Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury II - February 22nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Well,no doubts about who won this fight. Well done Fury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Did exactly what he said he would. Class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Wow, what a performance

• Registered Users Posts: 56,130 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Draw
    squinn2912 wrote: »
    You thought he’d be flat on his back.

Yes, my prediction was that. But I did say that Fury’s best chance to win was to go and take the fight. Wilder is vulnerable and chinny..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Havent read any of the thread as I was too engrossed in the fight.... but to my mind Kenny B was way too quick to jump in and try to break them up...
    But a marvelous, tactical masterclass from Fury...well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Draw
    ****ing amazing. What a beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭megadodge

Wilder via KO/TKO/DQ
    I actually thought his corner were going to pull him out earlier.

I know he has huge power, but it was obvious from very early on that he was so beaten up and tired that there was absolutely no snap to the very few punches he threw.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Delighted for Fury. Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,130 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Draw
    Haye...what chance has Wilder got in a rematch?

Is he serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭squinn2912

walshb wrote: »
    Yes, my prediction was that. But I did say that Fury’s best chance to win was to go and take the fight. Wilder is vulnerable and chinny..

Fair enough. We did agree on that as painstaking as it was to communicate that to one or two others. Wilder has been asking for it for a long time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭blade1

squinn2912 wrote: »
    You thought he’d be flat on his back.

He covered himself by saving could. :pac:

Sure if my aunt had wheels, she could be a bike.

To be fair to Wilder he didn’t look for a way out he’d have fought on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

American pie. What a guy

Better exit song anyhow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

American pie. What a guy

So too cheesy. Just leave now fury

bilbot79 wrote: »
    So too cheesy. Just leave now fury

He’s the champ he gets to do what he likes tonight! Don’t leave Fury!

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

Draw
    disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

What a performance, battered him from pillar to post. Fury went up another level tonight, I knew he was great but I didn't know he was that special. The clear no 1 in the world right now and it ain't even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,486 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Never seen anything like that before, he'll be the biggest name in heavyweight boxing since Ali after that. Great performance in the ring and then singing a song like that, just so entertaining.

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

Draw
    Did wilder look alright from the start?

Or did the punch for first knockdown do him in?

• Advertisement

Brilliant hand speed and accuracy. Footwork excellent. So brave to back himself and utterly negate a dangerous puncher.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Never seen anything like that before, he'll be the biggest name in heavyweight boxing since Ali after that. Great performance in the ring and then singing a song like that, just so entertaining.

Sober up! Great performance though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Did wilder look alright from the start?

Or did the punch for first knockdown do him in?
    Looked like he always does until he got hit.

Even Ortiz was giving him a boxing lesson the last time.

People on about how good his jab is???
    He'd have nothing only for his knockout punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

best by far he has ever boxed, he showed decent power too, and some lads saying he cant punch, hes 19st ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭DaithiMa

Fury is the man. When will he get the credit he deserves. The ear damage was caused by a legal punch. He was destroying Wilder before that anyway, he was spitting blood in the corner after the 2nd. Hopefully Fury keeps it together now, doesn't go on a bender and schools Joshua in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭megadodge

Wilder via KO/TKO/DQ
    No, it's just that Wilder just isn't that good!

I've been harping on about this for a long time. The problem with his previous opponents is that they gave him way too much respect, once any pressure has been put on him before he never looked comfortable. His boxing skills are poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    walshb wrote: »
    Fury went and won that fight....and in doing so, neutralised Wilder completely...

Just as I thought could happen..his aggression and offence and range was his best defence here. Wilder couldn’t get a second to set..

I don’t think any agreed with me when I said so..

The only man who could be proven right no matter what happened , fury is the king !

He will break aj up as well

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Wilder underestimated furys power, u get smacked by a 270 pound guy, you're gonna feel it, wilder was done after the 1st knock down fury had wilder done; chuffed for Tyson but deontay is a warrior, respect

megadodge wrote: »
    No, it's just that Wilder just isn't that good!

I've been harping on about this for a long time. The problem with his previous opponents is that they gave him way too much respect, once any pressure has been put on him before he never looked comfortable. His boxing skills are poor.

Wilder has been on borrowed time for a long while now. He’s bluffed by fighting turkeys even though he’s game himself. Ortiz was a very safe option for him. He has power and speed but compared to fury zero ring craft.
    Don’t get why the commentators don’t think he will exercise the rematch clause. It’s still a huge fight and short route to a belt. At 34 he’s suddenly aging too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭passatman86

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Great result for tyson
    His decision to change trainer seems vindicated - he knows what he needs and wants to do pre fights. Same as he knows when he's going to fall off the wagon. I hope he stays focused and fights AJ next and soon. Well deserved win - best come back story in boxing - if not definitely up there. Not only is he winning fights but he's bringing new fans and fans that supported him all along on one hell of a journey. Chap is such an entertainer

Advertisement