Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colleague privacy issues

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

you need to now search for their house, find it on streetview, take a screenshot, and then set it as wallpaper with the caption 'would you like to play a game?'

I like your style!

Just a few other points to reply to questions asked.

The PC has a general login that's shared so I can see web activity etc but I have a unique login for individual programmes that are used. Like I said not ideal from a security point of view (completely flawed) but I have to stick it out for now.

I have no intention of bringing it to the bosses attention or getting someone in trouble, I'm still on probation so it wouldn't work in my favour at all.

I just thought it was odd and it felt a bit intrusive but I think I'll have to put it down to the person being nosey (other colleagues obviously already know this), I'll make sure I remember that in the course of my work and am glad I found out early on so won't be disclosing anything personal to them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Motherof123

you need to now search for their house, find it on streetview, take a screenshot, and then set it as wallpaper with the caption 'would you like to play a game?'

Omg this is hilarious photoshop your face in their living room window hiya

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Christ, there are a lot more things to be really concerned about than someone looking up your address.

Back in the good old days we had Thoms Directory for snooping and it didn't leave a "history"

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Maybe it was someone in HR looking up your address? Ask the question no harm in asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

sadie1502 wrote: »
    Maybe it was someone in HR looking up your address? Ask the question no harm in asking.

well the OP has already said its a small business and there is no HR...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Darc19 wrote: »
    Christ, there are a lot more things to be really concerned about than someone looking up your address...
    Well, to be fair, it's well justified. Their personal address shouldn't be common knowledge.

One thing though OP - did you have your address on your CV? Perhaps this person was asked to review your CV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Zulu wrote: »
    Well, to be fair, it's well justified. Their personal address shouldn't be common knowledge.

One thing though OP - did you have your address on your CV? Perhaps this person was asked to review your CV.

No, my address isn't on CV.

The search was done about 3 weeks ago and I found it this week, I started the job in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

As you said youre lucky you found this out early on. Dont let the person know you know! Dont get into the office politics either!
    Use it to your advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,974 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

TheW1zard wrote: »
    As you said youre lucky you found this out early on. Dont let the person know you know! Dont get into the office politics either!
    Use it to your advantage.

Indeed. The office snoop or blabbermouth, every company has one. If you find out who they are, you can feed all sorts of information to management very efficiently.

Advertisement