Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need another nest. 3rd gen or E

Options
  • 18-02-2020 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. So I've just switched iver to electric Ireland and saw the offer for the supply and install of the nest. My current system is oil and I have hot water plus two zones. As far as I understand the Nest on offer can control the hot water and heating for one zone, I need another nest for my upstairs zone ? Is it possible to do away with the hw as we never use it and instead have two zones off the one nest stat.
    The second zone is exactly the same wiring as the HW, It's a stat and valve/pump. Also if I need the second nest could I use the cheaper nest E. I don't really need the learning function on the upstairs zone as the coming and goings in our house are so eratic

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi there, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

The Nest thermostat with Electric Ireland is the 3rd generation. It would not be possible to install a different version. You could get two 3rd gen Nest thermostats for €400 in total if you opt for a second Nest.

We recommend contacting our colleagues in the Home Energy Services department directly on 1850 372 333 (9am - 6pm, Mon - Fri) to discuss this further. They also have an email address. We can provide general information here but we recommend calling  for any technical queries you may have. 

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

Advertisement