Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power supply from existing shed

Options
  • 19-02-2020 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi everyone ,
    Have an existing shed connected to the house consumer unit with it's own small garage consumer unit . Have put up another shed near existing shed . Can I take the power from the consumer unit in the existing shed or do I need to go back to the house consumer unit ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

complicit wrote: »
    Hi everyone ,
    Have an existing shed connected to the house consumer unit with it's own small garage consumer unit . Have put up another shed near existing shed . Can I take the power from the consumer unit in the existing shed or do I need to go back to the house consumer unit ?
    Thanks

That depends on a lot of factors, such as:
    1) Has the existing shed got sufficient spare capacity?
    2) What size loading is the new shed?
    3) Is the wiring associated with the existing shed safe / up to standard?

Advertisement