was paying a 10er for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Hate this nonsense.

Penalty shootouts are not a lottery.

It's been proven that teams, and players that consistently practice taking penalties, are successful at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

osarusan wrote: »
    Link to Rovers match please.

Not worth a tenner

They definitely lowered the bit rate shortly after kick off, but since then, it's been fine for me.

Just watching it in the window though. It'd look awful in full screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Hate this nonsense.

Penalty shootouts are not a lottery.

It's been proven that teams, and players that consistently practice taking penalties, are successful at them.

Very true . Penos aren’t like a toss of a coin -There is skill involved in a good pen

Burke is playing well, he looks the most dangerous so far

• Advertisement

Stream has completely fallen over now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Stream has completely fallen over now.

Fcuking joke of a stream. Muppets :mad::mad::mad:

Stream is just broken now. won't get past 28 minutes

Looks like it MIGHT be back

It's their first attempt that I'm aware of a full stream themselves. Only been rebroadcasting someone else's feed previously.

They probably should have just only given this to Members/ST holders, and not charged, but can't blame them for trying.

It's their first attempt that I'm aware of a full stream themselves. Only been rebroadcasting someone else's feed previously.

They probably should have just only given this to Members/ST holders, and not charged, but can't blame them for trying.

Can completely blame them for charging 10 euro for the game when they haven't tested the stream before. This is going to put people off paying in the future and advertisers

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Liberta Per Gli Ultra

We were unbelievable, they were 1/7 at the start, they are 250 places ahead in the ranking, they didn't score from open play and we had chances to win, there was nothing awful about that performance tonight.

He was going for the traditional LOI fan's response to bad results in Europe; wait until the final whistle of a game he didn't watch and then post something dramatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

What is the story with Mandriou not playing for Bohs lately?

As usual with the big pub team, gargled

Not a bad first half from Rovers , hopefully, they can build on that in the second half. I think the last couple of games they've been lacking confidence but that first half performance might help them. In saying all that I could see the ref deciding this one, haven't been impressed with him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Rovers 2-1 down now.

looks like Ilves are gonna set back and defend the lead, Rovers haven't been good at breaking done teams lately. Burke looked the only player that can score from distance and they've taken him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Looking like another poor European campaign for LOI teams, if were not careful the likes of N Ireland, Wales, and Luxembourg will start to overtake us in coefficient

ANNNDDDD the streams gone again.......... if i had hair i'd be pulling it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Ah feck this, I'm packing it in. Crap stream, crap match and crap performance from Rovers. Horrible year for LOI clubs in Europe.

• Advertisement

Somebody scored a goal, the slideshow hasn't shown me who yet.

Pico makes it 2-2

Pico Lopes.

2-2

Didn't get to see it though, because the stream is borked.

it's basically radio commentary with the odd picture

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

How many people are watching the Bohs stream? 1.3k watching Shamrock Rovers.

There was 1.5k at one point I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just glad I didnt have to pay for this stream, shocking quality. Basically a series of stills with commentary from Con & Robbo.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

1.7k was the highest figure I saw, for the Rovers stream.

Rovers down to 10, Scales sent off for doing something...probably some sort of foul who knows. Could spell disaster for Rovers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

simonw wrote: »
    There was 1.5k at one point I think

1.6k was the peak.

1.6k was the peak.

I saw 1.7, stream seemed okish at 1.4

That's quality, 15 grand for each club from the stream, shows the demand for it

Extra time best Rovers could have hoped for after the sending off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

1.7k was the highest figure I saw, for the Rovers stream.

Assuming 1000 of the 1700 are paying a tenner that's 10 grand, but they wouldn't pay a few hundred quid for enough bandwidth. :rolleyes:

Glad I didn't bother now, but I assume they'll be giving refunds to everyone anyway.

Yea if they can provide a stable service. Rovers messed up here should have been free for everyone to test the service, then charge once they know they can provide a service.

Stream gone again.... I think they got the RTE player lads to do a nixer here.

• Advertisement

https://inplayer.com/ look to be the providers. Would assume they assured them they could provide the service.

Rovers stream was available free of charge to club Members, 2020 Season Ticket holders, volunteers, all SRFC National League players and coaches from U13s to First Division squad and also to the families of the First Team squad and staff.

Given that, probably not too many of the 1700 were paying.

It should have just been the above with no paid option, until proven.

Hindsight is always 20/20 though.

Unfortunately, it's 2020, the year of Murphy's Law made real.

We paid a fair bit for the rights to stream I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

Rovers fans outside the stadium - class. Shame about the stream quality.

We paid a fair bit for the rights to stream I believe.

Oh yeah not 15k profit, but when it was advertised as a tenner, I was worried it wouldn't get traction

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Looks like it's heading for a penalty shootout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

FT in ET, penos it is.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Coleraine just knocked out Maribor on penalties. Incredible result really.

Rovers heading to penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Some result for Coleraine to beat Maribor

Jack Byrne saved.
    Jair hit post for Ilves.

2-2 after 3 penalties each.

• Advertisement

4-4 after 5 penalties.

Sudden death

Now 6-6. Tension.