Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury II - February 22nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Draw
    On the subject of chins.....

Take a LL, a man who gets questioned on his chin, due to the two clean type losses via KO....Two whopper shots he got hit with

I'd be confident rating LL as having a sturdier chin than both AJ and Fury...

It's all about levels. Some men have steel chins. A+, some A, some A- and so on and on

Ali, very good chin. A- for me.....

AJ, B-; Fury, B-.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Draw
    Ikozma wrote: »
    when I see fury I don't see a good mover or a good punch thrower, I see slow and awkward, big tall and strong yes, good mover and boxer not so much, wilder is just a worse version of fury

I'm sorry but you must be taking the p!ss? Fury is undoubtedly the most skilled HW boxer around at the moment. He moves more like a middle-weight imo. And I have even more respect for him now that he has shown how he can power punch to devastating affect when he wants to.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    Personally I think Aj will be happy Fury won ,

Wilder was the worst style for AJ as AJ is easy to hit and I think Wilder would have ko'd him early ,
    I don't think we will ever see that fight now,

For all the talk of good chins I think we seen in there last fight AJ is second guessing his and Fury isn't worried about his,

I don't think AJ would have the balls to have put that much pressure on Wilder in fear of being cracked ,
    He'd have tried to do what he done against Ruiz

Still huge question over how AJ fights future fights and what the Ruiz ko did to him mentally .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Cyrus wrote: »
    the man is 6ft 9 and 19 stone, for the sheer mass of him he moves un believably well.

Yea but just because he moves well for a big man doesn't mean he actually moves well

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    AJ Wilder would be a belter especially if AJ was taken out of his comfort zone in the UK. I'd make AJ favourite but Wilder could definitely KO him. AJ would be a much easier fight for Wilder than a rematch with Tyson.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    akelly02 wrote: »

Can't afford a mortgage myself, few hundred on Fury to win and England to beat Ireland in the rugby!. :)

What's odds you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Dont know if wilder will want the rematch but looks like AJ will fight pulev in summer. Fury has 3 fights left in US dont think we see him fighting Joshua till at least late next year

https://twitter.com/SkySportsBoxing/status/1231888654949285888?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

US2 wrote: »
    Dont know if wilder will want the rematch but looks like AJ will fight pulev in summer. Fury has 3 fights left in US dont think we see him fighting Joshua till at least late next year

AJ vs Pulev in June it looks like. Maybe in Tottenhams new stadium.

Everytime Joshua gets in the ring now its a risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,624 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Fury has 2 fights left on his contract.

Joshua to fight Pulev, who is the mandatory challenger. The WBO have Usyk as mandatory challenger also so he either fights him or is stripped. Gives Hearn an option to stall, if that's what he wants...

Draw
    I watched Hearn on sky and people might disagree but I really did get the feeling he doesn't want this fight next
    The reason why it was almost like he was trying to wind Wilder up to defo take the rematch the way he spoke about it,

If you really wanted the fight surely Hearn would be saying look Wilder needs to build himself up again and try come back stronger to fight the winner of Fury and AJ , Try get Wilder thinking he needs to skip the rematch not basically saying he has no choice to take it or he'll look weak . Seems like the wrong road to go down if you really want the Fury fight next ,

I said yesterday I reckon minimum 2 AJ fights before he fights Fury I think I was right,
    Don't forget february next year Whyte gets his shot u get a feeling we won't see Aj v Fury till next summer ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Obviously it would when im disagreeing with you. Human nature and all that. Ever see paul merson on the sky, always backs against spurs, simply biased because of his dislike for the club.

Coke is a hell of a drug.

I watched Hearn on sky and people might disagree but I really did get the feeling he doesn't want this fight next
    The reason why it was almost like he was trying to wind Wilder up to defo take the rematch the way he spoke about it,

If you really wanted the fight surely Hearn would be saying look Wilder needs to build himself up again and try come back stronger to fight the winner of Fury and AJ , Try get Wilder thinking he needs to skip the rematch not basically saying he has no choice to take it or he'll look weak . Seems like the wrong road to go down if you really want the Fury fight next ,

I said yesterday I reckon minimum 2 AJ fights before he fights Fury I think I was right,
    Don't forget february next year Whyte gets his shot u get a feeling we won't see Aj v Fury till next summer ,

And thats assuming AJ gets past Pulev. No pushover. Great left jab and huge body shots.

Draw
    The Nal wrote: »
    And thats assuming AJ gets past Pulev. No pushover. Great left jab and huge body shots.

Personally I think Pulev will get knocked ut in about 5 rounds, Think hes tailor made for AJ for a home town ko

Personally I think Pulev will get knocked ut in about 5 rounds, Think hes tailor made for AJ for a home town ko

A year ago I would've agreed with you but any fear factor with AJ is gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

Draw
    wilder and pulev could both be paid stepaside money....there'd be enough in pot to cover it....wilder gets promise of first crack at winner for all the marbles, pulev agrees wait it out 18 months....both hearn and arum sides contribute to stepaside money.....whytes shot seemingly wasnt until feb 2021 which could be pushed back to summer in promise of its a bigger fight then.

but of course fury and a.j. will have rematch clauses which will fook it all up.

and none of it could happen.......be an awful shame if the fight never gets made for all the belts...a true heavyweight superfight.

dougm1970 wrote: »
    wilder and pulev could both be paid stepaside money....there'd be enough in pot to cover it....wilder gets promise of first crack at winner for all the marbles, pulev agrees wait it out 18 months....both hearn and arum sides contribute to stepaside money.....whytes shot seemingly wasnt until feb 2021 which could be pushed back to summer in promise of its a bigger fight then.

but of course fury and a.j. will have rematch clauses which will fook it all up.

and none of it could happen.......be an awful shame if the fight never gets made for all the belts...a true heavyweight superfight.

Pulev is 39 so will be after his last big payday/shot at the gold. You'd imagine he'll be pulling all the legal strings to get his fight this summer.

They really should roll with this momentum and book AJ/Fury for Wembley and give Pulev a few quid to stay at home and promise him the winner.

Draw
    Pulev even being in the mix here is all that is wrong with boxing..

But I agree, he still could beat AJ, once he can punch somewhat hard...

I’d expect AJ to do a number on him, though..

Wilder has a rematch clause v Fury...

Hey, of course, Fury will be favorite..but the bomber still can end a fight with one punch..

Wilder will likely take some comfort in his still standing and still throwing punches at the end..

I'd put my house on it that we wont see fury v Joshua till summer 21 at earliest. Fury has said this a few times already. Dont see a point in him fighting anyone else to be honest he beats the likes of whyte too easy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Phil.x

A shame wilder got that burst eardrum so early as that injury badly affected him.

Phil.x wrote: »
    A shame wilder got that burst eardrum so early as that injury badly affected him.

His corner said he had a cut on his ear no bust ear drum.

• Advertisement

Draw
    Phil.x wrote: »

He didn't he just got a cut,

Wilder was in trouble from round one, he didn't expect Fury to come after him like that he had no answers,
    He was not winning that fight no matter what on that night,

Draw
    He didn't he just got a cut,

Wilder was in trouble from round one, he didn't expect Fury to come after him like that he had no answers,
    He was not winning that fight no matter what on that night,

What? You picked him via KO rd 6?

Surely he always had that chance from rd 1 to the end, regardless of the scores and Fury's clear winning....?

Eddie Hearn is on Ariel Helwanis MMA show this evening. Live on YouTube from 6

Draw
    walshb wrote: »
    What? You picked him via KO rd 6?

Surely he always had that chance from rd 1 to the end, regardless of the scores and Fury's clear winning....?

I sure did before the first bell ,

I mean from the first bell when Tyson walked him down Wilder looked like a beaten man very early in round one,

Im not sure about anyone else but I never got the feeling like the first fight that Wilder could end it at any time he looked like he didn't want to be there, After he landed a very clean right hand on Fury and didn't budge him seemed disheartened,

Draw
    I sure did before the first bell ,

I mean from the first bell when Tyson walked him down Wilder looked like a beaten man very early in round one,

Im not sure about anyone else but I never got the feeling like the first fight that Wilder could end it at any time he looked like he didn't want to be there, After he landed a very clean right hand on Fury and didn't budge him seemed disheartened,

Do you think a 3rd fight, clean slate could see the potential for a Wilder KO?

Draw
    Do you think a 3rd fight, clean slate could see the potential for a Wilder KO?

You'd have to see how training camps go and what head space the two fighters are in to be 100% sure

Wilder's got a massive problem now
    Everyone thought he lost the first fight and surely he knows he did even if he says otherwise, Then in the second fight Fury tells him he was lucky he got such a physically poor version of Fury and this time he'll run over him and he then does exactly that ,

Again he only had a new trainer for 7 weeks so you'd imagine he can get even better

Where does Wilder find any encouragement from ? only way he can is if he was seriously injured and never said anything,

Wilders will be mental wreck if there's 3rd fight,

Does he get bigger or smaller ? so many questions

Draw
    Eddie Hearn is on Ariel Helwanis MMA show this evening. Live on YouTube from 6

Watch for Hearn talking about the rematch,

I can bet you instead of going down the road of Wilder needs to rebuild first get a confidence back and get back and so on he will say things like if Wilder doesn't take the rematch hes a coward and not a true champion ,

He does NOT want the Fury fight next he wants to get on as much media channels as he can to make sure Wilder feels pressure to take the fight ,
    So he has an excuse for again not putting AJ in with Fury or Wilder, if he doesn't I will be shocked ,

Draw
    I think Hearn gets far too much slating her as regards being labeled as someone who keeps his boxers away from others

I mean, AJ fought Wlad, who was past it, but still a puncher....

Personally, Fury will fight anyone. I know this...

I reckon AJ, himself is similar. These two lads will fight anyone...

Usual narrative and agenda here that AJ and his team are cowards, and stalling, and scared....it's juts way OTT.

Only a while back reading about how AJ will avoid Usyk if Usyk does a number on Derek bleedin' Chsiora......it's pathetic...

Draw
    I think Hearn gets far too much slating her as regards being labeled as someone who keeps his boxers away from others

Usual narrative and agenda here that AJ and his team are cowards, and stalling, and scared....it's juts way OTT.

Only a while back reading about how AJ will avoid Usyk if Usyk does a number on Derek bleedin' Chsiora......it's pathetic...

I don't think AJ a coward but I think Hearn certainly picks the fights wisely ,
    Wald fight for me is nonsense he was over two years retired, coming off a loss and 40 years of age .Not the bravest fight to take is it,

AJ has never taken a fight like Fury did on Wlad or Wilder at the times Fury took them .

His brand is and was far to important to his mangers for that,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ

Hearn protecting AJ is hearns agenda, i have no doubt AJ would take anyone on but he is Hearns golden goose and he will want to protect that

Advertisement