Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Distemper paint

• 18-02-2020 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭

Renovating a 1960s bungalow at the moment while painting interior walls the old paint started coming off with the roller. Someone told me it was probably painted originally with distemper paint.
    Some rooms I have stripped the paint off of it comes off in long strips with a scraper. Left with one room which paint is coming off in small sections and the rest won't come off. Does anyone know of a way of removing this paint other than scraping. Another person said to paint it with wallpaper paste should make it easier to strip off. Any ideas welcome. Sorry for the long rambling post.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Sander to get most of it off. If you wallpapers paste it you'll have a crap surface.

You could use liner on it. Which would involve wall papering with liner and then painting. Much better finish

So options are.

Sander.
    Or
    Liner
    Or
    Plaster the walls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

You would still have to scrape off the loose paint prior to lining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

My bad, just saw he already had scraped off the loose paint

Advertisement