Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest League in the World 2024 [new thread available]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

What a fantastic goal

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Deserved goal for KI. Dundalk have been atrocious since the second goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Desperate stuff the last 10 minutes or so. Done and dusted me hole

That's a shocking tackle by Hoban

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Faroe team well on top last 15 minutes and deserved their goal..Sets it up nicely for the last quarter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Dundalk starting to look very tired..
    Need changes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Dubs love complaining about Alan Cawley's accent when he's on the telly, but holy f*ck..Johnny McDonnell is on another level altogether. Unbearable.

tastyt wrote: »
    Commentators have decided to blame the non Irish lad on the Dundalk team for everything, colovic isn’t great at defending but the commentators would never go on about one of the Irish lads as much , just stupidly obvious

Dundalk playing themselves into trouble by passing in stupid areas

They didnt just decide among themselves hes been brutal - defensively especially but he hasn't been too hot going forward either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Oat23 wrote: »
    Dubs love complaining about Alan Cawley's accent when he's on the telly, but holy f*ck..Johnny McDonnell is on another level altogether. Unbearable.

Johnny has been very eager all evening. The missus was calving it over his accent earlier when he was first onscreen.

I'm a Dub and never even noticed Cawleys accent. Anfd im listening to him for years. Good podcast too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

If your 2 nil up in a massive European game , manage the game. Put the ball in the channels and play in their half , see it out.

Don’t think your Barca all of a sudden and have Rodgers giving it to Gartland in your own box from every kick out. A joke.

Not as if Dundalk cut them open for the goals, one high ball lifted into the box and a corner flapped at by the keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

That's a shocking tackle by Hoban

That’s a Dundalk tackle by Hoban

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭irishmanmick

Commentators have decided to blame the non Irish lad on the Dundalk team for everything, colovic isn’t great at defending but the commentators would never go on about one of the Irish lads as much , just stupidly obvious

Dundalk playing themselves into trouble by passing in stupid areas

He's been terrible defensively. He's a threat going forward, but today, has taken too much out of it on too many occasions. Been very poor today. Nothing to do with his nationality in fairness

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Completely different game since it went 2-0.

Lovely finish there

Great composure from Kelly.

Jesus christ. Should be 2-2, 3-1 instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Super finish. Great composure.

Against the run of play, but Dundalk won't mind!!

• Advertisement

I was just about to post that I wouldnt be surprised if Ki were able to grab an equalizer and then Kelly scored!

Have to say though I really feel there hasn't been much between these two teams. Ki were poor in the first half but they've been as good as Dundalk in the second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,935 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hopefully a sign of things to come for Irish football

Jesus that looked like a penalty.

Good save by Rogers. Dundalk have been poor for most of the second half. Fortunate to be two goals up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Few league of Ireland teams could do worse than throw in a bid for that big centre forward for Ki, some handful and would cause havoc in our league

Few league of Ireland teams could do worse than throw in a bid for that big centre forward for Ki, some handful and would cause havoc in our league

Prob have to quit his job first

• Advertisement

"Algorism"

sonic85 wrote: »
    I was just about to post that I wouldnt be surprised if Ki were able to grab an equalizer and then Kelly scored!

Have to say though I really feel there hasn't been much between these two teams. Ki were poor in the first half but they've been as good as Dundalk in the second

It's the age old problem for LOI teams in Europe (and often in the league). Irish sides just lack that ability to open up teams they are dominating. Dundalk were the far better side in the 1st half. To the point we were all wondering how Ki had got this far. First 2 goals were due to poor keeping

Watching the 2nd half and the difference has been Ki have been pushing bodies into the box. 3-4 players in box for every cross. Dundalk never had that many forward in 1st half. Hogan and wideman only for crosses.

Decent team are KI but lacking the killer instinct tonight. Dundalk did what they had to do. All that mattered was getting the job done. Fair to play to the town. Bumper pay day and maximum exposure for the club. Hats off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

€3 million incoming. Big Bill sure is doing a great job from his Florida crib......C´MON de Town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Massive congrats to Dundalk.

It’s great to see them make it back to the Europa League group stages.

• Advertisement

Well done to Dundalk, got the job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Congrats to Dundalk.
    Very jealous watching your team tonight compared to the muck we are served up.

Bad social distancing now though, Ronan Glynn won't be happy.

I thought the appointment of yer man was pretty funny, but he seems fairly clued in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Hon the Town!!!

Congrats lads!

Filippo has only been here a month and he has already accomplished more than Stephen Bradley.

Congrats Dundalk, €3 million richer too ye baxtards. Hopefully the FAI have a chat with the government about getting more fans into the stadium for the home games

Massive game tomorrow night for Waterford away too Derry and also Sligo vs Rovers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,275 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Well done Dundalk, great stuff, doing the LOI proud by qualifying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Great stuff. Well done Dundalk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭kksaints

Fair play to Dundalk. Did what they had to do tonight. They can look forward to the draw tomorrow.

Filippo has only been here a month and he has already accomplished more than Stephen Bradley.

We're happy with winning the league this year..And maybe the double. Enjoy ye're win but dont lose the run of yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Fair play to Dundalk.

Handy enough draw as one could hope for along the way but still had to do it.

Big one was knocking out Sheriff.

Tonight a stroll in the park by comparison.

Hopefully some fans allowed into the home group games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

KI were a lot better than the scoreline, a lot better than some people think too.
    We’ll see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Congrats Dundalk. Did what was needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

kksaints wrote: »
    Fair play to Dundalk. Did what they had to do tonight. They can look forward to the draw tomorrow.

You play the team you are facing ( as a Rovers fan correctly pointed out after Sunday’s massacre)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I was as sceptical as anyone at the appointment of Filippo but hard not to be delighted for the man. I can't see Dundalk pulling off any surprises in the group stages this time around but fair play to them for getting there!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Brilliant for Dundalk.

How did that Faroe Islands team put 6 past Dinamo Tbilisi? Were Tbilisi missing players? Any chance that some fans will be allowed in for the Group games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Delighted with the result, got a bit cagey when they pulled a goal back but I'm going to enjoy the draw tomorrow without the hasle of work 😀

We're happy with winning the league this year..And maybe the double. Enjoy ye're win but dont lose the run of yourself.

I'm just trolling. I'm not a Dundalk fan. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

I'm just trolling. I'm not a Dundalk fan. :D

Rovers in the draw tomorrow??? Surely as Irelands....:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Great to see an Irish side qualify. Will be interesting to see what group they get!

Is it open draw tomorrow for the groups or are their seedlings? Assume Dundalk lowest seeds if so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement