Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury II - February 22nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Wilder is corny as hell. No use talking about being a king when you put in a shift like that and get thoroughly outclassed.

Can't see him reinventing himself in any meaningful way to credibly take on Fury. I'd have little to no interest in a third fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Cyrus wrote: »
    If he makes mincemeat of Joe Joyce it'll tell something if not he hasn't done anything yet better than what David price did at the same stage has he and look how it went for him

I'm talking at this stage of his pro career not age

I was thinking the exact same thing

Wilder is a clown. Just seen that video now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

hes a bully type personality, his ego may not even register he got a hiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    Why does Wilder always talk like he is in a movie he talks absolute nonsense,He can't just be himself
    Bombsquad nation WTF, are his fans 10?
    He really does talk horse manure,

Even in UFC Americans struggle with "Trash talk" they come across corny and goffy,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I don't think Wilder is very clever, somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

A third fight is just a hit and hope scenario for him, his team are never gonna be able to meaningfully improve his ability in a few months, not going to happen.

But I suppose the way he sees it is he'll only need one shot and thats it, belts are back. I doubt it'll happen and hope it doesn't happen, but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I was looking forward to the 2nd fight for months but after that I’ve seen enough out of Wilder/Fury. No interest in a trilogy tbh, I’d like to see AJ fight either man next. Is the rematch nailed on?

Wilder definitely needs to earn another shot at fury. I want AJ vs Fury next but AJ vs Wilder would be good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,112 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Draw
    NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Wilder definitely needs to earn another shot at fury. I want AJ vs Fury next but AJ vs Wilder would be good too.

Why?

They have an agreed rematch clause...

It’s 1-0 to Fury. First fight a draw.

Plenty plenty fighters through the years have gotten immediate rematches after losses, and some clear losses; and some have reversed the result..

Wilder is not some nobody either. He is elite. Considered at or near the top these past few years..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    I'm happy enough to see the 3rd fight. Wilder has a punchers chance he only needs one punch. Yeah he's not going to outbox Fury. He did catch Fury fully in the first round and there's no doubt Fury felt it you could see him gritting his teeth before going back at him.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Draw
    Bob Arum saying that July the fight to happen. Wilder has officially triggered the rematch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭blade1

walshb wrote: »

Wilder is not some nobody either. He is elite. Considered at or near the top these past few years..

He's a dosser!! :D

Draw
    blade1 wrote: »
    He's a dosser!! :D

Well, he certainly looked one last week...

Draw
    Anyone see the video doing the rounds showing Fury’s very clear slap type shots v Wilder? Theory being that Fury’s fists were not sitting in the glove correctly. His fists were down near the wrist part of gloves...it’s trying to explain how Wilder got cut..

Why?

They have an agreed rematch clause...

It’s 1-0 to Fury. First fight a draw.

Plenty plenty fighters through the years have gotten immediate rematches after losses, and some clear losses; and some have reversed the result..

I think fury won the first fight by a razor tight margin. I think the second fight was one sided and the third would go the same way.

I’d say a lot of ppl think the same meaning it also won’t sell well.

I think AJ vs Fury should be the priority fight now. The loser can fight wilder and come again at the winner.

It’s just my opinion on the fights I want to see. You are free to disagree.

Draw
    NewMan1982 wrote: »
    I think fury won the first fight by a razor tight margin. I think the second fight was one sided and the third would go the same way.

I’d say a lot of ppl think the same meaning it also won’t sell well.

I think AJ vs Fury should be the priority fight now. The loser can fight wilder and come again at the winner.

It’s just my opinion on the fights I want to see. You are free to disagree.

I too would prefer Fury-AJ..

My point was more disagreeing that Wilder needs to earn a shot at an agreed rematch

Anyone see the video doing the rounds showing Fury’s very clear slap type shots v Wilder? Theory being that Fury’s fists were not sitting in the glove correctly. His fists were down near the wrist part of gloves...it’s trying to explain how Wilder got cut..

I seen it this morning. It looks a bit mad. I thought the gloves are examined going on? You’d assume they stay watching them until the fighter leaves for the ring walk.

I’d heard about the video before I watched it and heard it was from the first fight. No idea if true.

Something very strange going on anyway.

I too would prefer Fury-AJ..

My point was more disagreeing that Wilder needs to earn a shot at an agreed rematch

Maybe earn was a bad choice of wording but I do think the second fight concluded the intrigue for me for now.

Fury beating AJ and then wilder beating AJ would set up the trilogy fight nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I did notice it during the fight and that's not the first time I've seen Fury's gloves like that.

• Advertisement

Draw
    blade1 wrote: »
    I did notice it during the fight and that's not the first time I've seen Fury's gloves like that.

Fury has hyper mobility of his joints , (it's a thing) His spoke about it in a really really old video
    If your ever watch press conferences you can see his wrists and hands look almost bendy,
    Why his punches sometime look like slaps,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,815 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Haven't seen it but can't imagine it would be a good idea to try to box with your gloves not pulled on properly.

I used to always make sure to push them in good and tight myself when boxing or it wouldn't feel right. Sparring you wouldn't care, but it always felt much better having the 10oz ones on good and tight

Draw
    Fury has hyper mobility of his joints , (it's a thing) His spoke about it in a really really old video
    If your ever watch press conferences you can see his wrists and hands look almost bendy,
    Why his punches sometime look like slaps,

A lot of them don’t look like slaps, they are slaps..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Def a few slaps,its obviously not the winning or losing of the fight, used to set up combos it looks like, a dirty distraction technique.

Draw
    A lot of them don’t look like slaps, they are slaps..

Ye I agree, it's like pawing
    Its lends ot his normal /old style of making sure he just keeps touching you, they aren't hard blows but constant touching tires outt the big lads,
    Hes arkward as hell and anything but text box,
    Its crazy because in a sense he'sbrilliant technically because his technically so poor at times

A link to the videos yous are talking about would be great.

Draw
    A link to the videos yous are talking about would be great.

On that sportsbible on FB

Draw
    Muhammad Ali threw many similar type punches..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,035 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

The video is from the first fight. The Red tape on Fury's glove confirm this

https://twitter.com/atTheTrack7/status/1232146054218420225

• Advertisement

Draw
    The video is from the first fight. The Red tape on Fury's glove confirm this

https://twitter.com/atTheTrack7/status/1232146054218420225

Yes. Good spot. Video was sent to me earlier...I didn’t realize it was fight 1...commentary on vid I was sent mentions ear cut..I just assumed it was fight 2.

Anyway, more excuses really

And nothing g new. Fury does a far bit of slapping. Loads fighters past and present the same..

Advertisement