Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest League in the World 2024 [new thread available]

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Nice way to finish the half for Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

5-0 now jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Any lingering doubts of where the league title was going before tonight are now gone.

8 point gap and far superior GD.

Just 18 points to play for.

Congrats to Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

6 goals 6 different scorers tonight for rovers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,115 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

We got rode by Rovers but can't dwell on it too much

3 big big games for us coming up and wins could really help us achieve 4th and hopefully Europe (please be a Rovers vs Dundalk/Bohs cup final)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Still ten points to get (GD and 42 points should be enough). It's not over yet.

But considering they played Dundalk and Bohs off the pitch and could be second had they held onto points, to win 6-1 and it could've been ten against the second best keeper in the league is pretty good.

Great to have Kavanagh back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Dundalk v Rovers will give us answer, fat lady hasn't sung....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Good win for Bray, fortunate to be 2-1 up but by end could've been 5/6. Huge game friday against Drogheda now

damemcd wrote: »
    Dundalk v Rovers will give us answer, fat lady hasn't sung....

If Rovers lose that they'd still need to lose another two games and Bohs would have to win all theirs.

Ain't gonna happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Zebra3 wrote: »

Congrats to Rovers.

Any Rovers fans want to start bidding for my Season Ticket for the last game of the season? (if fans are allowed that is...) :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

John Coughlan doing some job with Galway already. 5 league games and 5 wins

Down to ten men and a 99th minute winner against Cabinteely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

dfx- wrote: »

Great to have Kavanagh back.

Best left back in the league by a good bit. Thought his loss may have hurt you a little, how wrong I was.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭joeysoap

dfx- wrote: »

But considering they played Dundalk and Bohs off the pitch

I must have missed that

Dundalk received derogation to play in Moldova

Nice looking stadium. On our day we’re as good ( or bad) as Sheriff, but we haven’t been good in a long time. Who knows, maybe we’ll restart here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

joeysoap wrote: »
    I must have missed that

The 3-2 game where Chris Shields got turned inside out for Jack Byrnes winner ;)

Dundalk couldn't cope so they clocked up 5 yellow cards wasnt it?

You had one off the line late on , if remember. I wouldn’t call 3-2 being played off the park.

Not being fair to Sheriff. They have a fantastic set up. 11 outdoor pitches, stunning indoor one, and appear to have tennis courts as well, fantastic complex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

You had one off the line late on , if remember. I wouldn’t call 3-2 being played off the park.

Not being fair to Sheriff. They have a fantastic set up. 11 outdoor pitches, stunning indoor one, and appear to have tennis courts as well, fantastic complex.

it was in jest haha

it was a cracking game of ball that could've gone either way tbf,

deisedude wrote: »
    John Coughlan doing some job with Galway already. 5 league games and 5 wins

Down to ten men and a 99th minute winner against Cabinteely

Caulfield even. ;)

Certs to make the playoffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Caulfield even. ;)

Saw a Galway fan predict that here/on twitter soon after he was hired and thought it was said jokingly. They were well off the playoffs back then.

Is it a strong team who were underperforming before he arrived or is Caulfield working miracles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

• Advertisement

The keeper. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,214 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Some free?

It was a cross into the box, hit too hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

Caulfield even. ;)

Jesus, don't know how I got his name wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Zebra3 wrote: »
    The keeper. :o
    Lead in his boots

Don't call ús, we'll call you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

One of the perks of being owned by the mafia.

Or not being a handout society.

I’ll edit that

Spend more on sports

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

They are a state run team, essentially Transnistria's national team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I agree with much of what was said about WatchLOI, it has gotten a bit stale over the weeks. I can only speak for myself, but I think the First Division experience of clubs starting up their own streams has been pretty positive. It's generated a modest income (through fees & sponsorship) but most of all it's been a good fan experience, being self run.

I also find that more WatchLOI matches have technical hitches than First Division self-run ones. Obviously simpler tech being used, but the amount of games on WatchLOI I've tuned into with major audio problems is surprisingly high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

They are a state run team, essentially Transnistria's national team.

They have barely any Moldovan/Transnistrian players though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

They have been relatively successful in the Champions League for years, handy money...

They have barely any Moldovan/Transnistrian players though.

For their latest league match ( p10 w10 p30) they had 9 different nationalities in the first 11, and the subs that came on were from 5 different countries. Amazingly they were all different to the first 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The stadium Sheriff have is the kind of stadium all premier division league of Ireland teams should have, if most of our population supported the league and not the premier league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

pgj2015 wrote: »
    The stadium Sheriff have is the kind of stadium all premier division league of Ireland teams should have, if most of our population supported the league and not the premier league.

Their complex cost $200 million.
    20 years of Champions League qualifiers and a few Europa League group stages didn't pay for that.
    Apparently at the start they fancied themselves as a bit of an Eastern European Ajax that would finish off international players and sell them on to the bigger league's around them for big fees.
    The way its worked out is their teams packed with journeymen that play in an empty lifeless stadium (they average about 1500)that's too big for them and no one in their league can lay a glove on them.

• Advertisement

Not even Zimbru can touch them (a name to send a shiver down all Pats' fans!)

Still , wouldn’t we like that. ( to misquote a previous England manager)

A proper stadium, a stadium with a running track, 11 outdoor patches, an indoor pitch ( full size looking at photos). And throw in a few tennis courts.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sheriff+tiraspol&rlz=1C9BKJA_enIE784IE784&oq=shefiff&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.7144j1j7&hl=en-GB&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=BNdp5afutBZ_yM

They consider themselves Russian not Moldovan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has tested positive for Covid-19.

Might be a bit worried if I was Aaron Greene.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

I agree with much of what was said about WatchLOI, it has gotten a bit stale over the weeks. I can only speak for myself, but I think the First Division experience of clubs starting up their own streams has been pretty positive. It's generated a modest income (through fees & sponsorship) but most of all it's been a good fan experience, being self run.

I also find that more WatchLOI matches have technical hitches than First Division self-run ones. Obviously simpler tech being used, but the amount of games on WatchLOI I've tuned into with major audio problems is surprisingly high.

Good point. I havent seen alot of them, but have enjoyed the Drogheda and Cobh ones more so. Refreshing to hear the commentators actually know all the players names and can sense they are obviously vestly interested in the game. Commentary on LOIwatch like a chore to many except Con Murphy and Stephen Alkin is ok too.

If you speak Russian

https://youtu.be/hpHqcaPFD4I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

sugarman wrote: »
    Whats the story with Dundalks laola1 stream they linked on their Facebook? Telling me its not available in Ireland.

It's on Skorlive or download a vpn and set to Moldova for the stream

EDIT: Stream now working but desperate quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭sonic85

It's a fcuking joke you cant watch a big European game involving an Irish side on a decent source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Really poor job defending that corner.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Really poor job defending that corner.

Nobody marking him.

:rolleyes:

Desperate defending

Gannon off injured, Mountney on.

Talk about the United Nations

Players from

Croatia, Senegal, Nigeria, Moldova, Brazil, Romania, Colombia, Ukraine, Greece, Malawi, Switzerland, Finland
    Holland, Ghana, Bosnia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭sonic85

This stream seems to be much better.

Fair play thanks for posting that

GETTINNNN!!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement