Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young hedge in front garden in bits

Options
  • 19-02-2020 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭

I planted a young hedge last year around the perimeter of my front garden 6m

It grew well, apart from one area where it seems that some young lads were playing football and the ball continuously ended up hitting the hedge and it's in a bad way now. Broken branches etc.

I've bought 4 new plants to replace the damaged ones, but before I put them in, thinking about a small fence or netting to keep these new ones from getting damaged until the hedge grows.

Anything else I can do? Or indeed something that won't look ugly in the front garden?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Is there anyway to get the kids to aim their football away from your hedge. An old neighbor of mind bought a set of goal posts and put it in the field near his house. They used it for a long time till they were broken, but that area became the go to football area and his garden never saw a ball again :) other wise a fence is probably the best was to protect the young hedge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Is there anyway to get the kids to aim their football away from your hedge. An old neighbor of mind bought a set of goal posts and put it in the field near his house. They used it for a long time till they were broken, but that area became the go to football area and his garden never saw a ball again :) other wise a fence is probably the best was to protect the young hedge.

I've already talked to them, they were totally clueless about the damage they had done and said they would be careful next time.

I have my doubts, more like in one ear out the other!

Small fence it is I think.

Advertisement