Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating system pressure going up

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭John.G

It can, as long as it is upstream of any zone valves, but preferably on the return as close to the pump suction as possible as the pump suction will then always be at the EV pressure and the pump discharge will be at the EV pressure+the pump head, this ensures far less possibility of any negative pressure in the system allowing the ingress of air, if its on flow side then the pump will run at the EV pressure but the suction will be at the EV pressure-the pump head and can lead to the ingress of air further back along the return line. See page 36 of the link which exaggerates the effect a bit but explains it well.

https://www.caleffi.com/sites/default/files/coll_attach_file/idronics_16_na_0.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fafonso

Hey guys,

With all the COVID situation, I still have this issue going on, as I wasn't able to do anything about it yet. In the meanwhile, I've noticed something interesting: My boiler works by itself for a few seconds, at random times, regardless of outside temperature, and then it stops. I've also noticed that it doesn't have a flame in the display. I was wondering if this could be somehow related to the other issues. Has anyone seen something like this?

Thank you so much!

Advertisement