Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest League in the World 2024 [new thread available]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Rovers 3-0 FT

Very easy, could have had 6

Cork are as bad a team as I have seen

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

City poor again, but we didnt expect anything out of today's game to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

F*ck me that was some load of sh*te at Inchicore. Desperate 0-0 for a neutral.

Pats a little unfortunate not to take all 3 points after hitting the post twice. We were really poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

Oat23 wrote: »

Pats a little unfortunate not to take all 3 points after hitting the post twice. We were really poor.

Should have won that but we just cannot score atm. Kelly has a shockingly bad first touch, can see why Dundalk let him go on loan. Sligo for a team in such good form were awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Ist division is bonkers. Cóbh hóckeyed by UCD who in turn hocksyed last week after scoring 8 the week before. Bookies benefit division.

While we are at it, could we invent a special Division for Drogheda, one between the Premier and 1st division? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

joeysoap wrote: »
    While we are at it, could we invent a special Division for Drogheda, one between the Premier and 1st division? :rolleyes:

Put Bray and Harps in it too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Ist division is bonkers. Cóbh hóckeyed by UCD who in turn hocksyed last week after scoring 8 the week before. Bookies benefit division.

First half red for Cobh at 0-1 made a huge difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I actually think we should play with no striker and 6 midfielders, our only performance this season came with that formation.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Put Bray and Harps in it too.

:) Finn Harps have won the first division only once though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Oat23 wrote: »

Poor performance but came away with a point. Ref shocking throughout. Both teams had cards they didn't deserve. Morahan will be a big loss next week, even in a poor team performance he stood out.

• Advertisement

The same referee who ignored two fouls by Liam Scales last week. Gartland was deemed to have fouled Kilduff by one ref, Scales was allowed to take a player down ( twice ) and a different referee sees nothing wrong. Inconsistency seems to be a badge of honour of some sort amongst referees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I actually think we should play with no striker and 6 midfielders, our only performance this season came with that formation.

It's won a World Cup. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,215 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Harps Derry game is shocking.
    If there's been a worse game in the loi this year I'm glad I haven't seen it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭overshoot

Poor indeed. Derry slightly better first but offered nothing second half until the last 5mins. Harps lack of incision really showed. Had more than enough possession to win but created little. When we did great through the wrong man on the end of it. Why we are where we are.
    Take the point anyway, shels and cork our next 2 games. May decide the season for us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It wasn't even the worst game of the weekend which was Pats v Sligo. At least Harps tried to get forward, just no cutting edge. Derry very very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

^
    Why was the Patricks v Sligo game so bad?
    Buckley's teams usually try to play good ball.
    Still very early in Stephen O'Donnell's first managerial role - Is it 4 or 5 games in a row without a goal now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

^
    Why was the Patricks v Sligo game so bad?
    Buckley's teams usually try to play good ball.
    Still very early in Stephen O'Donnell's first managerial role - Is it 4 or 5 games in a row without a goal now?

It's 5 games I think. In fairness we put Sligo off their stride on Saturday, usually Bucko teams have lots of possession and control the game but we did that instead. However, we are the blunt of blunt attacks as someone highlighted on the Saintsforum in O'Donnell's 18 matches in charge we haven't scored in 12 of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,215 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

dfx- wrote: »
    Derry very very poor.

Devine is killing any form of entertaining football in the team.

And he had the cheek to say this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54120865

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Is Dundalk's Europa League qualifer being streamed anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Most likely be on the Inter Club facebook page but I seen on twitter somewhere that the club are trying to sort something out, fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Most likely be on the Inter Club facebook page but I seen on twitter somewhere that the club are trying to sort something out, fingers crossed.

I think Dundalk have said they will be streaming the game themselves free of charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Will be streamed free of charge by the club. More details expected tomorrow or so....

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭irishmanmick

https://www.rte.ie/sport/other-sport/2020/0915/1165323-crowds-of-200-permitted-to-attend-sporting-events/

200 fans to be allowed spectate for grounds with a capacity of 5,000 & 100 fans allowed for stadiums smaller than that.

This won't apply in Dublin due to the higher cases, where Football will remain behind closed doors for now.

Wonder how the clubs will handle this? Be a challenge for volunteer run clubs especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Really disappointed with this news. Earlier reports indicated that it would be 500 allowed in.

We have 4 home games remaining, I'll be lucky to get to 1 now.

So 200 in Turners Cross and everywhere else 100 with Tallaght Stadium possibly moving to 200?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Zebra3 wrote: »
    So 200 in Turners Cross and everywhere else 100 with Tallaght Stadium possibly moving to 200?

Longford Town are fixing up behind the far goals (left of your picture on video) so should be fine for this too.

Really disappointed with this news. Earlier reports indicated that it would be 500 allowed in.

We have 4 home games remaining, I'll be lucky to get to 1 now.

10,000 fans at a game this weekend in Germany. That's the difference being a competent government will make

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54158181

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

10,000 fans at a game this weekend in Germany. That's the difference being a competent government will make

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54158181

Germany have a decentralised government and a lot of people think what is happening in Saxony is risky, so I'd hold off on the praise just yet. The decision to allow 10k fans in wasn't made at national level.

For example, in Hamburg no fans are allowed yet. Same in Bavaria. In Rheinland (Dortmund, Schalke..) only 350 are allowed.

One of the stands in Dresden was packed and half the people weren't wearing masks. There was obviously no system in place to carry out contact tracing either if it is necessary as Dresden are still having trouble identifying the fan involved in the Leistner incident.

I though it odd at first glance that Rovers , at home in Europe, were given until Monday to play their next LOI match and Dundalk, away in Europe ,were only given until Sunday for their match..

Then I thought, Dundalk might qualify and then they’d be away again , against Sheriff next Thursday and I thought, fair enough, Sunday suits better than Monday. But now I see that if they qualify Sunday’s match is off.

Odd.

• Advertisement

I though it odd at first glance that Rovers , at home in Europe, were given until Monday to play their next LOI match and Dundalk, away in Europe ,were only given until Sunday for their match..

Then I thought, Dundalk might qualify and then they’d be away again , against Sheriff next Thursday and I thought, fair enough, Sunday suits better than Monday. But now I see that if they qualify Sunday’s match is off.

Odd.

Rovers won't play Monday if they win tomorrow IMO

Just to show how fast the money builds up in the champions league.,Celje beat Dundalk and played Molde in the second round before Molde met Qarabag in the 3rd round. Both Celje and Dundalk got 560k for the first round match, Calje then got €360k for the match with Molde and which Molde won. Molde beat Qarabag and are already sitting on €6,400,000 prize money. If Molde win another Match that goes to over €15m. Which is peanuts to the big boys, but you can see why it’s tempting. That’s why it’s important to stay in the Champions League as long as possible.

Good luck to Shamrock Rovers and Dundalk later tonight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rovers won't play Monday if they win tomorrow IMO

They played Cork in the cup after Ilves and UCD after Brann last year. They probably would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Hopefully Dundalk get through tonight, playing one of the weakest sides any loi side faced.

Geez, what have Rovers done with Tallaght stadium! Cringe ... I actually feel bad for Rovers' fans & especially their players ... Not how they should be represented on such a massive occasion for them. Someone in the commercial dept made a terrible call to allow that betting company to do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Geez, what have Rovers done with Tallaght stadium! Cringe ... I actually feel bad for Rovers' fans & especially their players ... Not how they should be represented on such a massive occasion for them. Someone in the commercial dept made a terrible call to allow that betting company to do that

Yea I'm not sure how much PP are paying for the advertising but it could be a fair amount as it'll be shown in Ireland\Italy\Brazil and other countries. It is a bit cringy , I think people are getting sick of PP's advertising strategy. I don't think pissing off the Milan players is a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It’s the same embarrassing “bantz” that the the joe.ie crowd find hilarious. Same spanners that desecrated Ireland flags about communion money and sang to babies at the 2016 Euros in France. It’s all very playing the jester.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Omackeral wrote: »
    It’s the same embarrassing “bantz” that the the joe.ie crowd find hilarious. Same spanners that desecrated Ireland flags about communion money and sang to babies at the 2016 Euros in France. It’s all very playing the jester.

Exactly. I think the banners are cringy as ****, but they've been shared numerous times on social media, job done as far as PP are concerned, and Rovers get some sort of sponsorship from the game. Not ideal, but it is what it is.....

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Exactly. I think the banners are cringy as ****, but they've been shared numerous times on social media, job done as far as PP are concerned, and Rovers get some sort of sponsorship from the game. Not ideal, but it is what it is.....

Will they be taken down before the match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

I hope so

If that was Oriel, fans would have removed them overnight 100%

• Advertisement

Don't know to be honest.

Of course they would......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

It wouldn't surprise me if UEFA rules require it to be taken down before broadcast for some reason (e.g. UEFA not getting a cut of the money).

It wouldn't surprise me if UEFA rules require it to be taken down before broadcast for some reason (e.g. UEFA not getting a cut of the money).

Pretty sure it's only in Group Stages, betting companies ads are banned

Ahahahaha.

Your club is being run into the ground by an American investment firm and not one Dundalk fan has made any form of protest about it.

Yet they'd get upset about banners generating much needed revenue. :rolleyes:

Seriously, have a day off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

It's nice not to be the laughing stock for once this season. Keep it up Rovers I say!!

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Good enough for Spoilsports anyway, they are from Dundalk and sponsor Rovers.
    FWIW John Boyle (retired to Miami) disliked the league of Ireland and is a doggy ( as in Shelbourne park) and GAA man.

past tense, Boyle haven't been a sponsor for a while now. Rovers had PP on their sleeves a few seasons back.

Shallow enough pool of big money sponsors available to LOI clubs, even for a match with this kind of exposure... South Sudan Hoops delighted I hear.
    Ireland (RTÉ)

UK (RTÉ Player)

Italy, Japan (DAZN)

Sweden, Norway, Denmark (AFTONBLADET, VG, EKSTRABLADET)

Germany, Austria, Switzerland (SPORTDIGITAL BILD.DE)

Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary (SPORT1 [AMC])

Israel (SPORT2)

Slovenia, Croatia, Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro (SPORTKLUB)

Kazakhstan (KAZSPORT)

Brazil (ESPN)

Algeria, Bahrain, Chad, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen (DUBAI SPORTS)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The Zlatan one should be taken down. Official sponsors putting up banners goading a player during a game is not acceptable.

I think Rovers are ‘allowed’ to keep any tv money the get from Rte at this stage ( Rte probably making a profit one it ).

But later on the tv ‘pool’ money is serious, if you get far enough,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The Zlatan one should be taken down. Official sponsors putting up banners goading a player during a game is not acceptable.

Already removed.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement