Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest League in the World 2024 [new thread available]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

What a cracker of a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

what a game to have on tv.

huge boost for the league. Great game. Some superb goals.

Savage game.

MD1990 wrote: »

For the pile of tweets of the first Dundalk goal alone, it’s huge exposure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Big Ears

This game really is a great advertisement for the league. Both sides have their spells of dominance, plenty of ability being shown, some lovely goals, and a great atmosphere with the big attendance !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Some game..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Good game

Better team won

Poor discipline in thqt Dundalk team, 5? Yellows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Just back from it. Nowhere near a sellout. Hype. About 500 - 1000 empty seats all over the place.

As for the game, well, isn't it great to shut up those c'mon-de-town heads :pac:

GIRUY

KOH

Yeah true enough. Either the figures were all false about sales or a load of people didn’t bother going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Another huge win for Shels in an event that did not hugely qualify as an advertisement for the league.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Another huge win for Shels in an event that did not hugely qualify as an advertisement for the league.

Kevin Doyle seemed to be under the impression tonight that it was their first points of the season. Did they not win one already or am I imagining it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Ensley Fit Memento

Kevin Doyle seemed to be under the impression tonight that it was their first points of the season. Did they not win one already or am I imagining it?

Shels beat city on the first day

Good win for city and good 2nd half performance, Neil Doyle has to be the worst ref in the league, with the madness of originally giving Harps the goal and it took the lino 5mins to say that it wasnt

Dylan McGlade has to be the most frustrating player ever with all the showboating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The 3 separate videos RTE posted on Twitter and Facebook of the Flores goal have over 1.2m views combined so far. Good promotion for the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

Wont disagree with this. We were woeful and apart from one glorious chance to equalise created very little. Shels weren't any better but they took their chance and that's why they won.

Question for Shels lads, do ye produce a physical programme this season? I didn't see any sellers or copies around our end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭joeysoap

fatbhoy wrote: »
    Just back from it. Nowhere near a sellout. Hype. About 500 - 1000 empty seats all over the place.
    :)
    As for the game, well, isn't it great to shut up those c'mon-de-town heads :pac:

GIRUY

KOH

What do you want us to chant : c’mon-de- city?:) its a town, it’s been chanted for as long as I remember in Oriel ( admittedly louder in some years than others)

kksaints wrote: »
    Wont disagree with this. We were woeful and apart from one glorious chance to equalise created very little. Shels weren't any better but they took their chance and that's why they won.

Question for Shels lads, do ye produce a physical programme this season? I didn't see any sellers or copies around our end.

No this is the first year where it’s been an e-programme. Seems it wasn’t really a seller so I guess a wise decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bohs vs Shels next week is massive for both clubs. Can’t wait.

joeysoap wrote: »
    What do you want us to chant : c’mon-de- city?:) its a town, it’s been chanted for as long as I remember in Oriel ( admittedly louder in some years than others)

Nah, what I meant was I'm sick of yiz blowing yizzer trumpets like you're the best this that and the other everrrrrrrr

:pac: :eek: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Those sideline interviews are pointless

How has no one just said "F*ck off Tony"

MD1990 wrote: »

Quinn is on the Late Late Show now, hopefully it gets a mention from him. Though your average LLS viewer probably doesn’t know soccer exists unless Ireland are playing in a World Cup.

• Advertisement

Nah, what I meant was I'm sick of yiz blowing yizzer trumpets like you're the best this that and the other everrrrrrrr

:pac: :eek: :rolleyes:

:):):)

Wasn’t that what a certain goalkeeper said, very eloquently, too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

GIRUY

KOH

Did you think so? Seemed to be a few empty seats in main stand but I'd say it's because people went to the south stand, mainly people standing. I was in the east and stewards were repeatedly telling people there were no seats left. Dont know what it looked like from the far side though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

GIRUY

KOH

the tickets are stand specific and if people with season tickets for one stand don't show up, you can't resell their ticket. 7,522 is not far off a sellout.

Great hard fought win with the replacements showing good squad depth. The number of screamers scored against Mannus is off the charts. Great third goal, particularly satisfying for Byrne beating Shields.

Problem for Rovers is Sligo are next. No wins in Sligo under Bradley...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

No this is the first year where it’s been an e-programme. Seems it wasn’t really a seller so I guess a wise decision.

Shame, much prefer a physical copy of a programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Quinn is on the Late Late Show now, hopefully it gets a mention from him. Though your average LLS viewer probably doesn’t know soccer exists unless Ireland are playing in a World Cup.

They did and showed Flores goal, should have shown Byrnes for balance imo ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

dfx- wrote: »
    the tickets are stand specific and if people with season tickets for one stand don't show up, you can't resell their ticket. 7,522 is not far off a sellout.

Great hard fought win with the replacements showing good squad depth. The number of screamers scored against Mannus is off the charts. Great third goal, particularly satisfying for Byrne beating Shields.

Problem for Rovers is Sligo are next. No wins in Sligo under Bradley...

And if like the cork game I as a main stand season ticket holder went into the South stand it would mean empty seats in the main stand

Did you think so? Seemed to be a few empty seats in main stand but I'd say it's because people went to the south stand, mainly people standing. I was in the east and stewards were repeatedly telling people there were no seats left. Dont know what it looked like from the far side though.

The east stand seemed full for the Rovers allocation, but the cmon-de-town end could have got a good few more in. Don't know how much space was in the south stand because I was there and so couldn't really see, although I'd say there weren't any free seats. The main stand seemed to have a good few free seats, and there was almost a whole section free near the north end of it.

Fair play to Hoban giving us stick when he scored, and I kind of enjoyed the stick he got after that from us, although I thought we gave him a bit too much, although we all love a pantomime villian, don't we!?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,209 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Entertaining game in the Cross in spite of the conditions. One of those games where the crowd were well up for it.

Some promising signs for next few games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

**** shels....*****.

88269918_2905504396155661_5242862678396895232_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=0xZfjbooi-gAX8k76Kb&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=fd80d612f2b0d5fa4484f326ecd80257&oe=5EF11E9D

87860372_2905504519488982_517285324259328000_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=tDECK-KRBPwAX8lc_Si&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=173f1dc3628cdbc0cebb61b30ceee2a5&oe=5EF8E911

Absolutley despise everything about Shels, but it was good to be back on that terrace. They will be a loss to the league.

Des actually tweeted me multiple times during the match, thought he was dead (backstory me and Des set up the boards.ie football team back in the day shels ****)

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

What's the story with finishing off the tallaght ground embarrassing
    Will be OK when it's finished

Zico ! wrote: »

That end is fairly close to the N81 isn’t it? Did they leave enough room?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

GIRUY

KOH

We will still scream c'mon-de-town......Loud and Proud....

Called the result during the week, was clear that it was going to be a Rovers win. Now all Rovers have to do is make sure they keep it up and the money from Desmond will mean they have no reason not to win the LOI....yours to play for now.

As for Vinny...have a feeling he will be on up against it come May ish.....balance of the squad for how he wants to play doesnt seem right to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The council already have plans to develop the North Stand. Just has to go through the usual processes. Reckon it could well be in place for 2022.

Don't know how a modern stadium with three great stands is embarrassing though, when you look at other stadiums around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Flores goal lucky it was scored in a decent ground. Makes the perception of the league much better. Facilities obviously still a major problem , especially if people are complaining about the fact their was no north stand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

The council already have plans to develop the North Stand. Just has to go through the usual processes. Reckon it could well be in place for 2022.

Don't know how a modern stadium with three great stands is embarrassing though, when you look at other stadiums around the country.

It's a nice stadium except behind that goal will be better when it's finished way better than most grounds allright

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Did they present the trophy to Rovers after the match ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Real possibilty that dundalk and rovers could open up a huge gap between them and the rest.

They look miles ahead of anybody in third or fourth.

tastyt wrote: »
    Real possibilty that dundalk and rovers could open up a huge gap between them and the rest.

They look miles ahead of anybody in third or fourth.

Well yeah. They did that last season too. One team has a billionaire and the other has champions league money flowing in.

You can't expect other sides to keep up.

A two horse race would do.

• Advertisement

wadacrack wrote: »
    Flores goal lucky it was scored in a decent ground. Makes the perception of the league much better. Facilities obviously still a major problem , especially if people are complaining about the fact their was no north stand

Better perception certainly, Flores scored a cracker last Monday in Oriel with little fanfare.

https://youtu.be/vlm5e_TeJmU

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hardly embarrassing. When they do finish it off it will probably become the best loi stadium imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Hardly embarrassing. When they do finish it off it will probably become the best loi stadium imo.

It already is. It'll just be even better than the rest. If the new Dalymount ever actually happens it should be really nice too, but way smaller than it should be with pretty much no room for expansion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It already is. It'll just be even better than the rest. If the new Dalymount ever actually happens it should be really nice too, but way smaller than it should be with pretty much no room for expansion.

Turners Cross is a nicer stadium. All 4 sides have a stand, nice and compact and close to the pitch.
    Tallght is greatly let down by the gaping end behing the goal. Kindly like the Aviva in that regard, with one side being a complete let down.

I remember seeing plans for a new Dalymount around 10 or so years ago. It's still half condemned, I wont hold my breath. Dont get me wrong, it would be great to see, but.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    **** shels....*****.

88269918_2905504396155661_5242862678396895232_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=0xZfjbooi-gAX8k76Kb&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=fd80d612f2b0d5fa4484f326ecd80257&oe=5EF11E9D

87860372_2905504519488982_517285324259328000_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=tDECK-KRBPwAX8lc_Si&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=173f1dc3628cdbc0cebb61b30ceee2a5&oe=5EF8E911

Absolutley despise everything about Shels, but it was good to be back on that terrace. They will be a loss to the league.

Des actually tweeted me multiple times during the match, thought he was dead (backstory me and Des set up the boards.ie football team back in the day shels ****)

Looks like someone had a few to drown the sorrows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Which has the higher rating from UEFA? Does anyone have all Irish stadia and their UEFA rating by the way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Oat23 wrote: »
    Well yeah. They did that last season too. One team has a billionaire and the other has champions league money flowing in.

You can't expect other sides to keep up.

Just to put things right....Dundalks main owner is a billionare and we have CL money coming in!!! :D:D

Money doesnt mean everything however.....a wee bit of lady luck, 2 or 3 things fall into place and an average team could do either Rovers or Dundalk damage.

Just to put things right....Dundalks main owner is a billionare and we have CL money coming in!!! :D:D

Money doesnt mean everything however.....a wee bit of lady luck, 2 or 3 things fall into place and an average team could do either Rovers or Dundalk damage.

Your owners aren't financing anything though. They're using money you already had and money the club generates itself. Who owns Dundalk is irrelevant to the point I was making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Weird hearing everyone in work talking about LOI today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭sonic85

I meant to record the match last night but forgot before I left the house. Is there anywhere i can rewatch it? Dont think I could be arsed watching Soccer Republic for about a minutes worth of highlights

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement