Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest League in the World 2024 [new thread available]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If to Windsor Park happens i hope Dundalk get destroyed in all there games and miss out on Top 4 in the league

Blatant disregard for football in the Republic Of Ireland

And you would prefer someone else in the top 4. Waterford maybe.?

Since Oriel clearly isn’t good enough, and Dundalk were refused the Aviva, surely the choice is theirs to make. Perhaps the GAA will throw the doors of Croker open :rolleyes:

With the IRFU not allowing the Aviva (as is their right), Dundalk shouldn’t even consider Thomond.

Fair chance they will lose all their matches. Nice if they get even I draw though.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭irishmanmick

What Dundalk do is their business but most if not all Dundalk fans want improvements to their shoddy ground. If they are going to be getting into Europe in future it would be nice to be able to host games in their own town. How many times have they had to come down.to Tallaght to play in the ground of one of their biggest rivals? Where else does this happen? Nobodys looking for a massive white elephant to be built in Dundalk. A nice 5,000 -10,000 would be fantastic. But we'll be waiting for that no doubt.

If only a publicly funded stadium was just approved for building in Dundalk - no wait, that exclusively for the use of the GAA! Plenty of great stadiums in Ireland built with Public funding, just reserved for one sport only.

BTW this is not me having a go at GAA, I'm a big GAA fan also, rather the government for not saying that any publicly funded stadium must be multi code. Especially regional stadiums!!

What Dundalk do is their business but most if not all Dundalk fans want improvements to their shoddy ground. If they are going to be getting into Europe in future it would be nice to be able to host games in their own town. How many times have they had to come down.to Tallaght to play in the ground of one of their biggest rivals? Where else does this happen? Nobodys looking for a massive white elephant to be built in Dundalk. A nice 5,000 -10,000 would be fantastic. But we'll be waiting for that no doubt.

Agree about a decent stadium. One of the ( main) problems with redeveloping Oriel is access. It’s only on one road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

joeysoap wrote: »
    Agree about a decent stadium. One of the ( main) problems with redeveloping Oriel is access. It’s only on one road.

Fair enough. How about start from scratch with a completely new build just outside the town somewhere with good access? A nice compact 10,000 all seater with good facilities? Doesn't seem too much to ask but can't see it happening.

Dundalk’s ‘ home’ European grounds

Oriel, Dalymount, Aviva, Tallaght, Tolka and United Park. Since 1963, ( because we had no lights) our next match (1967) was in Oriel.

Some cracking teams in Oriel over the years incl. Liverpool, Spurs, Celtic, Red Star,, Oporto, Ajax, Hadjuk, Bate etc ( and Rangers)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Fair enough. How about start from scratch with a completely new build just outside the town somewhere with good access? A nice compact 10,000 all seater with good facilities? Doesn't seem too much to ask but can't see it happening.

I know there’s probably a lot less chance of finding a suitable site but I hate hearing of teams planning grounds a little out of town. It’s what’s contributed to killing the likes of Kilkenny , Monaghan, wexford also will never have a walk up crowd.

Most loi fans love the walk up from town on Friday night, couple of pints before the match and the whole ritual.

Maybe Dundalk are big enough to survive losing that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Dundalk's population is about 33,000.

I don't see why they'd need a 10,000 all-seater.

These things cost serious money to maintain.

[QUeOTE=Chalk McHugh;114904518]Fair enough. How about start from scratch with a completely new build just outside the town somewhere with good access? A nice compact 10,000 all seater with good facilities? Doesn't seem too much to ask but can't see it happening.[/QUOTE]

Afaik they did consider a co ownership ground with DKIT but (also afaik) that’s where the GAA Ground is going now. Has to ‘walkable’ like Oriel

Zebra3 wrote: »

Agree, Even a redeveloped Dalymount won’t hold 10,000. And even Tallaght isn’t quite there yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭scouserstation

[QUeOTE=Chalk McHugh;114904518]Fair enough. How about start from scratch with a completely new build just outside the town somewhere with good access? A nice compact 10,000 all seater with good facilities? Doesn't seem too much to ask but can't see it happening.

Afaik they did consider a co ownership ground with DKIT but (also afaik) that’s where the GAA Ground is going now. Has to ‘walkable’ like Oriel[/quote]

Would Peak 6 have the financial clout to build a stadium within the town and use it as a sort of sustainable investment multi use venue? They could model it on what SDCC are doing in Tallaght and have it for commercial use as well as making it available to rent out for events and other sports

tastyt wrote: »
    I know there’s probably a lot less chance of finding a suitable site but I hate hearing of teams planning grounds a little out of town. It’s what’s contributed to killing the likes of Kilkenny , Monaghan, wexford also will never have a walk up crowd.

Most loi fans love the walk up from town on Friday night, couple of pints before the match and the whole ritual.

Maybe Dundalk are big enough to survive losing that

As close to the town as possible where fans could walk up then thats what i meant? What other options are there available? These are problems that could be overcome if there was a will to do it.

Afaik they did consider a co ownership ground with DKIT but (also afaik) that’s where the GAA Ground is going now. Has to ‘walkable’ like Oriel

Would Peak 6 have the financial clout to build a stadium within the town and use it as a sort of sustainable investment multi use venue? They could model it on what SDCC are doing in Tallaght and have it for commercial use as well as making it available to rent out for events and other sports[/quote]

Thats what im talking about. If there's a real will (and money) to do it im sure all the powers that be and money men could do something to get it done. There just doesnt seem to be which is a shame.

Agree, Even a redeveloped Dalymount won’t hold 10,000. And even Tallaght isn’t quite there yet.

I said 5,000 - 10,000 stadium in original post 9n matter. But doesn't Uefa require a minimum capacity to hold European games? 5,000 seems a bit on the small side for a town thats population could rise over the years. I thought it was 40,000 population anyway?

Just checked..Dundalks population was over 39,000 back in 2016. Probably over 40,000 now and growing. Of course it costs money but if you dont move forward you regress.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Extratime.com had an interesting report on league attendances from 2019: https://www.extratime.com/articles/24005/from-the-archives---extratimeie-league-of-ireland-attendance-report-2019/

Dundalk average attendance was between 2,705 - 2,878 between 2016 and 2019, so a 5k capacity stadium should be more than sufficient for a club of this size, with the potential to increase it to 7-8k in the future.

Rovers were on the cusp of 3k in 2017 and 2018 before hitting 3,445 in 2019. Cork alternated between 2.5k to 4.5k on alternate years.

If the FAI were a functioning organisation they'd have put a 10-12k seater stadium in somewhere like Abbotstown to accommodate big games for LOI clubs, underage internationals, the Ireland womens team etc.

• Advertisement

Changed times ( thankfully)

https://www.dundalkfc.com/history/dundalk-fc-in-europe/1979-european-cup-linfield/

https://dundalksport.ie/retro-1979-the-battle-of-oriel-park-when-dundalk-fc-met-linfield-in-the-european-cup-ae626814ab51

Dundalk have played Linfield many times now, the most recent a friendly a few weeks ago

Btw I would prefer Tallaght for all 3 matches if that is possible

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭scouserstation

Would Peak 6 have the financial clout to build a stadium within the town and use it as a sort of sustainable investment multi use venue? They could model it on what SDCC are doing in Tallaght and have it for commercial use as well as making it available to rent out for events and other sports

Thats what im talking about. If there's a real will (and money) to do it im sure all the powers that be and money men could do something to get it done. There just doesnt seem to be which is a shame.

Not too sure if the will to do it is there at the moment but I think their hand will be forced at some stage in the future as peak 6 have aspirations of qualifying for Europe every year, if Windsor is shot down that just leaves the Aviva and Tallaght but Rovers will get preference on Tallaght if they were to qualify for group stages going forward, which is looking like a strong possibility if Rovers keep developing the way they are

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I said 5,000 - 10,000 stadium in original post 9n matter. But doesn't Uefa require a minimum capacity to hold European games? 5,000 seems a bit on the small side for a town thats population could rise over the years. I thought it was 40,000 population anyway?

it's not just about capacity - it's media facilities, VIP facilities, floodlights, ticketing, photography, mixed zones, ref rooms, cameras, TV facilities - all things Oriel is dreadful on if you filled it with seats tomorrow.

dfx- wrote: »
    it's not just about capacity - it's media facilities, VIP facilities, floodlights, ticketing, photography, mixed zones, ref rooms, cameras, TV facilities - all things Oriel is dreadful on if you filled it with seats tomorrow.

Media - OK for loi, not for European Matchss
    Vip - non existent at oriel or indeed Tallaght.
    Floodlights could be brought up
    Ticketing - Ticketmaster for group matches as before
    Mixed zones?
    Rest rooms could be moved to ydc
    Cameras - very poor for big matches but OK for loi

My opinion

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Hopefully Uefa agree to letting us play in Windsor (word from the club is they are seriously considering it after hearing what Dundalk had to say) Plenty of ties this year have and will be played on nutural grounds so club are optimistic.

**** the IRFU, crying to the Govt for money but able to turn down rent on the stadium (which will prob be empty for at least another 12 months)

Tallaght would be fine but Windsor is just as good plus wouldn't need any work on it.

Was up at the friendly a few weeks ago and we were welcomed with open arms

• Advertisement

Hopefully Uefa agree to letting us play in Windsor (word from the club is they are seriously considering it after hearing what Dundalk had to say) Plenty of ties this year have and will be played on nutural grounds so club are optimistic.

**** the IRFU, crying to the Govt for money but able to turn down rent on the stadium (which will prob be empty for at least another 12 months)

Tallaght would be fine but Windsor is just as good plus wouldn't need any work on it.

Windsor as good as Tallaght? Have a good one lad. Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Windsor as good as Tallaght? Have a good one lad. Enjoy.

Windsor Park is better than Tallaght. Is that even up for debate? It's a level above any LOI ground since it's redevelopment over the past decade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

LOI Kit Pack for PES 2021. Full league file coming soon!

Preview above, Download link here
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/pqtjbq54l6buw30/LOI_PES_2021_KIT_PACK_VOL_1_by_itsHoggie.zip/file

Oat23 wrote: »
    Windsor Park is better than Tallaght. Is that even up for debate? It's a level above any LOI ground since it's redevelopment over the past decade

Im not talking about the stadium. Thought you'd have the cop on to realise that. Good for Dundalk if they choose to play their European games in Northern Ireland but if they do any goodwill i had for them will be gone. And if you think i'll be the only to think like that you'd be mistaken. Dundalk wont care by the looks of it so enjoy your trips to lovely Windsor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Im not talking about the stadium. Thought you'd have the cop on to realise that. Good for Dundalk if they choose to play their European games in Northern Ireland but if they do any goodwill i had for them will be gone. And if you think i'll be the only to think like that you'd be mistaken. Dundalk wont care by the looks of it so enjoy your trips to lovely Windsor.

I genuinely thought you were talking about the stadium.

I don't care about all the other crap that has gone on. It's 2020. As a Sligo Rovers fan I would like to see NI do well as Baraclough is in charge there. I hope they qualify for the finals. Time to leave all the other crap in the past.

1. Dundalk if given allowance off Uefa can play where they like.
    2. I can guarantee Dundalk as a team, fans and club could not give 2 ****es about goodwill from other LOI fans

Oat23 wrote: »
    I genuinely thought you were talking about the stadium.

I don't care about all the other crap that has gone on. It's 2020. As a Sligo Rovers fan I would like to see NI do well as Baraclough is in charge there. I hope they qualify for the finals. Time to leave all the other crap in the past.

The embarrasment of our league champions and European representatives choosing/having to play across the border in Northern Ireland is shameful to the League of Ireland. Well it is to me anyway but thats just how i feel about it. Everyone's different.

1. Dundalk if given allowance off Uefa can play where they like.
    2. I can guarantee Dundalk as a team, fans and club could not give 2 ****es about goodwill from other LOI fans

Lets hope Aubameyang knocks 10 past ye in that bastion of virtue that is Windsor Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

If only a publicly funded stadium was just approved for building in Dundalk - no wait, that exclusively for the use of the GAA! Plenty of great stadiums in Ireland built with Public funding, just reserved for one sport only.

BTW this is not me having a go at GAA, I'm a big GAA fan also, rather the government for not saying that any publicly funded stadium must be multi code. Especially regional stadiums!!

Helps when the chairman of the GAA is also a TD...who left FG very quietly to be independant. Know 2 local FG members who claim the stadium was part of the deal to keep him quiet.

Former owners looked at a greenfield ground. I know someone who seen plans, problems were: 1. overall cost, 2. financing based on LOI income, Europe isnt regular enough and 3. maintaining a new ground on LOI income

How or who should pay for it??? Why do you think Peak6 have been calling for major reforms within the LOI?? Income barely covers running costs let alone stadium financing. Time for fans to waken up...no LOI club will buidl their own ground in the next 20 years. Tax payers will have to cover it....problem in Louth is the county council only have GAA glasses on.

Finally, someone who sees it as it is.

Maybe that attitude is the very reason we will never see an all Ireland league, maybe it is the same logic which is holding football in Ireland back, maybe it is the reason more non Irish owners are needed running clubs. Dundalk is a town located in the middle of Dublin and Belfast...the Aviva is not available...why not move up the road instead of down it?? Dont Derry play in the LOI in a ground financed by the British tax payer?? Time to let go of the past and move on.....no place for politics in modern sport. In fact I would go as far as to say, both Dundalk and Linfield have built a very strong friendship off the pitch over the last number of years which is very positive.

The truth of the matter is and remains....both the FAI and IRFU received major tax payers input to build the ground. They were only a few weeks ago sitting infront of the government with the begging bowl out, claiming they needed income and couldnt get it. Dundalk offered them income (small amount in the bigger picture), however they turned their nose up at it for kicking practice. If I was a member of government I would be telling them to take a run and jump then next time they come crying poverty. If they needed money as badly as they claim, they would find a way around it. They are so cock sure of the tax payers money that they feel they are above everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Welcomed with open arms ??? Might be ok for a behind closed doors friendly none of the locals knew about but when they get wind of Dundalk playing Europa league matchs in Windsor Park there won’t be a window left on any Dundalk bus or cars .
    I’m sure a lot of a Dundalk supporters and definitely Dundalk people will be thinking it’s April fools day that any team from Dundalk will be playing in Windsor Park !
    Will they be wearing poppies as well as will be expected in November in Loyalist country ??

• Advertisement

Helps when the chairman of the GAA is also a TD...who left FG very quietly to be independant. Know 2 local FG members who claim the stadium was part of the deal to keep him quiet.

Former owners looked at a greenfield ground. I know someone who seen plans, problems were: 1. overall cost, 2. financing based on LOI income, Europe isnt regular enough and 3. maintaining a new ground on LOI income

How or who should pay for it??? Why do you think Peak6 have been calling for major reforms within the LOI?? Income barely covers running costs let alone stadium financing. Time for fans to waken up...no LOI club will buidl their own ground in the next 20 years. Tax payers will have to cover it....problem in Louth is the county council only have GAA glasses on.

Finally, someone who sees it as it is.

Maybe that attitude is the very reason we will never see an all Ireland league, maybe it is the same logic which is holding football in Ireland back, maybe it is the reason more non Irish owners are needed running clubs. Dundalk is a town located in the middle of Dublin and Belfast...the Aviva is not available...why not move up the road instead of down it?? Dont Derry play in the LOI in a ground financed by the British tax payer?? Time to let go of the past and move on.....no place for politics in modern sport. In fact I would go as far as to say, both Dundalk and Linfield have built a very strong friendship off the pitch over the last number of years which is very positive.

The truth of the matter is and remains....both the FAI and IRFU received major tax payers input to build the ground. They were only a few weeks ago sitting infront of the government with the begging bowl out, claiming they needed income and couldnt get it. Dundalk offered them income (small amount in the bigger picture), however they turned their nose up at it for kicking practice. If I was a member of government I would be telling them to take a run and jump then next time they come crying poverty. If they needed money as badly as they claim, they would find a way around it. They are so cock sure of the tax payers money that they feel they are above everything.

This is nothing to do with an All Ireland League. It's not me being anti Northern Ireland either. I think our representatives should play in our own country. It is that simple. You think Linfield fans would be happy to host their European games down here in the Republic? They wouldn't do it in a million years. Anyway that's the way i see it. It's Dundalks decision at the end of the day.

So Peak 6 approach another sporting body with an offer to run the stadium for them. When the offer is refused Peak 6 publicly criticise said sporting body in the media.

3-4 weeks later Peak 6 approach the same sporting body to see if they can rent their stadium at short notice, which is refused because the owner is using it to play an international fixture. Peak 6 then openly criticise said sporting body in the media.

This isn't a sustainable way to conduct business, not in Ireland anyway.

1. This is nothing to do with an All Ireland League. It's not me being anti Northern Ireland either. 2. I think our representatives should play in our own country. It is that simple. 3. You think Linfield fans would be happy to host their European games down here in the Republic? They wouldn't do it in a million years. Anyway that's the way i see it. 4. It's Dundalks decision at the end of the day.

1. But it is, you claim we should play in our own country. Many people in Northern Ireland see their own country as Ireland. That thinking is what is slowing down the All Ireland league.

2. Then get onto the Aviva...they gave Dundalk the OK for all 3 games only to change their minds at the last minute. Maybe the FAI/IRFU will cover the €50k cost of the game in Tallaght so the IRFU can have a kicking session??

3. It would never be an issue in the North. The IFA would facilitate any club playing in Europe as they realise what it means to the league.

4. Correct. If they go to Windsor, maybe people at the Aviva will consider such actions in the future. It may also see government looking closer at them when handing over tax payers money.....they claim they cannot generate income, however feel in a position to turn income down for a kicking session :rolleyes::rolleyes:

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Welcomed with open arms ??? Might be ok for a behind closed doors friendly none of the locals knew about but when they get wind of Dundalk playing Europa league matchs in Windsor Park there won’t be a window left on any Dundalk bus or cars .
    I’m sure a lot of a Dundalk supporters and definitely Dundalk people will be thinking it’s April fools day that any team from Dundalk will be playing in Windsor Park !
    Will they be wearing poppies as well as will be expected in November in Loyalist country ??

We played Linfield 1 year ago with no travel restrictions on fans. We brought over 500 and was not one bit of bother apart from few teenagers on both sides singing sectarian songs

There were numerous dundalk fans in pubs in the Shankill and Linfields supporters club, all pre arranged

It's 2020 not 1970

Guess what was no trouble at the game in Oriel either

There will be no fans at the games anyway so anything else to add that's nonsense?

hardybuck wrote: »
    So Peak 6 approach another sporting body with an offer to run the stadium for them. When the offer is refused Peak 6 publicly criticise said sporting body in the media.

3-4 weeks later Peak 6 approach the same sporting body to see if they can rent their stadium at short notice, which is refused because the owner is using it to play an international fixture. Peak 6 then openly criticise said sporting body in the media.

This isn't a sustainable way to conduct business, not in Ireland anyway.

Wait within minutes of the qualifier ending our general manager stated in an interview the Aviva had agreed to all 3 games being played, wanted meetings with him asap. That was the case up to after the draw....only in the last few days have the IRFU put in an objection. Looks like someone throwing toys out of a pram.

Maybe it is time for sporting bodies in Ireland to become more professional.....sometimes the truth hurts. How many times per year is the Aviva used?? What does it cost to run every year??? Are they using the facility to its full potential?? Can either organisation at this moment in time refuse income???

I'll do a whip around myself or a sponsored walk 50,000 times around the Aviva to try muster up the 50K myself. Anything to prevent this from happening. Please let it stop. Somebody pull back from the brink before its too late. Dundalk stay in our country!

Wait within minutes of the qualifier ending our general manager stated in an interview the Aviva had agreed to all 3 games being played, wanted meetings with him asap. That was the case up to after the draw....only in the last few days have the IRFU put in an objection. Looks like someone throwing toys out of a pram.

Maybe it is time for sporting bodies in Ireland to become more professional.....sometimes the truth hurts. How many times per year is the Aviva used?? What does it cost to run every year??? Are they using the facility to its full potential?? Can either organisation at this moment in time refuse income???

How would you object to giving someone access to your own stadium? Doesn't make sense.

Perhaps they were agreeable to the potential of games being played there, but that all soured when Peak 6 couldn't have access to the stadium for all of the dates it wanted.

There's only one side doing the talking - and they're not behaving very professionally.

How would you object to giving someone access to your own stadium? Doesn't make sense.

Perhaps they were agreeable to the potential of games being played there, but that all soured when Peak 6 couldn't have access to the stadium for all of the dates it wanted.

There's only one side doing the talking - and they're not behaving very professionally.

The FAI had to confirm Dundalks use of the Aviva to UEFA before the draw...this happened. Only then did the IRFU announce they needed the ground for kicking practice, hence the FAI CEO today stating on Virgin Sport that they were still talking. Something along the lines of "We are still talking to the IRFU, it will be here (Aviva), Tallaght or Dundalk will have to sort something themselves".

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bocaman

Dundalk have only themselves to blame for finding themselves in this situation. Oriel Park should have been redeveloped years ago. For such a major team to be playing in a substandard ground is despicable. As for the IRFU having kicking practice and the moving of the game to Windsor Park as a result well what can you say.

• Advertisement

bocaman wrote: »
    Dundalk have only themselves to blame for finding themselves in this situation. Oriel Park should have been redeveloped years ago. For such a major team to be playing in a substandard ground is despicable. As for the IRFU having kicking practice and the moving of the game to Windsor Park as a result well what can you say.

The general public might care about a LOI team play g in Northern Ireland but Dundalk fans don't care, be no difference in playing in Dublin than Belfast. 2 cities both in our island

Will more than likely be no fans at the game and both are pretty much exact same distance from Town for officals team to travel

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bocaman

Did Dundalk rule out playing in Tallaght?

Hats off to Linfield if they agree to this, dont have a problem with it.

bocaman wrote: »

And who should finance it?? Do you think any bank would touch any LOI club with millions in bank loans to rebuild a ground?? The income for most LOI clubs doesnt cover the squad costs let alone rebuilding projects. Or do you think Peak6 should come in and spend €25+ million of their own money to make it possible?? If so...you obviously dont understand how American companies work.

People need to think about Oriel Parks location.....rebuilding on the site will require land to be purchased, maybe even houses. Then there will be health and safety issues if you change structures....parking requirements.....emergency exits.....they will need more than one entrance......not as easy as just putting roofs on away ends or knocking the stand and rebuilding it. Once they change the structure they will have to abide by current public facility building standards.

The FAI had to confirm Dundalks use of the Aviva to UEFA before the draw...this happened. Only then did the IRFU announce they needed the ground for kicking practice, hence the FAI CEO today stating on Virgin Sport that they were still talking. Something along the lines of "We are still talking to the IRFU, it will be here (Aviva), Tallaght or Dundalk will have to sort something themselves".

Why would the IRFU announce something that'd happen as a matter of course before every international fixture. Again doesn't make sense.

It would make sense that Dundalk had to nominate a stadium that they wanted to play in, but unfortunately it wasn't available on all the dates they wanted.

The gall of Peak 6 is incredible.

Why would the IRFU announce something that'd happen as a matter of course before every international fixture. Again doesn't make sense.

It would make sense that Dundalk had to nominate a stadium that they wanted to play in, but unfortunately it wasn't available on all the dates they wanted.

That's grand if they don't want the rent.

We will give the IFA the cash and happily play there

I would say the gall of the IRFU wanting €30 million of tax payers money to cover loss of income during Covid, then to turn down income regardless of how little for a kicking session. You are obviously a rugby man who sees no harm in them refusing income when begging to tax payers money. I would say that is exactly what is wrong with Irish sport.

• Advertisement

That's grand if they don't want the rent.

We will give the IFA the cash and happily play there

Completely agree with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Considering there will be no fans at the games, I think the location of the match is somewhat irrelevant, is it not?

Would be different of course if we were in normal times, and perhaps Dundalk wouldn't ever think about Windsor in such circumstances.

But I'd say its only a purely financial decision and nothing else. Are Dundalk fans getting annoyed about the potential location? Surely they are all that matters.

I would say the gall of the IRFU wanting €30 million of tax payers money to cover loss of income during Covid, then to turn down income regardless of how little for a kicking session. You are obviously a rugby man who sees no harm in them refusing income when begging to tax payers money. I would say that is exactly what is wrong with Irish sport.

Your argument is poorly formed and lacks objectivity. Just like Bill's.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Considering there will be no fans at the games, I think the location of the match is somewhat irrelevant, is it not?

Would be different of course if we were in normal times, and perhaps Dundalk wouldn't ever think about Windsor in such circumstances.

But I'd say its only a purely financial decision and nothing else. Are Dundalk fans getting annoyed about the potential location? Surely they are all that matters.

No just a few on here who think it would be a disgrace if we play 'up there'

Avivas not available so Windsors the next best option

Seems like Dundalk are confident Uefa are going to allow it aswell going by reports around Oriel this evening

NIMAN wrote: »

By the sounds of the few Dundalk lads on here, even if there was fans allowed there'd be a mass exodus of the town all heading to Windsor on their merry travels proudly representing the Republic of Ireland. Last person to leave to turn the lights out. Belfast jolly here we come.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement