Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest League in the World 2024 [new thread available]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Lafferty makes it 7-7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

8-8 now.

Will be heartbreaking for whoever misses now.

Jesus I'm not even a rivers fan and I'm finding this stressful

Both keepers score! 9-9.

9-9

Keepers time!

• Advertisement

11-11 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

This is madness.

SAVED. Rovers with a chance to win it.

O'Brien scores!!! Rovers win 12-11 on penalties. Ridiculous!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Delighted for them.

• Advertisement

Congrats rovers fans what a finish

Rovers win 12-11 on penalties.

Didn't get to see any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Jaysus the stress of that.Great result with 10 men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Get in.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Me either, followed this thread and livescore.

And even my nerves were wrecked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Coleraine and Rovers thru on pens.....who said you can't practice and be good at them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Rovers should be hammering that lot, let's be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

Rovers win 12-11 on penalties.

Johnny Ward had them live on his Instagram. Over 300 watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Unreal shootout . Fair play Rovers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

NIMAN wrote: »
    Me either, followed this thread and livescore.

And even my nerves were wrecked.

Watched it on live score tracker with a tick to indicate a goal and x for miss. Fascinating in its own way. Well done Rovers, nerves of steel going second every time with the shootout continuing on so long

• Advertisement

Like I said earlier, not a lottery.

For the cup final, I knew if it went to penalties we'd win.

Felt the same tonight, but Jaysus that was stressful.

I filled in the contact form on Inplayers site, and they've processed my refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

That was fairly known. Fyffes were taken over by a Japanese company who moved their distribution headquarters to Balbriggan and their office is in Dublin 7. Their premises in Dundalk is closed and on the market.

https://www.mcardleauctioneers.com/new-products/ramparts-road-dundalk-

https://www.mcardleauctioneers.com/new-products/ramparts-road-dundalk-co-louth-

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

joeysoap wrote: »
    That was fairly known. Fyffes were taken over by a Japanese company who moved their distribution headquarters to Balbriggan and their office is in Dublin 7. Their premises in Dundalk is closed and on the market.

https://www.mcardleauctioneers.com/new-products/ramparts-road-dundalk-

https://www.mcardleauctioneers.com/new-products/ramparts-road-dundalk-co-louth-

Dublin 7 you say?

:):)

Don’t forget they’re now Japanese

Draw for the next round of the Europa League is on Monday.

Dundalk seeded in the Champions Path. Shamrock Rovers unseeded in the Main Path.

Dublin 7 you say?

That link didn’t work

North Anne Street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Hate this nonsense.

Penalty shootouts are not a lottery.

It's been proven that teams, and players that consistently practice taking penalties, are successful at them.
    Also the enormous on the spot 'clutch' pressure penalty takers have to handle is another huge skill behind winning or losing shootouts, footballers rarely ever experience such individually focused pressure like it during a regular 90 minutes/extra time

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rovers should be hammering that lot, let's be honest

There's absolutely nothing to base that on. A debatable penalty and a red card is plenty of excuses to lose any game.

No hard luck stories.

It's a huge morale boost to get through. Would've been an awful mood around with the streaming debacle, recent league results and home European exit.

• Advertisement

well done to Rovers and Coleraine. Coleraine got 9 yellow cards. Probably fined for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭spoonerhead

Rovers the best team in the land, dealt with them penalties with expertise just like the cup final last year. Missing the first one turned out to be a stroke of genius! False sense of security always works well.

Thankfully one through, has to be said we could’ve had 3 teams through this week based with nothing in the games I’ve watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Rovers the best team in the land, dealt with them penalties with expertise just like the cup final last year. Missing the first one turned out to be a stroke of genius! False sense of security always works well.

Thankfully one through, has to be said we could’ve had 3 teams through this week based with nothing in the games I’ve watched.

Two through - Dundalk are also in the next round of the Europa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Two through - Dundalk are also in the next round of the Europa.

Dropped down to, didnt progress through though, slight but important difference.
    I doubt Dundalk saw themselves as going through.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

• Advertisement

Turned private :pac:

always the way :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Right thing to do giving refunds otherwise it would have put people off paying again. These things can happen they just need to make sure they address the problem for the next stream.

I do feel they should have addressed it during the game and told the commentary team to do radio commentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Martin Connolly steps down from Dundalk board and his position as company secretary. Wasn't he one of the few Irish based directors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Corholio wrote: »
    Martin Connolly steps down from Dundalk board and his position as company secretary. Wasn't he one of the few Irish based directors?

The only one according to Daniel McDonnell. He is staying on in his role as COO.

McDonnell has a 2 page spread about the goings on at Dundalk in the Indo tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Brother of one of the previous owners

Dundalk through and through.

Prominent at every match in Oriel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Some goal fest in the FAI Cup tonight.

Athlone Town 5-3 Wexford

Galway Utd 2-5 Shelbourne

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

joeysoap wrote: »
    Brother of one of the previous owners

Dundalk through and through.

Prominent at every match in Oriel

Are they getting ready to pull out or are we going to see a major relaunch of their concept/management/team at Oriel.

That has been some week, trainer team out (new lads on 3 month contracts), 12-18 players out of contract and Martin off the board. Is he making space for someone else coming in at the end of the season?? Maybe a CEO/MD, maybe a Director of Football......or is Bill going to sign a team of players state side, manage them, train them...pick the team....manage the business side of the club from his Florida hide out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

https://twitter.com/ShamrockRovers/status/1299632884798509056

Enjoy maybe not throughout, but definitely in the end. A couple of close ones there.

dfx- wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ShamrockRovers/status/1299632884798509056

Enjoy maybe not throughout, but definitely in the end. A couple of close ones there.

Good timing because the stream from Thursday night is only going to penalties now

Are they getting ready to pull out or are we going to see a major relaunch of their concept/management/team at Oriel.

That has been some week, trainer team out (new lads on 3 month contracts), 12-18 players out of contract and Martin off the board. Is he making space for someone else coming in at the end of the season?? Maybe a CEO/MD, maybe a Director of Football......or is Bill going to sign a team of players state side, manage them, train them...pick the team....manage the business side of the club from his Florida hide out.

:):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Oat23 wrote: »
    McDonnell has a 2 page spread about the goings on at Dundalk in the Indo tomorrow.
    Just read it there fascinating read, pretty much politics, power struggles and overall just fawlty towers stuff going on. Hard to know exactly whether it's all 100% true which I'd have doubts but one way or other it's clear there is a toxic environment in that club

The story about the Celtic friendly in Glasgow is crazy apparently there were proposals to get around the 14 day quarantine including playing the under 19's against Pats, calling the Pats game off or putting the players in the YDC for the 14 days with bunkbeds installed was the most hilarious one

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Just read it there fascinating read, pretty much politics, power struggles and overall just fawlty towers stuff going on. Hard to know exactly whether it's all 100% true which I'd have doubts but one way or other it's clear there is a toxic environment in that club

The story about the Celtic friendly in Glasgow is crazy apparently there were proposals to get around the 14 day quarantine including playing the under 19's against Pats, calling the Pats game off or putting the players in the YDC for the 14 days with bunkbeds installed was the most hilarious one

Wasn't much new info in it I thought. It basically confirmed a lot of the stuff being said by others though.

Th extra.ie article by Philip Quinn on Wednesday was dismissed by many as b*llocks but I thought someone like Quinn has been around far too long to make up/repeat wild accusations. Dan McDonnell and some other respected LOI journalists are now saying a lot of the same stuff so it must all be true which is mad.

Is this the first live game shown from Cobh apart from any streams they might have done themselves?

I think they skipped TV entirely and went from radio straight to OTT streaming :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement