Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone to Huawei

Options
  • 18-02-2020 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

With Tesco mobile and have an iPhone 5s. Looking at the offers out there I’m between sticking with iPhone and going to 8 or changing to Eir and getting a Huawei P30. From what I’ve read the P30 is a superior phone as regards a camera and battery. I’m not really into apps etc. Is it easy to transfer all my photos etc over? Is there any glaring reason I should stick with iPhone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

ab4248 wrote: »
    With Tesco mobile and have an iPhone 5s. Looking at the offers out there I’m between sticking with iPhone and going to 8 or changing to Eir and getting a Huawei P30. From what I’ve read the P30 is a superior phone as regards a camera and battery. I’m not really into apps etc. Is it easy to transfer all my photos etc over? Is there any glaring reason I should stick with iPhone?

Huawei have an app for that

https://consumer.huawei.com/ie/emui/clone/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Android phones have apps to transfer from iPhone and vice versa. The P30 will be a serious upgrade to a 5S in every sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The only issue is the Eir coverage is shíte compared to Vodafone, that said, 3, Eir and Tesco all use the same network, so you won't notice any difference in this case, service wise. The P30 is a great phone, my wife has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

Inquitus wrote: »
    The only issue is the Eir coverage is shíte compared to Vodafone, that said, 3, Eir and Tesco all use the same network, so you won't notice any difference in this case, service wise.

Amen to that.

I went from VF to Eir last year and took the one month rolling SIM only contract.

Stuck it for two months before going back to VF. Data coverage very poor in comparison.

Also, I live in the border area, when I cross over the transition to VF UK is seamless; when I was with Eir more often than not I had to manually search & register with EE.

Pain in the ass when you've a full bus & you're using phone for directions

:eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Car phone warehouse have an offer if you switch to Vodafone with them on the 40euro a month plan you get P30 Pro for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Have you asked visitors about the signal they get there? It can be upredictable, e.g. people on Vodafone (or anything but 3) lose signal while at or passing my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

XsApollo wrote: »
    Car phone warehouse have an offer if you switch to Vodafone with them on the 40euro a month plan you get P30 Pro for free.

After enquiring about coverage etc the vast majority of people in my area think Vodafone is the best. I’ve been with Tesco so long, it hadn’t bothered me. Biggest thing I hate about the iPhone is the battery so Huawei here I come. While the package is slightly better with Eir I think I’ll get into car phone warehouse. Thanks everyone for your help

ab4248 wrote: »
    After enquiring about coverage etc the vast majority of people in my area think Vodafone is the best. I’ve been with Tesco so long, it hadn’t bothered me. Biggest thing I hate about the iPhone is the battery so Huawei here I come. While the package is slightly better with Eir I think I’ll get into car phone warehouse. Thanks everyone for your help

Car phone will transfer all your data for you.

Advertisement