Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Imagine 5G Broadband

• 19-02-2020 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

Ive read ream after ream.of bad reports / reviews anout Imagines 5G broadband currently with a monthly charge of €59.99.

Most experience decent speeds at first but a few months down the line these speeds drop dramatically at peak times.

According to a number of posters Imagines advertised 5G is NOT 5G at all.

Can anyone categorically confirm that they DO NOT supply a 5G service and can they tell me what are they using if its not 5G, is it 4G Advanced for example.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Imagine do not supply 5G broadband. They don't own any 5g spectrum. They are a 4g network just like any other 4g network. They sell 4G LTE service but label it as 5G.

Their marketing campaign sings 5G from the rooftops to fool and impress customers as well as politicians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Gonzo wrote: »
    Imagine do not supply 5G broadband. They don't own any 5g spectrum.

The 60 MHz they have is in the 3.6 GHz band, one of the EU's 5G pioneer bands.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The Cush wrote: »
    The 60 MHz they have is in the 3.6 GHz band, one of the EU's 5G pioneer bands.

I thought that was still 4g LTE. I'm sure I read somewhere recently that Imagine don't own any 5g spectrum, but that their devices are 5g ready, but their service is still 4g?

As far as I know proper 5g is only available in Sandyford, areas near the Custom House Quay in Dublin and a handful of other locations around the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Gonzo wrote: »
    I thought that was still 4g LTE. I'm sure I read somewhere recently that Imagine don't own any 5g spectrum, but that their devices are 5g ready, but their service is still 4g?
    The 3.4 - 3.8 GHz band is liberalised spectrum and so is technology neutral, it can be used for LTE, 5G etc. as the licensee decides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It's kinda immaterial. They had 150Mhz on the initial 4G. A Punto on a motorway is faster than a Ferrari on a dirt track. Their capacity is really constrained.

• Advertisement
Advertisement