Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury II - February 22nd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,598 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Draw
    Cyrus wrote: »
    well of course you wouldnt. your agenda is there for all to see.

anyway i have my own views on PEDs and im not nearly as naive as you purport to be.

The Klitschkos took PEDs earlier in their careers, at least Witali admitted it but its unlikely he was alone. Given where they are from and their longevity to think they stopped at that point is naive in the extreme.

Vitali did admit it....

Fury fought Wlad...

No agenda. Just sticking to facts......simple stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    walshb wrote: »
    Vitali did admit it....

Fury fought Wlad...

No agenda. Just sticking to facts......simple stuff.

if you want to pretend to be that naive go ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Draw
    Jaysis lads ye should start your own thread. :pac::pac::pac:

Draw
    Jaysis lads ye should start your own thread. :pac::pac::pac:

I know....he's bleedin' stalking me....

Sometimes I think it's Tyson's mother on at me....

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    I know....he's bleedin' stalking me....

Sometimes I think it's Tyson's mother on at me....

Egotistic as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭squinn2912

That was some waste of scrolling over lunch. Mature stuff.

Draw
    squinn2912 wrote: »
    That was some waste of scrolling over lunch. Mature stuff.

Quit the jossing, you loved it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Draw
    Its like Itchy and scratchy. "they fight and fight, bite and fight, fight , fight ..... "

:pac:

Hahaha yea there's nothing like two grown men defining irony to entertain ya! I know I'm being hypocritical too here because I'm a belligerent boyo when my own opinion is slated so I guess this is what it's like for others watching!
    Whatever about it this fight really did produce the goods in terms of drama.

Draw
    Whatever about it this fight really did produce the goods in terms of drama.

It was kind of one way traffic all night.....not really dramatic at all.

• Advertisement

It was kind of one way traffic all night.....not really dramatic at all.

Totally disagree I was on the edge of my seat throughout. I guess it was dull for you being proved so wrong HAHA

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Totally disagree I was on the edge of my seat throughout. I guess it was dull for you being proved so wrong HAHA

Especially first two round it was tense imo

Cyrus wrote: »
    Especially first two round it was tense imo

Yea Fury started well but the second was close enough even if Fury looked in control

Draw

The only possible drama was wondering if Wilder would land a Hail Mary..

Could say that about all his fights...

Drama to me is back and forth, ebb and flow, punch for punch and so on...

The only possible drama was wondering if Wilder would land a Hail Mary..

Could say that about all his fights...

Drama to me is back and forth, ebb and flow, punch for punch and so on...

Fury charging forward to maul - drama. Two KDs - drama. A stoppage - drama. An 0 that had to go - drama. Even the cornermen disagreement and the lame excuses. This fight has people sitting up and taking notice. Look at the discussion generated. Can’t be expecting thrilla in Manila every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Haha. I noticed that as well. Didn't watch the fight but read the reports this morning. Came on here to check if there were any round-by-round descriptions by those watching the fight and noticed that the "Fury by KO" had increased from 16% to 25% since 1am last night :pac:

Actually I think it just increased there from 49 to 50. Good prediction there number 50 ;)

I was laughing at this at the time. I had noticed that the percentages went from about 16% to 25% overnight and then they kept going up as the day progressed

So I submitted the poll to the wayback machine on archive.org. It takes periodic snapshots of webpages, and you can submit a page manually and it will archive it there and then

The funniest additions are the three additional people who voted that they predicted Wilder would win (the day after he lost)

Below is an earlier state of the poll from the day after the fight...at that stage there were only 51.

https://web.archive.org/web/20200223101458/https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=31026

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's become almost a running joke on the MMA forum polls. They sometimes get more votes post fight than pre.
    Wayback machine is a good catch ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Fury charging forward to maul - drama. Two KDs - drama. A stoppage - drama. An 0 that had to go - drama. Even the cornermen disagreement and the lame excuses. This fight has people sitting up and taking notice. Look at the discussion generated. Can’t be expecting thrilla in Manila every time.

Walshb playing the contrarion on the boxing forum? Surely not

Draw
    It was a one-way mauling....

Maybe tense is a better word, in the sense that Wilder could KO Fury out of nowhere...

Not really dramatic...

Anyway, let’s hope Wilder steps aside, and the two English lumps get it on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

It was a one-way mauling....

Maybe tense is a better word, in the sense that Wilder could KO Fury out of nowhere...

Not really dramatic...

Anyway, let’s hope Wilder steps aside, and the two English lumps get it on!

Cmon now Walsh it was fairly dramatic seeing a big man like Wilder never beaten before getting slapped around by Fury. Don’t particularly like either fighter and wouldn’t be a fan of Aj either, hoping Dubois gets to spark one of them in a couple of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Bob Arum waaayyyy out with his claim that the fight would do over two million pay per view buys.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2020/2/26/21155534/wilder-vs-fury-2-ppv-buys-estimated-800-850k-boxing-news

Draw
    Cmon now Walsh it was fairly dramatic seeing a big man like Wilder never beaten before getting slapped around by Fury. Don’t particularly like either fighter and wouldn’t be a fan of Aj either, hoping Dubois gets to spark one of them in a couple of years.

Fair points. I guess it's down to interpretation.

It was a little too one-sided for me to be rally dramatic, but I understand what folks see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,802 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    Pighead wrote: »
    Bob Arum waaayyyy out with his claim that the fight would do over two million pay per view buys.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2020/2/26/21155534/wilder-vs-fury-2-ppv-buys-estimated-800-850k-boxing-news

The problem is the price of pay per view in the states is something like 65 dollars ,Hear is always going on about it that they ruin themselves,

Aj ones are what 20 quid of course they will sell more, its huge difference

The ones in the states have a much higher level of illegal streaming as people not willing to pay the price ,

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Butson

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    This fight was $80 in America, madness.

Plus over there, you can watch fights in cinemas.
    Also I lived there for a few years and big fights tend to be more of a social occasion than here i.e you'd have lots of friends getting together at a house, beers and food etc. Lots of eyeballs on each ppv buy.
    Throw in illegal streaming on top of that and really its a good figure, given boxing has been on its arse for a years years in the States now. Bouncing back slowly.

Do you guys think Dubois will go on to be good enough to spark these guys out?

Draw
    Good enough is difficult to assess here. AJ has a vulnerability, as does Wilder

As long as Dubois is in the ring with them and able to throw punches, sure why wouldn’t he be able to beat, or KO them? Of course, we need to really know how Dubois reacts should they clock him.

Fury would be a tricky task for him..

AJ and Wilder, although ranked near the top, and elite, are not fighters that are in any way clearly superior to others behind..

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Do you guys think Dubois will go on to be good enough to spark these guys out?

If he makes mincemeat of Joe Joyce it'll tell something if not he hasn't done anything yet better than what David price did at the same stage has he and look how it went for him

I'm talking at this stage of his pro career not age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Has Deontay lost it?

Seems his usual self to me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Hes under some pressure now to deliver, his career is over if he loses to fury again, i look forward to his excuses this time around too.

Advertisement