Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury II - February 22nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Henno30 wrote: »
    AJ has a broader skillet than Wilder but he doesn't have half the heart, and doesn't do any one thing as well as Wilder throws that right hand.

What are you on about? What make's you think AJ doesn't have heart? You'd be hard pressed to find many who would have climbed off the canvas after the Klitchko knock down and go on to win the fight. He has his limitations but he doesn't shirk anything.

He'd flatten Wilder I think. He's a far superior boxer and Wilder is chinny too. I'd fancy AJ to land before Wilder did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Good man the Fury. It was great to see him send Wilder packing.

Dan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    What are you on about? What make's you think AJ doesn't have heart? You'd be hard pressed to find many who would have climbed off the canvas after the Klitchko knock down and go on to win the fight. He has his limitations but he doesn't shirk anything.

He'd flatten Wilder I think. He's a far superior boxer and Wilder is chinny too. I'd fancy AJ to land before Wilder did.

Wilder would knock aj to t just like Ruiz did.

Or have people forgot that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Draw
    Guys, AJ still presents a completely different fight for Fury. AJ is nothing like Wilder. AJ has a far better all around offence..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Titclamp wrote: »
    Joshua got beat badly by a fat Mexican.

No hope against ferocious Fury

Not that simple.
    That fat Mexican as u put it hits a lot harder than Fury.
    Joshua has less to worry about in that department anyway.
    I think Fury's best asset is the way he implements a plan to negate the other fighters tools

Total different matchup with the winner being the one with the most effective plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Fury will do some bender in Vegas

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Wilder would knock aj to t just like Ruiz did.

Or have people forgot that.

For starters, Ruiz is a decent fighter and he would give lots of fighters problems if he was in the form he was in the first fight. I actually think he's a better fighter than Wilder. I really don't rate Wilder though. He has such a low technical skill base. He has that right hand but that is it.

Secondly, styles make fights. Hes a better boxer than Wilder and its prob a case of who lands first. I'd fancy AJ all day.

I think AJ is wrong for Fury in a few areas. Fury is the better technical boxer but AJ is very good with a great amateur pedigree. Its a hard fight to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Delighted for fury nobody has worked harder to get back to this. Excellent performance but Wilder is such a limited boxer, just looking for that big right hand constantly and made it so easy for fury to telegraph.
    If Wilder doesn't want to disappear he'll do all he can to get a fight with AJ in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

walshb wrote: »
    Guys, AJ still presents a completely different fight for Fury. AJ is nothing like Wilder. AJ has a far better all around offence..

AJ is slower than Wilder.
    I think he has no chance.

But I dont think Fury wants to fight him even though I dont believe he is scared. Just doesnt like Joshua or Hearn.

• Advertisement

Draw
    For starters, Ruiz is a decent fighter and he would give lots of fighters problems if he was in the form he was in the first fight. I actually think he's a better fighter than Wilder. I really don't rate Wilder though. He has such a low technical skill base. He has that right hand but that is it.

Secondly, styles make fights. Hes a better boxer than Wilder and its prob a case of who lands first. I'd fancy AJ all day.

I think AJ is wrong for Fury in a few areas. Fury is the better technical boxer but AJ is very good with a great amateur pedigree. Its a hard fight to call.

Punch delivery and punch offence, AJ is far more technically sound..

Fury is very sloppy on offence. Disjointed and awkward..

This technical buzz needs a little analysis..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

walshb wrote: »

Fury is just a class above going by last night.

I am waiting for Dillian Whyte to claim Tyson is ducking him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Problem is Joshua is afraid of his life to leave the UK and Wilder has never left the US so its hard fight to make. Fury is unbelievable though no problem heading to Germany to beat Klitchko or heading to the US to school Wilder.

Wilder beat Harrison in the UK already, hes also fought in Mexico recently.

AJ fought in USA and Saudi Arabia.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

WalshB again trying to go against general consensus to look smart

Joshua is too slow, suspect chin, power overrated & now since Klitchkso,Ruiz too timid to cause any trouble to Fury.

One of the best HW perfprmances of the last 30 years last night .

MD1990 wrote: »
    AJ is slower than Wilder.
    I think he has no chance.

But I dont think Fury wants to fight him even though I dont believe he is scared. Just doesnt like Joshua or Hearn.

Is he slower? I wouldn't be sure of that at all. AJ has fast hands too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

How many rounds has Wilder lost since Ortiz 1? All 7 last night, all 7 vs Ortiz 2, at least 8 from Fury 1 etc.

Fantastic from Fury. He'll destroy Wilder again in a rematch and he'll destroy AJ too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

6541 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the Andy Lee connection ? Was that an overweight Andy Lee in the ring celebrating with him ?

Overweight? Are you having a laugh?

NINTCHDBPICT000553331727.jpg?strip=all&w=772

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

MD1990 wrote: »
    WalshB again trying to go against general consensus to look smart

Joshua is too slow, suspect chin, power overrated & now since Klitchkso,Ruiz too timid to cause any trouble to Fury.

One of the best HW perfprmances of the last 30 years last night .

Haha look through the thread he wrote fury off and is now trying to say he also said he’d win, he thinks Utd and Watford will win today but it’ll end in a draw 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Dominating performance from Fury last night, seemed to want it more right from the first bell. Wilder was fighting a losing battle after that ear shot, anybody who’s gotten one of those knows how disorientating they can be.

Fury handles AJ easy enough if he puts in a performance like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    What a fighter he can literally do it all,
    Always rises to the big occasion
    He's just a natural

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

What a fighter he can literally do it all,
    Always rises to the big occasion
    He's just a natural

Not a bad singer either!

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

Draw
    I'm glad he annoys you

unsavoury past comments and don't buy this new nice guy act. its also his own fault he got into the condition he did pre comeback.

genuinely think wilder is a good skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,826 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

unsavoury past comments and don't buy this new nice guy act. its also his own fault he got into the condition he did pre comeback.

genuinely think wilder is a good skin.

Sure all the decent skins tend to go on generally about wanting a body on their record........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

At what point did Fury lose his 'Irishness' ...didn't he fight amateur for Ireland now it's English this British that and wearing an England football shirt in his documentary .....no big deal he is English born after all but if he hasn't forgotten his roots he certainly seems to have stopped promoting it the way he did at one time in the past

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

Draw
    Sure all the decent skins tend to go on generally about wanting a body on their record........

Thats all panto.

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    sonofenoch wrote: »
    At what point did Fury lose his 'Irishness' ...didn't he fight amateur for Ireland now it's English this British that and wearing an England football shirt in his documentary .....no big deal he is English born after all but if he hasn't forgotten his roots he certainly seems to have stopped promoting it the way he did at one time in the past

He had green, white and orange on his gloves for the first Wilder fight. Green and white gloves with orange tape I think.

He also had green, white and orange gloves and trunks against Wallin.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

He had green, white and orange on his gloves for the first Wilder fight. Green and white gloves with orange tape I think.

He also had green, white and orange gloves and trunks against Wallin.

IIRC he held the Irish Heavyweight Belt for a spell aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Thats all panto.

When Fury puts an act on its called Panto but if Joshua puts on an act he's called a fake.

I take all with a pinch of salt but I see a lot of hypocritical stuff.

Draw
    Haha look through the thread he wrote fury off and is now trying to say he also said he’d win, he thinks Utd and Watford will win today but it’ll end in a draw ��

Plenty people wrote him off, as in predicted a Wilder KO, and plenty those wanted Fury to win.

I wanted Wilder to win. But anyone who was surprised on last night’s result hasn’t a clue about boxing..

Smart money was in Wilder, all things considered, but a Fury win inside the distance is/was not at all a surprise..

Big difference between this fight and fight 1? Simple: Fury came to actually take this fight, as opposed to nick and steal fight 1...

Exactly as I predicted. To win, his best chance is to go and take it..it’s on page 1 of this thread, and in other threads..

• Advertisement

Draw
    blade1 wrote: »
    When Fury puts an act on its called Panto but if Joshua puts on an act he's called a fake.

I take all with a pinch of salt but I see a lot of hypocritical stuff.

That is because there is a clear anti AJ agenda here. Always has been..

Advertisement