Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greatest League in the World 2024 [new thread available]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Zebra3 wrote: »
    I see everyone is gripped with excitement for this weekend's games. :pac:

Did Rovers not win league last week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

2-0 bohs entering last 20 mins. Ok enough 1st half from Shels without too much quality but the 2nd so far has been wretched, overall we look weaker than last season

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Bohs came out 2nd half a lot better. Much better atmosphere than the Rovers game. Fúck Saturdays. We play on Fridays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bohs came out 2nd half a lot better. Much better atmosphere than the Rovers game. Fúck Saturdays. We play on Fridays.

Thought we were the better team in the first half but didn’t come out at all in the 2nd. Nobody wanted to attack our many crosses at all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

You'll have to give us the display too in fairness....

504848.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,210 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Bad result for us down in Waterford.

But sounds like we got what we deserved.

Derry having an iffy start to the season.

Edit: great goal. Heard both were top class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

tastyt wrote: »
    Always wondered why UCD don't play their home league games against teams that are close enough on maybe a wednesday especially while the college term is on. Most students gone home Friday night.

I'm sure they are trying for years to tap into the student support but surely run some incentive to come to the game on wednesday nights ( half price tickets, subsidised lunch in the college mess with match ticket, free campus gym visit with match ticket )

Easier said than done but with all the student leagues run within the college theres obviously a football mad base to tap into somehow

One free drink would bring in thousands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

RSC pitch should be a benchmark for other clubs.

Not a coincidence many cracking goals are scored at the ground having a level pitch helps.

Dalymount & Tolka are both a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭joeysoap

joeysoap wrote: »

Well the Bull didn't own it so....

• Advertisement

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

FAi sent Pats lads a cease and desist regarding the commentary. They have been doing it 11 years now for free.

Anyone else get one?

FYI their own media agreement states Radio commenatary not allowed doesnt mention online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

dreamers75 wrote: »
    FAi sent Pats lads a cease and desist regarding the commentary. They have been doing it 11 years now for free.

Anyone else get one?

FYI their own media agreement states Radio commenatary not allowed doesnt mention online.

As far as I am aware Dundalk were prevented from all types of online broadcasting last season. Hence Cork and Dundalk using the legal route to force the streaming trial. The FAI sold all broadcasting rights national and international to RTE amongst others.....you know the deal that never existed or better said clubs knew about but never questioned or forced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

dreamers75 wrote: »

Anyone else get one?

Sorry to hear that. Seems they would have better things to be doing.

Did they cite a media contract that your service infringes?

What platform do you provide it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Liberta Per Gli Ultra

The "interim" Deputy CEO of the new FAI creeping expertly into a permanent position.

Quinn open to extending his current role with the FAI (Irish Times)

Nothing surprises me about the FAI anymore. just amazing the number of people who defend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

CSF wrote: »
    Thought we were the better team in the first half but didn’t come out at all in the 2nd. Nobody wanted to attack our many crosses at all.

Very poor second half showing, everything we tired ended up in McGuinness's hands. Thank f**k Cork and Harps still losing! :pac:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/clare-league-fined-by-fai-after-they-banned-a-player-for-criticising-their-public-support-for-john-delaney-39021520.html

This sums it up for me.......and tells us how far the "New FAI" is away from achieving anything.....

Lad calls out the Clare League for supporting JD when every went public, got banned for 6 months by them, the FAI charge and fine the Clare League saying they took the game into disrepute and didnt follow correct process however the FAI cannot overturn the ban. 2-3 questions here;

1. If the FAI are running football in Ireland and can charge the Clare League...why cant they overturn the ban??
    2. Has the Disipline Commitee been reviewed since JD left or are his cronies still there??
    3. Is Joe McGlue still in power and if so why??? JDs long arm for many years, emails to cops private email accounts about fans made public, searched and banned fans without reason for banners against JD, claimed to have hacked phones....the list goes on.

Personally until JDs merry men are removed the FAI will not change, 10 changes at the top will not stop these self serving (c)unts. When they are in place LOI football in Ireland will have little or no chance to develope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Personally until JDs merry men are removed the FAI will not change, 10 changes at the top will not stop these self serving (c)unts. When they are in place LOI football in Ireland will have little or no chance to develope.

This is the key point.
    The structure of the FAI is proped up by Junior football which in itself is made up of many little fifedoms which results in the Clare District League backing JD when he was on the way out or the Sligo Leitrim League sending a delegate to an AGM telling JD "You're the best CEO, John, We've ever had".

Junior football delegates composed the majority of the people who spent 15 years giving John Delaney platitudes and standing ovations in the hope he'd see them clapping harder than anyone else and give them a cushy number on a lower committee.

These cretins and leeches are still there sponging off local football and hiding behind the "I'm a great volunteer and servant to Irish soccer" banner of infallibility.

The clearout, term limits and general good governance has to reach into all these fifedoms before there'll be any meaningful change in this country.

The views of the majority in junior football twoards the League of Ireland range from disinterest to out and out distain and contempt.
    Most see it as a blackhole and a competitor for their players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Poor game in Dalymount, pitch in a bad way too.

Not many goals in our team so once we went behind wasn't expecting much.

6/12 so far, it'll do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Lovely goal by Jack Byrne just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Horrific call from the ref at second glance

Didn't look a penalty at all, but Rovers should have been at least two up before that with the chances they've created.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

Pretty soft peno for Sligo in this game. Fair bit of play acting from the Sligo boys tonight. Coughlan tried the auld roll around in agony peek a boo routine there a while ago, Busquets would have been proud of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

And he awarded it with such certainty and confidence. Hopeless.

McEneff makes it 2-1.

Wasn't sure about Bradley when he got the job, but credit where it's due, he's put together a fantastic squad that play good football.

3-1 Greene.

Game over now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Just back from the Shams game.
    Going to be one hell of a long season for us with that team. Staying in the league will be a fight.
    Hopefully Cork, Shels or Harps turn out to be worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Just back from the Shams game.
    Going to be one hell of a long season for us with that team. Staying in the league will be a fight.
    Hopefully Cork, Shels or Harps turn out to be worse.

Injuries haven't helped but yeah, it's a poor squad. You can see why Devers was signed..he works hard, but thats about it. He was playing local league a few months ago and now he's starting in the Premier. Bucko was just desperate for a player.

The rest of March will tell the story. Derry (A), Waterford (H), Shels (H) and Cork (A) are huge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭overshoot

Tbh devers was useless with us when he initially signed in for us in the first division but by the end of the year was playing pretty well.
    Ollie did actually offer him a contract afaik but he couldn't commit, went abroad, not really sure tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Did Rovers not win league last week?

Here we go again 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭skaface

New safety measures for supporters in the Rsc re: Corona virus..
    Madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭pgj2015

skaface wrote: »
    New safety measures for supporters in the Rsc re: Corona virus..
    Madness

Dundalk will put a similar notice up, but cold water will have to do. no soap allowed.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Dundalk will put a similar notice up, but cold water will have to do. no soap allowed.

Say what you want about Oriel....but dont forget the ground in Dublin which has a part that has been condemmed and deemed unfit to be used!!!
    Add to that...where would Rovers be without JDs favours and the council??

I think everyone on this forum knows that the LOI has been seriously underfunded and that any new build grounds (except Sligo) have not been financed by the clubs themselves.

But keep showing the bitterness and pain.......

Say what you want about Oriel....but dont forget the ground in Dublin which has a part that has been condemmed and deemed unfit to be used!!!
    Add to that...where would Rovers be without JDs favours and the council??

I think everyone on this forum knows that the LOI has been seriously underfunded and that any new build grounds (except Sligo) have not been financed by the clubs themselves.

But keep showing the bitterness and pain.......

I support Dundalk.

I support Dundalk.

I know you claim to....but you should really take a long look at yourself and ask yourself if you are not a secret Liverpool, Man Utd. or Celtic fan deep down. You have a very short memory, dont forget where we where less than 10 years ago and what we have acheived.....

Where do you expect the money to come from for a ground upgrade or retrofit??? What do you think the main stand would cost to replace if donw properly, with upgraded facilities below???
    Do you really think the FAI were willing to support or lobby for Dundalk FC??? They were only interested in the money resting in their account and the rent they could take for games played in the Aviva.

What chance do Dundalk FC or any other LOI club for that matter have of getting paying fans into grounds with fools like you running down the club they claim to support on public forums??

Rovers got Tallaght as their CEO is one of JDs mates, part of the club so to say, Dalymount was lobbied for because JD needed facilities for EURO 2020, make himself look better at UEFA.....Dundalk FC were a cash cow for the FAI nothing more or nothing less and there are still clowns in Abbotstown who beleive without Peak6 the good auld JD would be in place lining their pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I know you claim to....but you should really take a long look at yourself and ask yourself if you are not a secret Liverpool, Man Utd. or Celtic fan deep down. You have a very short memory, dont forget where we where less than 10 years ago and what we have acheived.....

Where do you expect the money to come from for a ground upgrade or retrofit??? What do you think the main stand would cost to replace if donw properly, with upgraded facilities below???
    Do you really think the FAI were willing to support or lobby for Dundalk FC??? They were only interested in the money resting in their account and the rent they could take for games played in the Aviva.

What chance do Dundalk FC or any other LOI club for that matter have of getting paying fans into grounds with fools like you running down the club they claim to support on public forums??

Rovers got Tallaght as their CEO is one of JDs mates, part of the club so to say, Dalymount was lobbied for because JD needed facilities for EURO 2020, make himself look better at UEFA.....Dundalk FC were a cash cow for the FAI nothing more or nothing less and there are still clowns in Abbotstown who beleive without Peak6 the good auld JD would be in place lining their pockets.

Any spare tinfoil hats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Any spare tinfoil?

Try Inchicore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Oat23 wrote: »
    Injuries haven't helped but yeah, it's a poor squad. You can see why Devers was signed..he works hard, but thats about it. He was playing local league a few months ago and now he's starting in the Premier. Bucko was just desperate for a player.

And he far from stood out at that level tbh. Managed a team in the same division and he would have been down the list of people you'd be worried about.

• Advertisement

:confused: A bottle of soap is about 1.30 in Lidl. Thats all I was looking for to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭howiya

:confused: A bottle of soap is about 1.30 in Lidl. Thats all I was looking for to be honest.

You's are the champions. I'd be expecting fancier soap than that

Rovers got Tallaght as their CEO is one of JDs mates, part of the club so to say

Rovers first announced plans to move to Tallaght in 1996 when they left the RDS for "one season in Tolka". As we all know it didn't work out that way, and Rovers went into examinership in 2005 and that's when SDCC took over the ground to complete it.

My understanding is that the FAI/Delaney had FA to do with any of this, but I'd greatly appreciate it if you could show me otherwise.

(Note, I'm not a Rovers fan).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rovers got Tallaght as their CEO is one of JDs mates, part of the club so to say

Who was the CEO of Rovers in 1995? Where was John Delaney in 1995?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭DvB

dfx- wrote: »

I suspect he'll struggle to hear your resonable questions through all the tinfoil.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I saw Jamie mcgrath playing against Celtic yesterday on the highlights show on bbc. st mirren were played off the field, still it must be nice to play in celtic park.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

I saw Jamie mcgrath playing against Celtic yesterday on the highlights show on bbc. st mirren were played off the field, still it must be nice to play in celtic park.

Yup, and in a higher profile league that makes sense for your career. Fair play to him.

His choice, but most ( Dundalk anyway) supporters think he could have done better or even signed for another year. Well might be relegated, wages are probably decent though.

Dundalk beat Harps 7 - 0 at Finn Park just a few years ago. Scorers were Benson ( 2) Horgan, McMillan, Boyle, Barrett and an o.g.

Only Boyle remains ( and he was away) and he was was wasn’t on last Friday. Some change.

dfx- wrote: »

What has 1995 to do with a ground which was only built in approx. 2009??? Many have tried to get grounds built and failed, just as Rovers did. Funny how in 2006 JD was all over the project, lobbying for it, making his mates happy... JD needed something to show his peers at UEFA....Rovers were his bait to get his UEFA gig....at the same time he made the people who went in and out of the FAI HQ on a friendly basis very happy.

Rovers fans have to realise...the club built nothing, in fact they left debts behind themselves. They were handed a stadium by the local council who were lobbied by the FAI amongst others to realise the project.

• Advertisement

What has 1995 to do with a ground which was only built in approx. 2009??? Many have tried to get grounds built and failed, just as Rovers did. Funny how in 2006 JD was all over the project, lobbying for it, making his mates happy... JD needed something to show his peers at UEFA....Rovers were his bait to get his UEFA gig....at the same time he made the people who went in and out of the FAI HQ on a friendly basis very happy.

Rovers fans have to realise...the club built nothing, in fact they left debts behind themselves. They were handed a stadium by the local council who were lobbied by the FAI amongst others to realise the project.

Rovers built part of the first stand, so you're claim they built nothing is untrue.

You seem to be confusing Tallaght with Dalymount which Delaney had his grubby hands all over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement