Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Ads Question...

• 18-02-2020 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Can anyone explain to me why, if the Est. Top of Page bid on a particular keyword is €0.55, why is my Avg. CPC €2.72, 5 TIMES the estimate? It's the same for lots of my keywords.

Also, I've also noticed an enormous difference between the same keywords running on my UK Only adwords account and my Ireland Only account (two different companies, websites, and google accounts). Same keyword, but CPC in Ireland is 3-5 times higher than the UK, despite the fact that I have only 3 or 4 competitors in Ireland but 20+ in the UK. It makes no sense to me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 irishhombre

for our business we decided to invest in off site SEO instead of google ads, it took about 3 months, but we got to page 1 of google search results.

i personally think that businesses that appear high in organic search results are more trustworthy as its likely they have been around for a while....ads can be just any new company.....but thats just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

What do you mean by off site? Are you talking about links in blog comments and that sort of stuff?

What would be a reasonable budget for on/off site SEO? Is it a one off service or ongoing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 Ronan_wals

Hi Scotty

There are two things that could be causing this

€0.55 sounds very low for high value keywords so I'd imagine there is a possibility the keyword tool was giving you an estimate for broad match and its possible you've used phrase or exact match in the actual campaign. This would definitely drive the price up.

It might also be to do with how well you account is structured and the Ad Rank you're receiving. If your quality scores are low then you can be charged up to 400% more than someone with a high quality score.

Hope that helps

Advertisement